Sponsored

Catch cans do they really work? Bullitt

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
The amount of oil going into catch/PCV will be dependent on how well you rings are sealed. Is your car burning oil??

Fuck the EPA. I have run this setup for 10k miles (passenger side) will zero issues or messes. Kill two birds with one stone w/ crank case ventilation. ;).
7B753C57-B968-4F78-BC44-5B4665170988.jpeg
Sponsored

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I've run catch cans on all my boosted engines. Yes they do work. When I changed superchargers on my first GT500 the intercooler was covered in oil. That's when I started running them. They don't catch all the oil but they help.

I ran one on my 392 Challenger it did not catch as much oil as the boosted engines. It still worked though. I'm on the fence whether to get one for the Bullit or not. I know JLTs work real good that's all I've ever run. I don't really care for the set up in the Bullitt though because it's not mounted just hangs there.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I've run catch cans on all my boosted engines. Yes they do work. When I changed superchargers on my first GT500 the intercooler was covered in oil. That's when I started running them. They don't catch all the oil but they help.

I ran one on my 392 Challenger it did not catch as much oil as the boosted engines. It still worked though. I'm on the fence whether to get one for the Bullit or not. I know JLTs work real good that's all I've ever run. I don't really care for the set up in the Bullitt though because it's not mounted just hangs there.
it doesnt hang there. they give you a bracket that its mounted on.

Sponsored

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I'll ask my buddy if he fabbed it himself, but I know his has a bracket that holds it.
Maybe I should be more specific I'm only talking passenger side. In my experience driver side catch cans are useless. I got a hold of JLT and they said there is no bracket for passenger side. No big deal it seems to sit in there pretty nicely.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
:thumbsup: what he said. if it were not for my catch can (oil separator) this would be going right into the intake .....
IMG_7913.jpg
IMG_7936.jpg
How was the install and maintenance on the FP separator? I'm deciding between that and JLT. Also do you have a part #?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
How was the install and maintenance on the FP separator? I'm deciding between that and JLT. Also do you have a part #?
Install wasn't hard at all, perhaps 20 - 30 minutes and a couple of ratcheting box wrenches.

Maintenance is a bit of a pain., You need to undo the 4 screws on the top to empty it. Still, it's not all that frequent.

nms_1122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1166
For what it's worth I've been running the Ford Performance Separator (Part number: M-6766-A50A) on the passenger side of my Bullitt for about 5,000 miles. I've collected about an ounce of oil in that time. I went with the Ford Performance because it has a bracket, fits in really nice, and looks more or less stock. I empty it roughly every 2,000 miles but could definitely go longer. The instructions say you can empty it by removing the hoses and dumping it. This is true, but I find that it is way easier to loosen the four 4mm allen screws on the lid and use a piston syringe to suck out the oil. Takes about 5 minutes total. Thinking about getting the GT350 driver side separator from FP, but I'm guessing on a NA engine there probably isn't much point. Plus the driver side one gets in the way of the oil dipstick.

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I have the JLT & at 2900 miles I have about 1/2 inch of black oil. Each end had a quick disconnect to take the whole unit out & empty. I also carry the original PCV setup & change it out when the car goes in for service/oil change. JLT is a very nice looking unit.

Sponsored

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I have the JLT & at 2900 miles I have about 1/2 inch of black oil. Each end had a quick disconnect to take the whole unit out & empty. I also carry the original PCV setup & change it out when the car goes in for service/oil change. JLT is a very nice looking unit.
One question would you route the separator line under the throttle body cable or over?

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
for me it's easier to just take the whole unit off then unscrew & empty. I like the twist off top tight so it's kind of hard to unscrew with the hoses on.

SLOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I like to install Ford performance catch cans on both sides of my Bullitt. My dealer told me that standard ones for GT don't fit to Bullitt and some modifications are needed. Is there a specific catch can for Bullitt or GT one can be fitted ?
mustang6g

SLOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Old thread. I was able to get the gt350 oil separator to fit on the drivers side but took it off as it never had any oil. Even after a track day. Was pretty easy to mod if you want to install one. Tried to link my old post but buggered something up.
Sponsored