Breaking necks/compliments

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So this morning I'm out in the parking lot detailing my new CO GT because the "dealership detail job" was no where near satisfactory. Anyways......elderly lady next door, who is very nice and have talked to her many times, comes out and says "Did you get a different one?" I said "Yeah, I decided I wanted a GT, the one with the V8". She says "Cool. I really love that color!" As many times as I have talked to her, she never once commented on my black EB.
I drove through the Taco Bell drive thru moments ago and the lady at the window says "Awesome car. Love that orange."
I have ALWAYS been a black, gray, silver car person. After some time of seeing the CO's on here, I really started liking the orange. Really glad I made the change.
Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I have worked with my current employer just shy of 4 years now. Kinda cool when the newer hires (guys) catch on about whose Ruby is sitting out there in the lot. Suddenly I go from a slightly odd coworker to cool chick :p

Happened today after a manager's cookout with a new guy who has been with us for a few months. Dude and I sat in the car for maybe 15 minutes talking about this car and mustangs in general...seems everyone has at least one family member who has owned one. :ford:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have worked with my current employer just shy of 4 years now. Kinda cool when the newer hires (guys) catch on about whose Ruby is sitting out there in the lot. Suddenly I go from a slightly odd coworker to cool chick :p

Happened today after a manager's cookout with a new guy who has been with us for a few months. Dude and I sat in the car for maybe 15 minutes talking about this car and mustangs in general...seems everyone has at least one family member who has owned one. :ford:
Mustangs always make a person cool! :D:D

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Someone either took pics or recorded my car at a red light today after work. I get a lot of comments and looks. Especially in the city. Love it.

Sponsored

XLR8EDMUSTANG

XLR8EDMUSTANG on Twitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, OW, PP, RECAROS
I was at Millers Ale house, sitting at the outside bar watching a UFC fight. A group of teens saw the car and were taking selfies with it. I hit the unlock so the puddle lights came on and they all lost it :headbang:..It was pretty awesome to see how much they liked the car.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Someone either took pics or recorded my car at a red light today after work. I get a lot of comments and looks. Especially in the city. Love it.
Try driving in a line of 2-3 dozen other S550s and see how many take their phones out :cool:

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
^^^If a woman drives a fast car, does that make her a "fast" woman? Or put another way, if a woman has a "fine" car, is she "fine"? Enquiring minds want to know?, as the tabloid asks.

Slide1010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lauren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 501a M/T Magnetic Metallic
^^^If a woman drives a fast car, does that make her a "fast" woman? Or put another way, if a woman has a "fine" car, is she "fine"? Enquiring minds want to know?, as the tabloid asks.
By that logic, I've passed quite a few "slow" men :lol:

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
both, i think

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Mustangs always make a person cool! :D:D
Maybe in a younger age. I was cool at work and home with my '90 5.0 back then. Now Im consider a person in a mid-life crisis, wasting my money or showing off my financial health. I dont sweat what they think though. Im happiest behind that wheel whatever time of the day it might be.

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
Maybe in a younger age. I was cool at work and home with my '90 5.0 back then. Now Im consider a person in a mid-life crisis, wasting my money or showing off my financial health. I dont sweat what they think though. Im happiest behind that wheel whatever time of the day it might be.
Folks just need to understand there is a difference between a midlife crisis, and those of us who will just never stop having fun.

When someone seems surprised that I'm still playing with sports cars, snowboarding, or something along those lines I just reply "yeah, Im only married, I'm not dead yet." Many folks seem to think married/kids/age means you basically have to give up. It definitely takes a bit more effort to maintain a fun life after the teens/20's but it's worth it.

I took out the pristine freshly washed black gt yesterday and enjoyed breaking necks everywhere, still rocking dealer plates over a year later :p I definitely have to be in the mood to be seen if I want to drive this thing after a fresh wash, the attention can be a bit much. I guess the 5.0 badges stand out well on the black.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
put my car in the Houston Ride n Shine show like I do every month. Had a couple people come by that I talked to for a good amount of time that were interested in buying one. Last weekends HPDE at MSR Houston with The Drivers Edge, had a guy that was interested asking me everything about a car. Stang was at the top of his list