Sponsored

Centri Boys, Need Your Wisdom!

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I think the auto being that much faster is a slight exaggeration.
It's not an exaggeration. The A10 is a lot faster than the M6. That doesn't make it "better" unless speed is your only criteria. It is what it is.

OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Personally I'd rather have a fast stick car than a fast auto. Because I race someone here and there, but just me enjoying my car without trying to blow someone's doors off happens more often, and with a stick its just plain fun. But its just preference, I learned to drive in a 91' Corsica stick shift lol and its been stick cars ever since.

$6200 isn't honestly too bad for that trans! Think I just added that to my list of mods that need done.

Back on topic though, from talking with a lot of guys if I did have an auto id be more interested in the centri blower. But for my setup most are recommending a PD blower or twin turbo. And again personal preference comes into play too, ive had mainly turbo cars all my life, so I wanted something different hence my lean towards a supercharger, which also happens to be a great fit for my application. Dont get me wrong though I think all 3 routes are badass in their own way.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
We started this thread with:

"There is no definitive answer which FI to choose"

I disagree with MD_. My question to you sir is what centri system are you running and who tuned it?

My P1X begins pulling at around 3,500 and hits hard at 4,000 on up. It's got to be set up properly and tuned right, just like any FI system.

With my 305/35/19 Nitto 555R2's, I still cannot hook 100% below 40 mph with only 1/2 - 2/3rd's throttle.

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
We started this thread with:

"There is no definitive answer which FI to choose"

I disagree with MD_. My question to you sir is what centri system are you running and who tuned it?
It's in my sig brother - Paxton 2200, 3.6 pulley Lund Tune.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Centri Cons
- Low end torque is bysmal
- Won't make as much power?
- Have to wind it out to make power

And by "bysmal" you mean like only 30-40ftlbs less (and only for a few thousand rpm if that).

Makes as much or more when comparing psi for psi

And as you wind it it just keeps making power and more and more and more. :)

I say give the Centi, and you will fall in LOVE with it. And then if you want more and more, just buy a $90 pulley and hold on :)

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I have had all 3 FI. Presently twins. Before the twins had a Vortech. If I were to leave the twins I would go back with the Vortech. Had the Roush and the VMP Gen2 R. The Roush made better power than the VMP. I will never go back to a PD blower.
Can you elaborate on why? I have gen 5 whipple though

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
dont take it the wrong way. I get centris are attractive because they’re simple and most often a more affordable option….you just have to be willing to go to 6k to enjoy some of the power band. If you aren’t then go whipple, you can enjoy it in the 2500-4500rpm range in the street. And yes, auto is much faster, but besides the point, and not what I was getting at.
Or just bump up the boost a little with a smaller pulley and have a great power band.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Mine as well. 4100-4300 RPMs 6000 rpms is a stretch. :cwl:
Once mine hits 4,000rpm in first, I can't pull the paddle shifter before it swings past 6,000rpm no matter how hard I try. 3,500 and it is in boost.

For the Manual guys where it takes forever to get to the next gear, a PD blower might be better.

If you have an A10 with 3.55 gears, it would be hard to beat a centri running at higher than standard kit power levels. Mine is in full boost within a second or two off a stop, and continues near peak boost until I let off. During that second or two there isn't much traction anyway in an A10's first gear. Very little RPM drop between gears on the A10.

Last edited:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Feel mine way before that... 🙄
yes, you feel the boost come on at 4000-4500, but if you shift at that RPM doing pet throttle (~40-50%) while moving up thru the gears and you could see what boost it made peak from take off to your cruising speed of say 70, you might have his 2-3psi peak. Would it feel better than a stock mustang? Yes. Would it feel like an 800hp mustang? Probably not. While a TVS doing the same thing would’ve seen 6-7psi.

you don’t have to try to convince me. I have a centrifugal. I understand it’s well behaved at low RPMs. I have no issue with that.

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Can you elaborate on why? I have gen 5 whipple though
PD blowers break tires loose way to easy. Centris are easier to control on WOT.
Members need to understand that going Boost in our Mustangs normal tires are NOT an option anymore. Minimal is Nitto Drag radials they are cheap. Or Big boy $$$ with MT SS or Rs.

OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
And by "bysmal" you mean like only 30-40ftlbs less (and only for a few thousand rpm if that).

Makes as much or more when comparing psi for psi

And as you wind it it just keeps making power and more and more and more. :)

I say give the Centi, and you will fall in LOVE with it. And then if you want more and more, just buy a $90 pulley and hold on :)
Most guys on here that run a Centri seem to have an A10, I dont hear a lot of people running an 6-speed with a Centri setup. Which im being told by a few people,, 1 being the folks that will be doing the install and tune that a PD blower runs better than the centri on a manual.

For about $7500 I can run a Whipple stage 2 kit, good to 850hp, and sounds like its easier to dial in. How much would I spend to make that power with a ProCharger setup? What about knock and tuning issues? I still haven't bought a unit yet so im still open to any and all opinions, but so far PD is seeming to be the better choice for me.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Most guys on here that run a Centri seem to have an A10, I dont hear a lot of people running an 6-speed with a Centri setup. Which im being told by a few people,, 1 being the folks that will be doing the install and tune that a PD blower runs better than the centri on a manual.

For about $7500 I can run a Whipple stage 2 kit, good to 850hp, and sounds like its easier to dial in. How much would I spend to make that power with a ProCharger setup? What about knock and tuning issues? I still haven't bought a unit yet so im still open to any and all opinions, but so far PD is seeming to be the better choice for me.
I believe I spent about $7,000 for my my Stage 2 P1X tuner kit that can go up to 950RW. Keep in mind that either of these kits will require E85 to make 850+ at the rear wheels, (850 Crank HP is doable on 93) so another $2,000 easy for fueling components for either. My tune was $500. Running 14PSI on my P1X I should be at 850RWHP, with plenty of room to grow.

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
yes, you feel the boost come on at 4000-4500, but if you shift at that RPM doing pet throttle (~40-50%) while moving up thru the gears and you could see what boost it made peak from take off to your cruising speed of say 70, you might have his 2-3psi peak. Would it feel better than a stock mustang? Yes. Would it feel like an 800hp mustang? Probably not. While a TVS doing the same thing would’ve seen 6-7psi.

you don’t have to try to convince me. I have a centrifugal. I understand it’s well behaved at low RPMs. I have no issue with that.
Gotcha. I understand what you mean when you put it like that - and you're right. Driving 'normally' I'm shifting right around there when getting up to speed, without going full cowabunga, and boost is just starting to let you know it's there.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
MD_,

I missed your set-up in your signature, my fault. I should learn to read. . . . .
Sponsored

Reactions: MD_