MrOldschool45

MrOldschool45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
Hey everyone. I'm thinking about using this resonator, but I can't find any information on it, other than it's 3" in/out.
Does anyone, by chance, know what the LxWxH dimensions are, and how far apart the pipes are from each other? Is this resonator a resonated H-pipe or just a resonator?

I'm thinking of using this on my 2017 with headers and Corsa Sport. I'd like to lower my current volume and change the tone a bit. I'm running a Stage 2 Whipple and I'm about to take my cats off.
I haven't decided whether I'm going to replace my Corsa x-pipe or just mod my next catback.
I emailed Borla, but it may be a day or two before I get a response, so I thought I'd post.

Thanks for any help everyone,
Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
The 60661 is not 3 in/ 3 out. The inlet matches to the OEM flow tubes after the secondary cats and necks down to 2-1/4" to match these. The outlets are 3" but are closer together and likely only fit the borla catback. It is also only 2-1/2" internally. It would be considered a "resonated H"

OP
OP

MrOldschool45

MrOldschool45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
The 60661 is not 3 in/ 3 out. The inlet matches to the OEM flow tubes after the secondary cats and necks down to 2-1/4" to match these. The outlets are 3" but are closer together and likely only fit the borla catback. It is also only 2-1/2" internally. It would be considered a "resonated H"
Thank You for that information, that's great. I appreciate your help.

Take care

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
This item could be welded to fit a stock active exhaust cat-back?

What is the internal diameter of the stock resonator mid-pipe?

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
This item could be welded to fit a stock active exhaust cat-back?

What is the internal diameter of the stock resonator mid-pipe?
Yes, and 2-1/2" internally.

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, Recaro Seats, 401A
I added the Borla resonator and have been very happy with my selection. I have the Ford Racing GT350 Sport Exhaust with BBK long tube headers, without the cats. The Ford Racing X-Pipe was very loud and very raspy which kept getting me unwanted attention from the authorities. Once I added the Borla resonator, the raspiness went away and I was left with a nice low rumble and a lot of compliments. I believe the Ford set-up is made by or in conjunction with Borla, so everything matched up perfectly for me. An H-Pipe and some bottle type resonators might be another option.
Sponsored