Bleeding boost......

Sal GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Procharged GT
Hey everyone, I am new to centrifugal superchargers (my experience is with Turbos, Buick Turbo Regals) and I want to know if there is a way on my Procharger to stop bleeding boost while at anything under WOT? Mine bleeds boost between 0-5psi around ~50% throttle and it feels like it is surging.

Thanks in advance.

Sal
Sponsored

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
It could be that you need to adjust your bov, the vacuum signal isn't clear, or your tune needs to be tightened up

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Check with Procharger before adjusting the bypass valve. The surging is normally caused by the tune and not the bpv. Remember it's designed to be open when in vacuum.

slowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang A6 5.0
I think swapping BOV's on these entry blower kits would eliminate a lot of issues. I'm going to end up just swapping to a budget RPS 50mm BOV that I use on a lot of my turbo LS builds. 150$ tops for me to do the whole swap.

Papabearob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT performance pack w/ Recaros
I would at least try going one full turn on tightening your BOV and see if the characteristics change, if not then it will more than likely be your tune.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Hey everyone, I am new to centrifugal superchargers (my experience is with Turbos, Buick Turbo Regals) and I want to know if there is a way on my Procharger to stop bleeding boost while at anything under WOT? Mine bleeds boost between 0-5psi around ~50% throttle and it feels like it is surging.

Thanks in advance.

Sal
Couple things

1) Do NOT adjust the bypass valve. There is literally ZERO reason for this unless you run a 1000+ HP car with cams so large they can't make vacuum.

2) "50%" throttle doesn't really mean anything to these cars, since they are a TQ based system. So basically if that valve is open, then that means the throttle blade is at a point where the car is still producing vacuum... vacuum is what keeps the bypass valve open, because obviously the engine doesn't need/want boost at that point.
Sponsored