Built short block rpg

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Is that how long it will take to get or you are just sitting on it for now?
Motor should be here the end of the month. I just want to drive the car now. It was down for 2 months getting a Tr6060 swap along with some other things. I forgot the basics, like how to open the fuel door :cwl:, it's been so long.

Going to do an entire cooling system when the engine goes in...(trans, oil, & differential)
Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Motor should be here the end of the month. I just want to drive the car now. It was down for 2 months getting a Tr6060 swap along with some other things. I forgot the basics, like how to open the fuel door :cwl:, it's been so long.

Going to do an entire cooling system when the engine goes in...(trans, oil, & differential)
Ah gotcha. I’m sure I’ll be feeling the same way with mine. How long ago did you order the engine? I just don’t want to tie my lift up for that long LOL.

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Ah gotcha. I’m sure I’ll be feeling the same way with mine. How long ago did you order the engine? I just don’t want to tie my lift up for that long LOL.
Ordered early March. I asked them what would be the latest on getting the block done IF everything went wrong (worst case scenario). He said 10 weeks. And if anyone who build was finish, but didn't pay, I could have their block as long as it was the same one I ordered.

I got the 3.7, sleeved, opg's etc...
said it was good up to 1800rwhp

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Ordered early March. I asked them what would be the latest on getting the block done IF everything went wrong (worst case scenario). He said 10 weeks. And if anyone who build was finish, but didn't pay, I could have their block as long as it was the same one I ordered.

I got the 3.7, sleeved, opg's etc...
said it was good up to 1800rwhp
That’s not too bad at all. I’m picking up a 5.2 block tomorrow to send over to him. Did you have to pay anything up front for the build?

sounds like you are going to have one nice setup when done!

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
That’s not too bad at all. I’m picking up a 5.2 block tomorrow to send over to him. Did you have to pay anything up front for the build?

sounds like you are going to have one nice setup when done!
You have to pay at least 50% down for them to begin the build.

Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I ordered the same Gen 3 level 2 short block from RPG but got the block sleeved and o ringed for an additional $2700. They suggested that I’d be fine till 1200whp without sleeving, but being that my factory block failed at just 500 miles after Whipple install and had cylinder scoring on #8 on just 11psi running pump gas and boostane (Lund tuned), I didn’t want to take any chances.
What failed other than the scoring on #8? Any idea as to why if failed?

Mach9310

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
What failed other than the scoring on #8? Any idea as to why if failed?
Timing chain broke as well. Rods and pistons were fine. The main reason I got a mustang was to make 750-800whp on a stock engine but that didn’t happen. New goal is to start off the car in the low 800s whp (3.625” 6 rib on E85) with sleeved engine and eventually max out the 3.0L Whipple around 1100whp.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Timing chain broke as well. Rods and pistons were fine. The main reason I got a mustang was to make 750-800whp on a stock engine but that didn’t happen. New goal is to start off the car in the low 800s whp (3.625” 6 rib on E85) with sleeved engine and eventually max out the 3.0L Whipple around 1100whp.
The timing chain broke

Sponsored
OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
The gen3 comes with supports casted into the block so no need. That’s one of the reasons why the Gen3 is a stronger block
So if I get a gen 3 block coming from a Gen 2, what extra parts do I need to put it together? Will my gen2 oil pump and crank sprocket gears work? Oil pump? Etc etc. I know I'll need a gen 3 oil pan. Will the gen 2 oil cooler work? What else do I need, or what else can I use off my gen2 that will work with the gen 3?

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
So if I get a gen 3 block coming from a Gen 2, what extra parts do I need to put it together? Will my gen2 oil pump and crank sprocket gears work? Oil pump? Etc etc. I know I'll need a gen 3 oil pan. Will the gen 2 oil cooler work? What else do I need, or what else can I use off my gen2 that will work with the gen 3?
Everything will transfer over except pistons and head bolts. You don't need gen3 oil pan and can't use it if you keep gen2 pump. You'll need an appropiate head gasket for the wider bore.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Everything will transfer over except pistons and head bolts. You don't need gen3 oil pan and can't use it if you keep gen2 pump. You'll need an appropiate head gasket for the wider bore.
GT 500/350 or Gen 3 coyote head gaskets ?

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Really!!. Thats great news. I was adding up an oil pan, oil cooler, crank sprocket oil pump gears and oil pump. So all I need is head gaskets??? Good to hear
Sponsored