SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Got more compliments on the color and exhaust today, especially with the lope tune. People either love or hate how loud the car is! Haha
Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
went on another joy ride with one of my co-workers during break today. Why is it only the ladies at my work that wants to drive my car? I've offered it up to some of my male co-workers and they've all refused. It's fun to watch the smile on the ladies when they give it some gas on the on-ramp.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
went on another joy ride with one of my co-workers during break today. Why is it only the ladies at my work that wants to drive my car? I've offered it up to some of my male co-workers and they've all refused. It's fun to watch the smile on the ladies when they give it some gas on the on-ramp.
Weird maybe they are she-males. :lol:

Pony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
That's great

Sponsored

Buzzard Bait

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Today I had this WTF moment..
That would have been a perfect "train horn" opportunity. Cameras would have been flying everywhere. :D

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I just left Grismer Tire from getting my tires balanced, rotated, and an alignment done. As I was paying, the tech asked me what kind of exhaust I had. I told him it was MAPerformance resonated version. He says "wow man, it sounds awesome. I had to double check the paperwork because it sounds like a V8." The manager then says "it does sound really tough for a 4 cylinder. If you went by me on the street I wouldn't have thought that was an Ecoboost Mustang." I ain't making this shit up. I told them both thank you very much for the compliments, that means a lot since I just had the catback put on Saturday night. Now, I'm not saying it sounds anything like a GT at all, no comparison. But it does sound fckn good! :headbang:
Do you get any/much turbo whine? I used to like the sound in my old T-Bird Turbo Coupe. Wonder if it does have the whine, if it compliments the exhaust sound or detracts from it?

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
I live in a little hick town with 9 traffic lights where the townsfolk have a collective IQ akin to that of mayonnaise. I've been glared at a few times because I think the villagers are upset that my car makes their property values go up.

But no, I've been pretty much ignored since bringing the car home. The people who know me are blown away, mostly by the fact that it's new and a Ford as that's completely out of character for me. But at the same time, they also figure it's something damn impressive if it's caught me enough to buy one.

I have yet to fuel up locally. I always get comments about whatever I'm driving when sitting at a gas pump.

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I got stuck behind a school bus today in my neighborhood as all the kids were unloading. The looks and screams I got were so amusing. One kid dropped his jaw and stood staring for a good 3 minutes. Another kid screamed "Oh My God!" over and over again as he pointed and jumped up and down at me. Two other kids came up to the driver's side with big thumbs up. Yet another kid took his backpack and threw it to the ground as he put his hands on his hips and shook his head from side to side while staring me down. My wife was with me and she couldn't believe all the reactions at first. She's like "What is wrong with these kids?" And I said, "It's not the kids, it's the car."
Seems to be most of this thread is GT/EB compliments. Nice to hear of another V6 story.

As for me, I was in the drive-thru at McDonalds with the late-night munchies after the drive home from work. After paying, the clerk says "You have a good nigh...",
Mid sentence, he notices the car, does a double-take, then says "Nevermind, I guess you're already having a good night", with a big smile on his face. I think he radio'd his buddy too... got a big thumbs up at the next window along with my food.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my 2016 Mustang Ecoboost in ruby red for about 3 months now, still get compliments almost everyday. I live in a retirement type town by the beach, not too many new Mustangs around here at all.

Latest: I went to the home depot today to get some plants and when I came back out to get in the car a guy come over and said it wanted to look at the car, asked me everything about it, said he liked it better than the new camaros.

Before that a guy pulled up along side of me at the light in a light blue convertible stang, asked me what color my car was and said he liked it.

Terry :thumbsup:

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Sitting in a left turn lane at a red light on the way home yesterday. Yard crew truck pulls up with the driver hanging out the window yelling "Oh man, damned nice ride" and then went into an excited ebonics statement that I could not have understood if I had a rewind button. I think he liked it.....

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
I had to run out for an errand yesterday afternoon and road crews were putting the final layer of blacktop down in our neighborhood. Got a big smile and thumbs up from one of the guys as I went by him. Then, I was driving through downtown and passed a line crew working on a power pole and had all four or five of them stop and stare at the car as I drove by.

Last Sunday at the packed Home Depot parking lot, got tons of stares from everybody. Same thing at Target. Same thing at restaurants. And so on and so on. It doesn't matter where or who. Everybody loves a Mustang!

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I was at the local convenience store picking up some ice cream, and while I stood there waiting, some older woman(mid-70's? maybe) comes in talking about the Mustang outside. Asking whose it is, etc...looking around wildly. I'm usually pretty quiet and reserved, so I just stood there, didn't say anything. She finally noticed me and decided it must've been mine after asking almost everyone in the store.

"Is that your Mustang?"

-nods, "yeah, just got it"

"It's so nice, it makes me feel squishy down below"

I was so shocked by this, I just said "thanks"

And after she left, I turned to the teenager scooping my ice cream, that overheard the whole thing and said with no expression:

"I got it for the ladies"

He almost died laughing.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Washed and waxed my car last weekend, so have been getting a ton of looks, thumbs up and "nice car" comments from adults and kids alike, but today has to take the cake.

I was in the line for Dutch Bros, a regional coffee stand (that is excellent, by the way) and there was a mom with her two daughters, one looked about 4 and the other was in Mom's arms, and looked about 18 months. The 4 year old was staring at my car as they walked by me in line and continued while they were waiting to order. It was mid to high 50's out and there is no rain in the forecast, so I though I would lower the top while waiting in line. The little girl was staring with her mouth open, and I heard her tell her Mom that she thought I just took the top off of my car and put it in the back seat!!!

As I pulled up to be the next one to the window, the little girl asked her Mom if she could walk a little closer to look at my car. So I put the parking brake on, made sure it was in neutral, opened the door, got out and asked them if she would like to sit in the driver's seat. The mom looked shocked and said "really", girl said "yes yes!". She sat there until I had to pull forward, the mom took a few pictures and said "early birthday present!!!". Turns out she is turning 4 next week (one day before my 8yo turns 9!). They thanked me and asked for a rev, which I of course obliged. Future [MENTION=13352]klumpikat[/MENTION] or [MENTION=11082]TheDivaDanielle[/MENTION] right there! Feels nice to make someone's day!
Sponsored