Sponsored

Can accelerator pedal resistance be adjusted?

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
I've thought about buying a new Pedal assembly to see if I can add a spring to it.......I'll call my parts guy and see what he can do for me.......stay tuned!!
Please be sure to take photos of the inside, when you open the pedal assembly. My mustang is currently parked due to winter weather conditions. My f150 does not have this issue. As soon as spring comes I plan to look into this further. Any information about the pedal assembly design you may be able to provide, will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I did a quick search to see if there is any shop manual exploded view drawings of the assembly. No luck. Does Ford not do this anymore or is it all electronic and come with a fee to buy or use?

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
MIRACLE OF MIRACLES!!:shock:

Well Boys and Girls.......

I took someone's advice and switched my Drive Settings to "Snow & Rain" and the throttle response is MUCH LESS SENSITIVE for about the first 30%to 40% of pedal travel making launches and shifts virtually FLAWLESS.......especially the "TWITCHY" 1-2 shift.....WOW!!:wink: From about 40% on to WOT it's VERY RESPONSIVE........with CRAZY acceleration above 4,000 RPM's in second and third gear!!:muscle::shock:

Now, since I drive in "My Mode" with Exhaust in "Sport", Steering in "Sport" and Launch Control "OFF" all I had to do is reset "My Mode" for these 3 and the "Snow & Rain" Throttle stayed that-a-way.....WOW AGAIN!!:handsinair::crackup:

So now all I have to do when I start the car is switch from "Normal" to "My Mode" with the Mode Toggle Switch below the radio and I'm back in BIDNESS.........THANKS FORD.....AMAZINGLY SIMPLE!!😁

Give it a whirl.......it really makes a BIG difference!! :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
MIRACLE OF MIRACLES!!:shock:

Well Boys and Girls.......

I took someones advice and switched my Drive Settings to "Snow & Rain" and the throttle response is MUCH LESS SENSITIVE for about the first 30%to 40% of pedal travel making launches and shifts virtually FLAWLESS.......especially the "TWITCHY" 1-2 shift.....WOW!!:wink: From about 40% on to WOT it's VERY RESPONSIVE........with CRAZY acceleration above 4,000 RPM's in second and third gear!!:muscle::shock:

Now, since I drive in "My Mode" with Exhaust it "Sport", Steering in "Sport" and Launch Control "OFF" all I had to do is reset "My Mode" for these 3 and the "Snow & Rain" Throttle stayed that-a-way.....WOW AGAIN!!:handsinair::crackup:

So now all I have to do when I start the car is switch from "Normal" to "My Mode" with the Mode Toggle Switch below the radio and I'm back in BIDNESS.........THANKS FORD.....AMAZINGLY SIMPLE!!😁

Give it a whirl.......it really makes a BIG difference!! :like:
Doesnt rain /snow mode limit max power? I would prefer not to have to switch modes when I want to let her rip. When I snow mode, can you rest the full weight of your foot on the pedal without speed increasing at highway cruising? I may experiment with this setting some. I've always over looked it bc I thought it reduced power greatly. Maybe that was a false assumption.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I cannot see where MAX POWER is limited at all by my "Seat Of The Pants Dyno"....give it a try and see what you think?? 🤔

Anytime I tried the "Snow & Rain" setting while driving my car seemed to slow down because the accelerator position was reduced by the computer and I never tried to accelerate to WOT until today and it is WOT as far as I can tell??:shock::like:

Please try it and see what you think Zoso??:thumbsup::sunglasses:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Doesnt rain /snow mode limit max power?
No, it just limits how fast you can get to it. The throttle opening vs. pedal movement curve is more gentle than normal at first, but it will eventually start rising if you press the pedal hard enough. From about 70% onwards it's the same as normal.

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I've driven it several times this week and I am MUCH better with ALL shifts......especially 1-2!! :like: 😁

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I discovered that there seems to be a minor glitch in my "Snow & Rain" throttle setting used to reduce throttle sensitivity?? 🤔

Today with the temperature in the 50's I noticed that above half throttle the "Traction Control" kicked in and it felt like someone threw out a Sea Anchor.....WTF!!:shock:

Times before there was NO THROTTLE ATTENUATION so just for kicks I turned the "TC" OFF and I was back in bidness with GREAT WOT acceleration!!:thumbsup:😁

So it looks like the "puter" will attenuate the throttle in the "Snow & Rain" setting and it seems to do it when it's cooler.......I'll check again when it warms up but for now I'll just remember to turn the "TC" OFF when I need WILD ACCELERATION!!:sunglasses:

Has anyone else discovered this "glitch" while experimenting with throttle sensitivity reduction in the "Snow & Rain" Mode??🤔
Sponsored