Sponsored

BULLITT door sill...do they illumined?

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
Hi guys!

Just another quick question: do the 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt door sills illumined as they are derivate from a premium trim?

My impression is that no....which actually sucks a little....but can someone who has seen the car confirmed please?

PFA:
2019-Ford-Mustang-Bullitt-interior-8.jpg
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Bullitt and a few others have spent sime time with the 19 at shows and should be able to directly answer but if history repeats it will be no.

The other Bullitt cars didn't and certainly the 68 didn't. The use of the brushed alum on the sill plate is a throw back tribute item to the understated simple approach of the 68.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The Bullitt door sills aren't illuminated. I agree it's strange to delete a feature that's standard on the Premium levels cars this is based on, but I personally don't mind. Like Mustang1260 said, the brushed aluminum is a cool throwback.

mookstube

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, Awaiting 2019 Bullitt Mustang
This really annoys me. To the point where I want to take the Bullitt sill plates off and replace with standard Mustang Illuminated sill plates. Has anyone done this yet? Does anyone know if the wiring loom is sitting there behind the non-illuminated Bullitt sill plates ready to plug into? I can't check as my Bullitt isn't due until Feb 19....

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
Whats the chances of the wiring loom still having the spur for the lights in the sills? If so, I can see me taking the sills apart and getting the parts to add the lights in.

Sponsored

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
Whats the chances of the wiring loom still having the spur for the lights in the sills? If so, I can see me taking the sills apart and getting the parts to add the lights in.
Chances are very good and have occurred in the past. It is cheaper and quicker to make, use and install the one wiring loom than to have two.

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
Chances are very good and have occurred in the past. It is cheaper and quicker to make, use and install the one wiring loom than to have two.
Indeed it is, Ive known it in the past on other marques. Im fairly sure the wiring will be there, but "where" exactly remains to be seen.

It is likely in the floor tray somewhere, and its whether the sill illumination is connected inside the sill itself, or in a more accessible location on the floor (and what needs removing to access this). As the usual behaviour is for this illumination to change colour, it is then a case of getting the correct parts/led strips to perform the lighting, and then there will be the custom part of making the bullitt sills opaque to allow the light through.

It will almost certainly be possible for a reasonably experienced DIYer to do, but whether its worth just waiting for the innevitable aftermarket company to produce these, I dont know.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Take out the plastic panel next to sill - it takes about 10 seconds and is very easy - this way you will know the answer for your exact car.

2015LE1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE GT
Odds are High that the wiring connections are under the Bullitt sill plate- simply need to plug in an illuminated plate EXCEPT they probably won’t work!

It is NOT a wiring issue but a computer code issue in the BCM. Go to the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition forum and search for the old thread on the issue. Same thing- 15 LE is a GT Prem Mustang but with unique brushed alum plates. You will have to get a friendly Ford dealer to give you the computer code for another Prem GT to get them to work——a dealer will not do it as part of normal operations... gotta know a guy at a Ford service dept and know how to hand reprogram a car.....

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Indeed it is, Ive known it in the past on other marques. Im fairly sure the wiring will be there, but "where" exactly remains to be seen.

It is likely in the floor tray somewhere, and its whether the sill illumination is connected inside the sill itself, or in a more accessible location on the floor (and what needs removing to access this). As the usual behaviour is for this illumination to change colour, it is then a case of getting the correct parts/led strips to perform the lighting, and then there will be the custom part of making the bullitt sills opaque to allow the light through.

It will almost certainly be possible for a reasonably experienced DIYer to do, but whether its worth just waiting for the innevitable aftermarket company to produce these, I dont know.
I realize I'm way late with this, but I got my Bullitt 2 months ago.
The sills do NOT illuminate on the car, and there ARE plugs for it, just not sure where the wires are ran. If you take off the plastic trim just inside the vehicle next to the weather stripping, you can see there is a plug for it under the plastic trim with nothing plugged in.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I realize I'm way late with this, but I got my Bullitt 2 months ago.
The sills do NOT illuminate on the car, and there ARE plugs for it, just not sure where the wires are ran. If you take off the plastic trim just inside the vehicle next to the weather stripping, you can see there is a plug for it under the plastic trim with nothing plugged in.
Its likely pre-run as there are GT stills that illuminate. Easier to use 1 wire loom for all models then specific ones.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd bet my house that connector has power, and shouldn't need any FORScan reprogramming. Before trading my Platinum truck for the Bullitt a few days ago, I actually added a light for the PRNDM shifter plate, since Ford deleted it for that year. The harness was also there, and it lighted right up. I was also disappointed not to see the sills illuminated, but not surprised. Ford has been doing feature deletion on every model every year, rather than the contrary (to make an aging platform more attractive). Oh well. I'll leave mine alone, but curious if somebody can make the light work :). Subscribed.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'd bet my house that connector has power, and shouldn't need any FORScan reprogramming. Before trading my Platinum truck for the Bullitt a few days ago, I actually added a light for the PRNDM shifter plate, since Ford deleted it for that year. The harness was also there, and it lighted right up. I was also disappointed not to see the sills illuminated, but not surprised. Ford has been doing feature deletion on every model every year, rather than the contrary (to make an aging platform more attractive). Oh well. I'll leave mine alone, but curious if somebody can make the light work :). Subscribed.
I pulled up the middle trim as I was hard-wiring a dash cam (to hide wire coming down A pillar I pulled off the trim between the doors and the fuse panel instead of that metal-looking plastic piece). There is a plug there ready to be used. I haven't tested it with multimeter, but this trim is super easy to remove to try.
I'm debating getting illuminated sills, but I guess we did get different looking, more "hidden" sleeper look (except for the silly fake gas cap that I may replace) vehicle, so not sure if adding illuminated would be bit much.
How do you "subscribe" to a thread, click on the "bookmark" for a comment? I'm new here.

Also, pic of the trim attached from when I did my dash cam, you can actually see the plug right in there, circled in blue (sorry about the crappy quality, it was overall pick of my progress with dash cam and zoomed in and cropped):
2020_05_19_16_19_39_Photos.png

slaslo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Its likely pre-run as there are GT stills that illuminate. Easier to use 1 wire loom for all models then specific ones.
Although the power plug is there, it is not active. I verified by plugging in the Mustang Premium illuminated sills. Nothing...

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Although the power plug is there, it is not active. I verified by plugging in the Mustang Premium illuminated sills. Nothing...
Could be you're just missing a fuse? And by missing I mean yeah, probably not there since Bullitt doesn't need them, but I'm sure the fuse box and wiring is common, so maybe just a fuse is all you need to complete the circuit?
Sponsored