Sponsored

Bullitt vs GT - Hardware Differences

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Bullitt IM swap in a 18+ is not as straight forward as many think.. Some connectors change, the evap solenoid change but there is a work around using the stock one. The car have some different vac lines than a normal GT.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Bullitt IM swap in a 18+ is not as straight forward as many think.. Some connectors change, the evap solenoid change but there is a work around using the stock one. The car have some different vac lines than a normal GT.
That's what I was afraid of. :frown:

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Regarding the exhaust sound, the active exhaust tuning is supposed to specific to the Bullitt, along with the internals of the resonator and mufflers. That has to work in concert with the induction set-up the Bullitt engine.
Apparently the mufflers are the same, according to this thread. I don't know about the resonator though.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I was afraid of. :frown:
I know this is an easy mod, but these instructions back up there are differences in the PCV lines :

1641544612662.png

WD :like:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Apparently the mufflers are the same, according to this thread. I don't know about the resonator though.
It is my understanding the internal packing is different even though the external shells for both might be physically the same as the GT. I got this information from a Mustang engineer (the chief engineer, in fact). That said, I wouldn't deny Ford would leverage hardware when possible and tune accordingly.

Here's what he quoted to me -

1641610854168.png

Sponsored

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
It is my understanding the internal packing is different even though the external shells for both might be physically the same as the GT. I got this information from a Mustang engineer (the chief engineer, in fact). That said, I wouldn't deny Ford would leverage hardware when possible and tune accordingly.

Here's what he quoted to me -

1641610854168.png
So the exhaust sound comes in through the speakers?? How does that work

BULLITT480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
The Bullitt also has a different rear end, 3.73 as opposed to 3.5. I do not believe the Bullitt has the larger radiator. It was listed in pre-release publicity and pulled, probably by the bean counters. And of course a different tune. And the short throw shifter

BULLITT480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
To my knowledge he did not mention having a Performance Pack 1 or 2. He only mentioned a Mustang GT European edition.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
To my knowledge he did not mention having a Performance Pack 1 or 2. He only mentioned a Mustang GT European edition.
Then that's correct - couldn't tell who were you responding to. Did Euro Bullit get 3.73 with (which is way more valuable) Torsen in it ?

Sponsored

BULLITT480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
Then that's correct - couldn't tell who were you responding to. Did Euro Bullit get 3.73 with (which is way more valuable) Torsen in it ?

From my read of his original posts he does not have a Euro Bullitt, rather a Euro Spec Mustang GT that he would like to modify to be a Bullitt.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
So the exhaust sound comes in through the speakers?? How does that work
It's not that the exhaust sound "comes in through the speakers", it's that the Bullitt has a synthesized sound added to the interior using the sound system. FWIW, it also doesn't have the intake sound tube under the hood.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
No … :frown:

3.55 trac loc, like every other euro … :frown:

WD :like:

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No European Mustang comes with a Torsen. Not even the Mach 1, which is advertised as having one (but hasn't, actually).

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
The Bullitt also has a different rear end, 3.73 as opposed to 3.5. I do not believe the Bullitt has the larger radiator. It was listed in pre-release publicity and pulled, probably by the bean counters. And of course a different tune. And the short throw shifter
Are you sure the Bullitt has a short throw shifter?
Sponsored