Sponsored

Any real world 3rd party results from the L&M/AED intake only camshafts?

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Procharged D1X
Curious to see if any other supercharger guys are running these cams and what their before/after numbers were. AED is claiming 80-90rwhp on blower cars.
Sponsored

OP
OP

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ those videos were done by AED using a cam they designed, I would take those videos/results with a grain of salt, not as gospel. Thats like a Whipple rep saying Whipple superchargers are the best or a procharger rep saying prochargers are the best. I'm talking real world, guy buys cams, gets car dynoed, installs cams, gets dynoed again.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
True but you do realize those were done on a customers car correct?

Id also assume youve seen the Vids on AEDs facebook page?

Also ive disputed many many times on here Whipples shady claims.

However its pretty hard to argue before and after results from same car.

OP
OP

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And there are no shady shops that wouldn't fudge the numbers? Guess I'm just a little suspect of 90hp cams...

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Im just as skeptical as you. I get it honestly.

Now if that was AEDs personal car sure Id worry more. Some others dudes meh still skeptical yes Id agree.

However here is one HUGE attribute ill give AED and L&M credit for at least they give you the freaking cams specs not some ohhh they are 'custom grinds" BS!!

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
Well great :doh:.......just when I think I’m done throwing money at this thing, along comes this information lol!!

Solid :headbang:

BV600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
AED is a pretty solid company with some fast cars so I wouldn't call it shady.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I’ve got a gen2-R with intake cams going on the dyno for tune at the end of March. They didn’t do much of anything for me NA so we will see.

OP
OP

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got a gen2-R with intake cams going on the dyno for tune at the end of March. They didn’t do much of anything for me NA so we will see.
exactly that is a big part of my skepticism, if they gain 10hp on an NA car are they magically going to pick up 80 on a boosted car? Possible, I guess so since its been done in 2 cases by the people who spec'd the cam I just find it interesting that they have been out for months and nobody else has tried to run a test to be able to independently back up those 80hp claims.

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Who tuned it?

Comp cams pick up a ton of power with blower cars too.

Hell look at Evil 5.0 he made 525whp with Comp Stage 3 NA cams and over 900 once he added the whipple and e85.

Im pretty sure the cams will produce the results.

But also keep in mind it sure seems like the tunes in theee cars can make or break the setup and ill be honesnt i think some tuners have the vct manipulation figured out amd others simply dont.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
exactly that is a big part of my skepticism, if they gain 10hp on an NA car are they magically going to pick up 80 on a boosted car? Possible, I guess so since its been done in 2 cases by the people who spec'd the cam I just find it interesting that they have been out for months and nobody else has tried to run a test to be able to independently back up those 80hp claims.
So the weird thing is some people don’t gain much but others have. I know a few guys deep into the 10s with these cams NA. I’m not much of a racer so I can’t say.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Who tuned it?

Hell look at Evil 5.0 he made 525whp with Comp Stage 3 NA cams and over 900 once he added the whipple and e85.

But also keep in mind it sure seems like the tunes in theee cars can make or break the setup and ill be honesnt i think some tuners have the vct manipulation figured out amd others simply dont.
I had Rev Auto and Lund tune mine while NA. The Rev Auto tune made a few more.
My cams took an incredible amount of time to dial in due to whatever issue mine have.

OP
OP

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who tuned it?

I agree, tuning them is a pita, sometimes they don't even activate properly when at wot for me.

Me trying to do cam tuning :headbonk:

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
No dog in this fight, but I'd like to know what happens if you buy the cams and don't get the AED calibration? Will it make less? What kind of dyno was used to develop the calibration?
Sponsored