Sponsored

Unsolicited Compliments

TheTeacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
This is my 3rd mustang in 6 years and now that I'm in an S550 I keep getting unsolicited compliments. I don't eat out at drive through places much, but in the last 6 trips 4 times the person told him how awesome my car looked.

Its like "That will be $8.99... holy crap what a cool car"

Also, this is the first mustang where I didn't feel I needed to mod every aspect of it. I even like the chrome pony emblem on the front, because my car is black... .I hate it on every other stang and every other color.
Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
There's a whole discussion already going on about this in this same section, but you're right..it's abnormal. Cant tell you how many people have told me they didn't like ford or mustangs, but they love the new ones. Even on the Camaro 6 forums they say it a lot.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
This is my 3rd mustang in 6 years and now that I'm in an S550 I keep getting unsolicited compliments. I don't eat out at drive through places much, but in the last 6 trips 4 times the person told him how awesome my car looked.

Its like "That will be $8.99... holy crap what a cool car"

Also, this is the first mustang where I didn't feel I needed to mod every aspect of it. I even like the chrome pony emblem on the front, because my car is black... .I hate it on every other stang and every other color.
Same here. I've had more compliments on this car in three months than I did on my 2013 BMW 335i M Sport in 3 years and it was pretty flashy.....Estoril Blue.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I don't eat out often but I definitely get a lot of compliments at drive through windows haha

Sponsored

Nbaudoin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium White - Black Accent
I was getting gas yesterday and this cop comes up to me, and I thought I did something wrong. He said, "Thats a fine car, stay safe." then just walked away xD

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Nobody pays any attention to my Lightning which to me is the ride I am most proud of. I usually get the what the heck is that look. Like why would you make a F150 look like that. My 2016 GT gets all sorts of attention. I had to remember how to return a compliment.

Last edited:

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Its practically at every drive thru I've gone too.

BoostedRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB Premium
I have found that people in drive thru Windows do seem to give compliments a lot. Kids also like to come and see the car and say how cool it looks

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody pays any attention to my Lightning which to me is the ride I am most proud of. I usually get the what the heck is that look. Like why would you make a F150 look like that. My 2106 GT gets all sorts of attention. I had to remember how to return a compliment.
JJEEEEEZZ 2106? Show me the ways of time travel please! :D ;)

Sponsored

ZuluEcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, Race Red and Silver Stripe
Oddly enough, I don't get any compliments, other than from friends and family (which is what counts, anyways, and they all love it, even people who have cars that cost three times more than mine). Perhaps these things are becoming too common.. I was sitting at an outside cafe in Santa Barbara, CA, yesterday, and in a period of 15 minuters I saw three S550s, all convertibles, just drive by...

It must have been pretty cool when the first ones hit the streets last year.

Still, everytime I look at mine I smile.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Its practically at every drive thru I've gone too.
I don't eat out often but I definitely get a lot of compliments at drive through windows haha
I have found that people in drive thru Windows do seem to give compliments a lot. Kids also like to come and see the car and say how cool it looks
Just two days ago lol:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]K4QnNwX4Ahs[/MEDIA]"]

But yeah, it's very often. Had a guy speed through my apartment complex just to catch up with me and compliment me today on it.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
We went out for dinner this evening and a girl walked up to me and told she was gonna steal my car when I went inside.:doh:

I guess that was a compliment, in her way.:shrug: I still have my car anyway:thumbsup:

But, I find, drive thru's are big for compliments as well....:D

And I have had the car less than a week... :)

Last edited:

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
Occasionally I pick my daughter up from High School. All of the guys waiting to be picked up are usually staring. If not, a little rev from the Magnaflow Comps gets them to immediately ignore their phones.

Compliments get thrown my way as we drive off.

I think a lot of the compliments come because of the new body style. I bet in 2018 the person who buys a Mustang will get nowhere the compliments we do now. Saturation will have occurred.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
Occasionally I pick my daughter up from High School. All of the guys waiting to be picked up are usually staring. If not, a little rev from the Magnaflow Comps gets them to immediately ignore their phones.

Compliments get thrown my way as we drive off.

I think a lot of the compliments come because of the new body style. I bet in 2018 the person who buys a Mustang will get nowhere the compliments we do now. Saturation will have occurred.
That's so funny, I do the same thing. Ill pick my son up after football and 30 guys are sitting there waiting looking at it when I pull up :)
Sponsored