2018 Mustang GT Borla S-Type with 60661 Resonator

Discussion in 'V8 5.0L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by gqneon, Feb 22, 2019.

1. gqneon

gqneon Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    18 GT PP / Manual
    Useless
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I swapped my 2018 GT to a Borla catback (stainless S-type since they don't offer a touring level) and I also added in their 60661 optional resonator. I couldn't find any videos of this exhaust on an 18 with the resonator so I'm posting a cold and warm start here. Not a ton of revs in either video - I have neighbors with little ones, but it sound really good. With off-road headers finding a less than "raped ape" screaming exhaust combo was tough - but this one is really good and is extremely well built. I hope this helps anyone doing some exhaust shopping!

40* weather - first is a true cold start. The second video is after I let it warm up and started it again.

I'm also selling my MBRP exhaust that's 2 months old with only 300 miles on it here - as I'm going to stay with the Borla setup!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mbrp-pro-series-stainless-street-3-catback-2018-gt.117624/

2. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
    0   0   0
    You have the Touring cat-back setup now?
    For the 15-17' S-Type cat-back, you can replace the x-pipe with resonator which is identical to Touring. Not sure if 18-19s are the same.
    Anyways sounds really good!

I also have S-Type and just ordered the Resonator. Cant wait to try it out. The 45deg cold starts are pretty loud.

3. OP
    OP
    gqneon

gqneon Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    18 GT PP / Manual
    Useless
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    #3 gqneon, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Thanks! As far as I can tell anyway they don't make a "touring" for 18+ - I think the mufflers are different in the s-type than touring as well as the added resonator. I'm definitely happy with it. It was this combo or the Ford Performance touring but that's not as nice a piece in finish quality as the Borla.

4. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
    0   0   0
    FRP exhausts are made by Borla :)

5. OP
    OP
    gqneon

gqneon Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    18 GT PP / Manual
    Useless
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I know, but finish and appearance and pipe size and muffler design are all different. I loved my FRPP on my first GT PP car!

6. Sh4d0wBl4ck

Sh4d0wBl4ck New Member

First Name:
    Dale
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
    0   0   0

You said you have off road headers too? Do your mid pipes neck down or does this resonator have 3" inlet/ outlets?

7. OP
    OP
    gqneon

gqneon Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    18 GT PP / Manual
    Useless
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I have the stock connection catless midpipes (necked down to stock resonator diameter - which mates directly to stock or Borla inlet's on the resonator) - the inlets on the Borla resonator are matched to what the stock size was - I just sold the car to a forum member from WY and he called me driving it home just now and all I could hear was him get on it with that exhaust and blower wine!