Sponsored

Oil Catch Cans

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.

nms_1122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1166
Hey, could you please post a picture (or 2) of your separator? I assume you have the xxxA version, with the long bracket, since the other one doesn't bolt to our valve covers. I've seen a couple of those installed, and they looked bad. Since you're saying it fits stock, maybe there was an installation issue or something. I'd like to see if it really looks stock to my more discerning eyes. Ha ha. Thanks brother.
Yes, I have the M-6766-A50A separator. The bracket attaches to the valve cover. You remove the top bolt and replace it with one that has a stud to attach the bracket. The first picture is the overview of the separator. The second is a close up of the bracket attached to the valve cover. I think it is pretty clean looking. To empty it I don't remove the hoses, I just use a 4mm allen wrench to remove the screws holding the lid on and use a large syringe to suck out the oil.
20200612_103237.jpg
20200612_103406.jpg

oscar01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang DHG L0103
Yes, I have the M-6766-A50A separator. The bracket attaches to the valve cover. You remove the top bolt and replace it with one that has a stud to attach the bracket. The first picture is the overview of the separator. The second is a close up of the bracket attached to the valve cover. I think it is pretty clean looking. To empty it I don't remove the hoses, I just use a 4mm allen wrench to remove the screws holding the lid on and use a large syringe to suck out the oil.
20200612_103237.jpg
20200612_103406.jpg
I have the same one. Looks and fit OEM

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks Nms. Yeah, looks good. Could be better if Ford had included a proper bolt and a spacer, rather than that cheap-looking stud. But more importantly, is the actual catch can design good? Did any of you scrutinized it on the inside? Because in this case, function trumps form IMO.

What I don't like about the UPRs is they sell them as 15-20, when 15-18s have the PCV valve closer to the front of the engine. This is the one I had selected: https://uprproducts.com/15-20-mustang-gt-single-valve-oil-catch-can-separator-plug-n-play/ , but I wanted to tuck it in (closer to the radiator) as much as possible, so it's out of the way when the radiator cover is installed... but with the same hoses as 15-17 vehicles, I don't think they'd reach. The hoses need to be about 2" longer for 18-20s. UPR has the best design I've seen... but haven't seen the Ford Performance inside yet. Wonder how it compares to the UPR. If it's as effective. If I decide to get one, the decision would be between those 2. If my engine doesn't consume much oil, wiould probably leave it alone. If hardly anything, for sure I'd leave it alone :D.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
Thanks Nms. Yeah, looks good. Could be better if Ford had included a proper bolt and a spacer, rather than that cheap-looking stud. But more importantly, is the actual catch can design good? Did any of you scrutinized it on the inside? Because in this case, function trumps form IMO.
i looked inside my ford performance one when i received it, the *-A50A.. looked nice.. there is a groove and a rubber gasket so the top seals well. there is a metal fabric mesh/screen that sits between the lid and body, horizontally. this screen helps separate the oil from air before heading back to the intake.

i didnt take any pics of the inside of mine before install, however it looks really similar to this, just not quite as deep

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.f1..._de05a70092bfc84a6d7fd82627b0cbac6884491c.png
Sponsored