Sponsored

Completely Turning Off Traction Control?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I can feel it and the dash light flashes.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I can feel it and the dash light flashes.

If its turned off, the TC OFF dash light will be on. If thats dark, it wasnt off in the first place or the car got restarted.

its kind of easy to forget or to not hold the button quite long enough to turn off both Advancetrac and traction control both. When you diable them correctly you won’t get any stability assist or cuts in power at any speed. Its not a ‘17s are different thing.

Now, theres is a rare case where it can error out and reboot while you’re driving - usually it makes a chime and shows a dash message about a fault and the it automatically reboots the TC system and gets turned back on after a couple secods. If you’re having that problem I’ve seen that before. It can happen after a big bump or over loose terrain where it seems to get confused. Its rare (1/100 or less) but its a thing. If its happening often, check your wheel hubs and sensors and stuff. Something may be off with your car. Normal bumps and seamsin concrete shouldn’t trigger a reboot unless something else is wrong.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Nope the TC off light is lit and the TC light flashes when it engages.

It allows burnouts and will let me spin donuts as long as I'm below about 35 MPH. This is after seeing the "Advance track off message."

The ECM installed in my GT is the same model used in the F150's I verified this when I found some same trans quirks that he trucks have. This might be the reason.

Pulling the plug does not bother me. I don't like ABS or any other nannie when I'm on a track. I don't give a crap about track mode either.

I grew up without this stuff and find it annoying.

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
From testing on a track, holding the button until it says advance track off only disables it below about 35 MPH. Above that the nannies will kick in. The 2 ways I know how to get rid of them is to pull the airbox plug, you will lose track mode and/or unplug an ABS wheel sensor.
Neither it is accurate on my 18. Only issue is that every once in a while I get "Service Advancetrac" message and everything comes back on. Learned GT350s aren't immune to that either, but also that it's unlikely to show up on track.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I can get my nannies to turn back on in about 15 seconds if I throw the car around proper (Autocross). Unplug next to the air box if you want to play.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
advance track off only disables it below about 35 MPH
Um nope. At our local track days I can power slide at 70 mph no problem, and blaze the tires at will. I also have a 2017.

OP
OP
Jgro

Jgro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Shelby GT500
At the power level the car is at and the average person buying one I would be surprised if Ford left any way to turn things off completely. Liability and stuff.
I tried a bunch of different ways, in different drive modes, stopped and moving, and never could get the ‘hold to disable’work.

I’m thinking the in car process has been disabled for the liability reasons.

The manual it came with is for a Mustang so lots of feature don’t match. There’s no mention of actually turning it off in the GT500 supplement.

I’m not that bent on it - But I really appreciate all the conversation and insight on how it works with my GT brothers!

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
That's not accurate on my 16 GT, hold it for 6 sec and its off until the car restarts. I've got hours on track and just spent a week competing in SCCA nationals at speeds from 35-70. Trust me it wasn't on above 35, I can tell. One of my runs I forgot to turn it off and it was very noticeable.

... but we're talking GT500 anyway.
Same with my 17 gtpp
It’s always fully off when I track it
Like to feel what the car is doing

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
On GT's if you go into track mode, the "Traction control off" light automatically turns on but TCS will still kick in on shifts and not let you get sideways. You can then push the traction control off lever in this mode and it will say "traction control off" even though the TCS off light was already on and it goes into a mode where you can spin the tires as much as you want and get pretty sideways. I'm not sure if stability control is even on in this mode it has never kicked in for me, but I hope it is on just very subdued and unintrusive. I never go past this mode but I dont try to do donuts, I would keep it in this mode on a road course and I drive in this mode 99% of the time with paddles activated after the car is warmed up.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Oh come now....If he's truly found a safe area with permissions and all that who tf cares? I mean afterall, it is his car that he paid for. If he's not risking harming anyone and has taken into consideration risks why rag on him?
Exactly, its not like he's driving around on public roads doing 3++ digit speeds.

If he wants and he is doing so where nobody else will get hurt..... have at it.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Huh. I assumed track mode would have gotten you to where you want to go.

what kind of nannies kick in in track?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Huh. I assumed track mode would have gotten you to where you want to go.

what kind of nannies kick in in track?
Stability control is still on in Track mode - less intrusive than in other modes but it still on and will intervene.
Sponsored