Look under the specs section...
Sponsored

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
I am the second owner of my car . It has the whipple tune from the original owner. Since its just a basic flash it must be a little on the rich side and not pushing it with timing and has other safe modes. I saw in the directions for the flare tool it will also richen the A/F 1 point I think if the cats show they are getting hot. I am not a expert on these new cars but Drag raced for decades spraying 2 stages of nitrous and been 7.53@185 with my old big tire pro street Camaro. Leaning it down and adding timing and you go faster until you pinch a ring land pretty much. Im sure there must be a little room to get closer to the edge without hurting it and thats what a good custom tune should do.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I am the second owner of my car . It has the whipple tune from the original owner. Since its just a basic flash it must be a little on the rich side and not pushing it with timing and has other safe modes. I saw in the directions for the flare tool it will also richen the A/F 1 point I think if the cats show they are getting hot. I am not a expert on these new cars but Drag raced for decades spraying 2 stages of nitrous and been 7.53@185 with my old big tire pro street Camaro. Leaning it down and adding timing and you go faster until you pinch a ring land pretty much. Im sure there must be a little room to get closer to the edge without hurting it and thats what a good custom tune should do.
Stock engine turbo coyote mustangs have been 7s

Sean709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt prem pp whipple stage 2. 2017 silverado LTZ with rocky ridge package. 09 HD muscle.
Stock engine turbo coyote mustangs have been 7s
That is great. technology has advanced big time. I was only mentioning it because I did race and tune my stuff. Though these cars are different it still comes down to adding as much timing you can get away with and leaning it down without going to far. That was back in 2009 with a 598 BBC with single carb .

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That is great. technology has advanced big time. I was only mentioning it because I did race and tune my stuff. Though these cars are different it still comes down to adding as much timing you can get away with and leaning it down without going to far. That was back in 2009 with a 598 BBC with single carb .
My point was that there is still a lot more power that can be had. These cars are actually pretty easy to tune. If you understand the basics you can tune these cars. The better you understand the better you can tune. If you have tuned before you could do it on these. You’re just dialing in the same parameters

Last edited:

Sponsored

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Sounds like you both agree

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
Lebanon Ford sure does some wild packages. Its pretty cool they will offer a brand new car, with warranty AND power.
wasn’t in my budget, but I do wonder how many they sell tricked out like that.

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
With a stock Whipple tune, someone mentioned potentially running a tad rich for ‘safety’... does that yield extra wear and dirtying of the cats long term? And if so... what’s considered ‘long term’?

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
With a stock Whipple tune, someone mentioned potentially running a tad rich for ‘safety’... does that yield extra wear and dirtying of the cats long term? And if so... what’s considered ‘long term’?

The general consensus is that the stock cats will most likely fail under boosted conditions. That's why I removed mine and will reinstall at smog inspection time. This is not just a Whipple thing. There are Roush boosted cars that have had their cats fail.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The general consensus is that the stock cats will most likely fail under boosted conditions. That's why I removed mine and will reinstall at smog inspection time. This is not just a Whipple thing. There are Roush boosted cars that have had their cats fail.
I’m in California and don’t have to worry about smog tests. Not many people know that some parts of California don’t do smog inspection

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
35K on my setup with the whipple tune and the cats are fine so far.
that’s comforting. Only 8500 or so on mine. A out 6000 with the Whipple.

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have heard about stage 2 melting cats, but not stage 1. It's been awhile since I looked, Whipple use to have it posted on their website
Sponsored