Catless - Longtubes or Stock manifold?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Cold start with Kooks 1 7/8” catless with Borla Resonator and VMS eBay SS welded in mufflers.

Warm start and some in throttle.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Here is a 3 to 4th WOT pass.

Last edited:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Imo and i have cat deletes once u get to.a certain hp or making 15 or more psi of boost i think LT headers start making a good bit more hp.,I believe egt,s start to come into play once u start pushing some serious boost through the stock manifolds even without convertors.I am looking to do long tubes myself just for this reason

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Sorry I wasn’t able to attach the quote from another thread so I took this snap shot of what Whipple SC (AKA Dustin Whipple) said about the benefits of of long tubes and removing cats. They both have an effect of reducing cyl heat.
80D44E9F-9C62-4341-AFC0-23553395E23F.png

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
you can i been researching and they make a o2 extension that goes on the end of the o2 then bolts to the cat delete it will still read the flow but wont throw the code.. i want cat deletes also but i dont want to spend money on a tuner, and tune just yet
Do you have any more information on the o2 extensions or the cat delete parts you have been looking at?

Thank you sir

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Turbo is a tough comparison because, they are little mufflers themselves.

With the Whipple you'll need/want a cat delete or header set up. My advice would be to do a cat delete with the stock exhaust. If I could do it over again that's where I would start. As you said you can always add in an aftermarket resonator if you want more sound.

I don’t know about the sound of headers anymore to be honest .
I loved the sound of the catted kooks on my 2005 GT with M90.It made 420 rwhp and I thought it was the bomb back then.
I also loved the sound of the catted dynatech long tubes on my 11GT500. But at about 700 rwhp it melted the cats . it was way too raspy catless even with the multiple resonators I ended up welding in .
The same headers never sounded as nice on my 12 GT (with and without cats /resonators. Way too “Tinny” and I swore I would never do headers again but ended up with them on my 15 KB car. Same thing and way too loud and I must have at least 3 sets of resonators on them now to tame them down to the point I can tolerate them

In contrast the stock headers on my Hellion TT sound much better (solid sound and no tin/rasp )and not too loud (I know the turbo’s muffle the sound ) until I open the cutouts in the mid pipe .
Lol
I swore I was going to keep this 18 as stock like as possible and to be honest it’s the best sounding stock coyote motor I have heard .
I know when I start pushing the whipple I will have to get rid of the cats but I would really hate to mess up the sound again with long tubes .
I think I will try cat deletes this time (never had them ) with the stock resonator or a magnaflow true X resonator .
If I end up with headers it will be the kooks ( I think beimg mid length may why they sound better ) with the “legs” so I can reuse whatever resonator I have .

OP
OP
BoostedBen

BoostedBen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Premium
Just got the cat's removed, very happy with it so far.

At Idle, the sound is great, not much louder than before with the cats, just deeper. I feel like I can still keep it quiet (ish) rolling through a neighborhood.

Edit: I'll try and get a sound clip up tomorrow on cold start.

But upon WOT, Sick. Clean and Mean.
20180725_115915.jpg
20180725_132548.jpg
20180725_132538.jpg

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
@BoostedBen You don't waste time do you? :)

What mufflers are you running?

OP
OP
BoostedBen

BoostedBen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, yeah I tend to move pretty quick.

I'm currently running TBM mufflers, happy with them as well. Specifically on the droning, not to bad at all.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If anyone wants to sell me some cat deletes... HMU lol

Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Just got the cat's removed, very happy with it so far.
At Idle, the sound is great, not much louder than before with the cats, just deeper. I feel like I can still keep it quiet (ish) rolling through a neighborhood.

Edit: I'll try and get a sound clip up tomorrow on cold start.

But upon WOT, Sick. Clean and Mean.
20180725_115915.jpg
20180725_132548.jpg
20180725_132538.jpg
Any chance you could get me your whole parts list to do this by chance? And where you got your parts. Would be awesome. Thank you sir

OP
OP
BoostedBen

BoostedBen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fortunately I didn't have to actually do this work myself, I have a good friend in the muffler business that's a pro at custom fabricating. He did the x-pipe as well! :)

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Did you get a tune already? Or is there really any reason for a new tune with cat deletes other than to get rid of the CEL?

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
look up bigdaddys garage mini o2 fix should come right up am sells them but there 90 a pop big daddys are 49 a piece and there stainless i might be getting a few of them when i do my deletes
Sponsored