Sponsored

Borla 60661 Resonator 18+ Mustangs

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I'm trying to tone down my exhaust volume some without adding cats. I've got longtubes now and the MBRP street stainless catback. I'm looking at the Borla 60661 resonator and for feedback/pictures/videos/whatever from anyone who has one / has added one to their GT. I have an 18 but anyone that's done it - chime in. I'm really curious - this is likely my only real option other than adding in aftermarket cats which I think are just asking for a melt down with 800+ whp already.

Borla did good videos on their systems but none of the resonator being added in they talk about. I also had a borla touring system on my first 15 GT and loved it.
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
There is only one company making High Flow Race cats that actually work and won’t melt or unwind.
HJS is the real deal and cost real money. Most choke at the price point and decide to poison the air.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Interesting. I'm on their site now - I hadn't heard of them previously. Their cats are 200cpsi - I wonder what fords stock ones are / aftermarket ones are. Could also be an option

Sponsored

ckendri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes. Do this. I just got my Borla resonator put behind my catless Kooks today. I hate loud and I hate rasp. It’s not all gone at WOT, but it sounds pretty good. I’m a 2016 VMP on E85. Inside the cabin is fine with no drone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I got a borla resonator and was mocking it up under my car with pypes catless headers. On an 18 the body of the Borla resonator is so wide it looks like it will make contact with the car body heat shielding underneath or possibly the parking brake bracket that's between it and the driveshaft in that same tunnel area. I'd hate to chop an MBRP h pipe to only have contact and noise transferred into the body.

Anyone got pics of how theirs went - or if not - have you had any contact noise from yours installed?

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Borla 60661 - I'm wondering if just lowering the header midpipes a smidge - if I can - will resolve the issue.

Exactly what Borla resonator did you purchase ?
46E8D27F-05B0-4381-8C04-5857CF64E89D.jpeg
28997092-8BB2-4173-89CF-BD143B8EB0CC.jpeg

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
So you want to run two H-pipes ?
The MBRP and the internal Borla crossover H

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
No - I will have to cut out the h-pipe section of the exhaust to accommodate the Borla taking it's place. It also happens to be an h-pipe though, in case I wasn't clear what I was trying to accomplish earlier in the post.
Sponsored