Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Most PD guys will say go PD & Most Centri guys will say get a Centri it never fails. šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚
I actually think he should just buy a whipple. Not because one is better than another. He just seems very undecided and maybe doesnā€™t know what heā€™s getting into. Outcomes would be as follows:

puts whipple on gen 3 manual: doesnā€™t race but has fun merging into highways in 5th or 6th at 2000rpms, minding his business and says car is a blast. ORā€¦..does race, car on Michelins or nankangs and never hooks, gets beat by decently modded NA 10r80s with weight reduction but rationalizes as ā€œhey,thereā€™s tons of low end torque and car is a monster. He only won because I canā€™t put this power to the pavementā€ā€¦. Go on his merry way happy.

Puts a centrifugal on a manual gen 3: doesnā€™t race and canā€™t have any fun because although autos are for girls and men drive a stick, downshifting to a non overdrive gear is hard and therefore annoying to merge and pass. OR does race, and either wins or is very close with modded NA 10r80s with weight reduction but it hits the feels when they tell him ā€œoh you make 650whp? You should be gapping my 490whp carā€ and he goes on forums and FB and complaints then ends up spending $12k on twin turbos..

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
But a Centri pushing power through an A10 burning E85 is a great solution!
I had a big Vortech burning E85 (I only run E85) through the 10r80 and it was a very fun car. Roll racing car was untouchable. Only because all my buds were N/A :yawn:

Sponsored

17Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2013 4Runner, 2015 BMW 328i
If you donā€™t want to go back and forth with the tune whipple was great

OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I actually think he should just buy a whipple. Not because one is better than another. He just seems very undecided and maybe doesnā€™t know what heā€™s getting into. Outcomes would be as follows:

puts whipple on gen 3 manual: doesnā€™t race but has fun merging into highways in 5th or 6th at 2000rpms, minding his business and says car is a blast. ORā€¦..does race, car on Michelins or nankangs and never hooks, gets beat by decently modded NA 10r80s with weight reduction but rationalizes as ā€œhey,thereā€™s tons of low end torque and car is a monster. He only won because I canā€™t put this power to the pavementā€ā€¦. Go on his merry way happy.

Puts a centrifugal on a manual gen 3: doesnā€™t race and canā€™t have any fun because although autos are for girls and men drive a stick, downshifting to a non overdrive gear is hard and therefore annoying to merge and pass. OR does race, and either wins or is very close with modded NA 10r80s with weight reduction but it hits the feels when they tell him ā€œoh you make 650whp? You should be gapping my 490whp carā€ and he goes on forums and FB and complaints then ends up spending $12k on twin turbos..
So you assume I can't afford good tires or know how to drive lol? I would be running the stickiest tires money can buy for one thing, plus an 11 inch wide rear wheel with 305-325's. I love rowing the gears so downshifting isn't a chore, it's fun. I think the auto being that much faster is a slight exaggeration. And if another car is faster than me so be it, I enjoy my car, driving it, shifting gears, etc. Will I be enjoying it just driving it around? Yes. Will I be taking it to strips? Yes.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
So you assume I can't afford good tires or know how to drive lol? I would be running the stickiest tires money can buy for one thing, plus an 11 inch wide rear wheel with 305-325's. I love rowing the gears so downshifting isn't a chore, it's fun. I think the auto being that much faster is a slight exaggeration. And if another car is faster than me so be it, I enjoy my car, driving it, shifting gears, etc. Will I be enjoying it just driving it around? Yes. Will I be taking it to strips? Yes.
Do what your gut tells ya. My 2016 GT was a Twin Turbo with a TreMec 6 speed manual. I got the longer 1st gear option so that 1st gear was usable. Car was a blast on 12 psi. A bit to much for the street but it never got away from me. I was running stock Ferrari tires Pirelli Trofeos very expensive. Stickier than MT Rs. $1100 for 2 installed.

OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Yeah I considered doing a tremec swap as well. Seems like a good route with the long 1st gear plus the tremec is beefier. Never heard of the Trofeos though ill have to look into them.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
dont take it the wrong way. I get centris are attractive because theyā€™re simple and most often a more affordable optionā€¦.you just have to be willing to go to 6k to enjoy some of the power band. If you arenā€™t then go whipple, you can enjoy it in the 2500-4500rpm range in the street. And yes, auto is much faster, but besides the point, and not what I was getting at.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
dont take it the wrong way. I get centris are attractive because theyā€™re simple and most often a more affordable optionā€¦.you just have to be willing to go to 6k to enjoy some of the power band. If you arenā€™t then go whipple, you can enjoy it in the 2500-4500rpm range in the street. And yes, auto is much faster, but besides the point, and not what I was getting at.
Isn't this one of the plusses to a centri. Behaves well at lower RPMs. Is for me.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Isn't this one of the plusses to a centri. Behaves well at lower RPMs. Is for me.
Yes. But I understand not everyone does, some want 10psi right now that they cant put down in the hopes they can steer it enough to not take out a sign, a parked car or a crowd.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I considered doing a tremec swap as well. Seems like a good route with the long 1st gear plus the tremec is beefier. Never heard of the Trofeos though ill have to look into them.
These are not for the drag strip although even with a 30 series sidewall they would not do that bad. Street they are on the money. I got almost 3000 miles out of them of hard street driving. If you have the money do the TreMec swap. JPC sells a swap kit.
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/pirelli-p-zero-trofeo-r/p/37808

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Here is the kit I bought for my 16 GT. After options it was $6200 but way better of a transmission than the stock trans. The stock trans is a great trans IF you keep stock power of only bump HP/TQ slightly. Becareful listening to other members who have not done these things as they will get you into trouble. Members that have done these things are the best members to take advice from. Fanboys are a poison to all car communities.
https://www.jpcracing.com/jpc-2015-2017-mustang-gt-tremec-magnum-xl-complete-conversion-kit/

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
Feel mine way before that... šŸ™„
Sponsored