Build Week 2/2/15

AndreG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
My order from November still hasn't shipped with no word on what the status is. I picked up a GT Premium/PP yesterday from my local dealer. Guy ordered it 2 months ago and didn't want it anymore.
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Picked mine up last night. GT Premium. Leather was perfect. ..
Car Arrived Last night, Alignment looked good. Hubby will inspect it more Today, I will pick it up Friday. They are having my windows tinted for me...With all the Bad Luck I've had getting this here I Chose GOOD FRIDAY for the pick up Day. Blessed day !
Picked mine up tonight. Everything looked good except the hood is just a fraction off (diff sized gap across the front) but not enough to bother me. So glad the wait is finally over.
So, mine finally came in on Monday. Been so busy driving her and getting used to the manual trans (my first manual) that I'm just now back on this site. Wow! This car is amazing! Many great days ahead! :hail: ...
Woo hoo!! Congrats, guys!!

Not everyone has their car...... Showing " In Transit" with delivery date of 4/11/15. I've let this car go and ordered me a new one, but I'm still tracking it.
Yours just arrived at the last rail yard Monday, JoeStang! It’s now waiting for a truck to pick it up and deliver it.

Mine was on the hold of hell and just released to transit today. EDD 04/21
It was loaded yesterday and shipped today, olla. It’s finally on the move!

Hi guys,
So my dad had ordered a Oxford White Mustang Premium GT w/ PP & enhanced security. He used to work at a dealership so he went ahead and called the fleet manager. She then took our order and a couple of weeks went by. ...
Please PM me with the dealer’s name and order number so I can check on it, numnumm.

My order from November still hasn't shipped with no word on what the status is. I picked up a GT Premium/PP yesterday from my local dealer. Guy ordered it 2 months ago and didn't want it anymore.
Glad you were able to find something on your dealer’s lot, AndreG. Congrats and enjoy!

Deysha

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Congrats, dsp4848!

We have great taste, your pics might hold me over until my copy of your car finally gets here. :D
Dude--your still waiting? Once my car came in I quit following this thread but really the weather has been so shitty I havn't been able to drive anyway-you will be able to drive yours right away.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Dude--your still waiting? Once my car came in I quit following this thread but really the weather has been so shitty I havn't been able to drive anyway-you will be able to drive yours right away.
Yes. Yes, I am. Weather is beautiful here and has been for a couple of weeks, sure wish the car would arrive before the rain sets in early next week.

My enthusiasm is beginning to wane after being put off so many times, not to mention the three month wait as of today (some of which was due to allocation). I hope the car changes my tune.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
My enthusiasm is beginning to wane after being put off so many times, not to mention the three month wait as of today (some of which was due to allocation). I hope the car changes my tune.
That's how I felt towards the end of my wait. However, once your car arrives, you'll forget all about it and it'll be pure fun from then on. Hang in there, I definitely am glad I waited! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Chucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT
Mine not worth the wait. There is something in the paint on the center of the trunk lid and passenger door. My dealer ordered me a new car.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Mine not worth the wait. There is something in the paint on the center of the trunk lid and passenger door. My dealer ordered me a new car.
Sorry to hear about that! :( Hopefully your dealer was cooperative and understanding. The paint is bubbling or something? Bad paint job I guess?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

That really sucks. Especially after that wait. :tsk:

Looks like poor surface prep to me. Wonder how that ever got through QC, unless it took a while for it to blister.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
My convertible is supposedly on its way to my dealer. It was one of the 4,000 on hold. I vociferously complained that while Flat Rock was holding my car for two months...Ford was going to fix the 'one' problem and just shove the rest of any QC problems onto the dealers. If it shows up with anything close to this problem...I will walk out the door. I have been checking on the major car magazines. Not one has mentioned the Flat Rock situation. I wonder what perks Ford is handing out to the publishers to keep things quiet?

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Good pont. Yahoo jumped all over ONE car catching fire, but no one has mentioned the 4,000 cars held for a mystery QC hold. Although I still believe it was the brakes issue.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I just checked COTUS and it looks like my Mustang is finally on the move from Flat rock! :thumbsup:

EDD is now 4/20! only 16 days to go! If you method of transport is by rail, does the window sticker get updated to say that? My window sticker still says "CONVOY" on COTUS.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
COTUS and method of transportation?

Where does COTUS supposedly state the method of transit?
When my convertible finally went into Transit, there was no statement of mode of transport listed on COTUS. Ford Service kindly told me that my car was on a rail car. About a week later, Ford Service informed me that the car had been loaded on a truck transporter. Still no mention of mode in COTUS. In fact, my EDD has again come and gone "0 days to delivery" since yesterday. My car has been sitting in a BNSF unloading area for 8 days! The two months Flat Rock had it on "hold" was not enough...maybe they are doing another "QC" in St Paul. With all of the 'holds' my car has been through...it should have better quality than a Bentley.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Where does COTUS supposed state the method of transit?
It doesn't, unfortunately.

Hang in there brother, I got a call tonight that mine will land tomorrow at last. There's hope then that yours may also since our cars likely shared the same train.

:)

Chucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT
Better pictures of flawed paint in trunk lid.

JoeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Based on your pics Chucky, i would say it looks like more of a chemical spill on your car rather than a bad paint job. Seems there is a large spot by the window and then looks as if liquid traveled downward. Could have happened during transport, possibly if a car was above yours and had some sort of leak. That would explain why QC didn't see it. That really sucks!
Sponsored