Camshafts / Boost

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Does anyone have any ideas on finding stock Gen 2 cams? I've done tons of research and they seem to work well with boost. I can only find Comp cams but I cannot find any reviews, etc... on them.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Wellllll comp stage 3 for your gen 2. I mean, your gonna replace the cams anyways.
Doesn't your 2015 already have 'stock cams' ?

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Wellllll comp stage 3 for your gen 2. I mean, your gonna replace the cams anyways.
It does but I'm keeping that motor intact. Im just building a complete new setup. You think those stage 3s are good? I've spoken to MPR and he recommended custom grind for a single turbo setup. FFRE said the stockers would work well. Brett Lasalla was running stockers making 1500 HP. Both comp and factory are the same cost, just kind of torn which way to go and cams are like top secret. Lol

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
FFRE said the stockers would work well.
Yes the stockers work extremely well. 1000+ horsepower no problem.
in case you're wondering about the stock cam specs:

2015-2017 mustang GT cams:
Intake Cam Lift- 13mm, 260* duration.
Exhaust Cam Lift- 13mm, 263* duration

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I spent a few hours talking to (learning from) a cam lobe designer one day and he basically scared me away from anything aftermarket. Some aftermarket lobes are fine and some are junk, but without a kinematics expert on hand you and I wouldn’t know the difference. Ever since then I try my hardest to find a stock cam(s) that come close enough to the specs I want in an oem cam. If I were you I’d be looking at predator and CJ cams. If those won’t work then stock gen2 I guess.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yes the stockers work extremely well. 1000+ horsepower no problem.
in case you're wondering about the stock cam specs:

2015-2017 mustang GT cams:
Intake Cam Lift- 13mm, 260* duration.
Exhaust Cam Lift- 13mm, 263* duration
Thanks man. I personally want larger cams, I feel it would breathe much better. I'll let you guys know what I decide. Thanks again

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I spent a few hours talking to (learning from) a cam lobe designer one day and he basically scared me away from anything aftermarket. Some aftermarket lobes are fine and some are junk, but without a kinematics expert on hand you and I wouldn’t know the difference. Ever since then I try my hardest to find a stock cam(s) that come close enough to the specs I want in an oem cam. If I were you I’d be looking at predator and CJ cams. If those won’t work then stock gen2 I guess.
I was also told by one of the builders that they have had fitment issues with aftermarket cams. Thanks

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I was also told by one of the builders that they have had fitment issues with aftermarket cams.
They'll be zero issues with comp cams.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you are looking for stock cams they are $105-$120 each new from dealer so about $450 for a set

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
It does but I'm keeping that motor intact. Im just building a complete new setup. You think those stage 3s are good? I've spoken to MPR and he recommended custom grind for a single turbo setup. FFRE said the stockers would work well. Brett Lasalla was running stockers making 1500 HP. Both comp and factory are the same cost, just kind of torn which way to go and cams are like top secret. Lol
Nuff said. Proof is in the pudding.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Both comp and factory are the same cost, just kind of torn which way to go and cams are like top secret. Lol
What do you mean by “ are the same cost” ? Because I know you are not talking about cost as in money.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Thanks man. I personally want larger cams, I feel it would breathe much better. I'll let you guys know what I decide. Thanks again
What are your goals? You feel it would breath much better? what does that even mean? At what RPM? How much power do you feel you will pick up? Where do you feel it you would begin to see gains?

lol at these threads.. just lol.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
What are your goals? You feel it would breath much better? what does that even mean? At what RPM? How much power do you feel you will pick up? Where do you feel it you would begin to see gains?

lol at these threads.. just lol.
If the OP is blower limited, he has no choice but to increase engine horsepower. Whether that's cams, exhaust, intake manifold etc. It will make more power boosted, with more naturally aspirated power.
Sponsored