Sponsored

Borla resonator

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Are the FRPP and Borla resonator assemblies the same dimensions? If the length is the same, it could be an option for people who don't like how quiet the Borla resonator is.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Are the FRPP and Borla resonator assemblies the same dimensions? If the length is the same, it could be an option for people who don't like how quiet the Borla resonator is.
Yes I wonder if that would've been a good option for me when I was going back and forth. Had I known, I'd have tried the FP.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I am positive they are the same overall size and length. The only differences would be in the inlet/outlet sizes of the piping. The FRP resonator is 2.25 in / 2.5 out. The Borla comes with 3 different options, including 3 inch out.

Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I was hung up between Vibrants and the Tru X. Now the Ford Performance by Borla looks appealing. Decisions decisions. Cat deletes, H pipe, and Active exhaust currently. I don't mind the decibels I just don't care for the "popping"

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I got the FRP from Levittown Ford Parts for 266 shipped. It took a week though because they had to special order it from FRP. I think CJ Pony Parts has 2 in stock though but they charge state sales tax so it jacks the price up a bit and the promo codes don’t work on this part.

Another good thing is the FRP resonator only weighs 4 more lbs. than the X-Pipe. It makes my catless longtube setup totally livable and I have no drone either. It’s almost weird when I hammer down and you can hear the exhaust is screaming out the back of the car but it remains quiet in the car. The sound canceling just works.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well crap, I guess I’m committed now. I have the 2.5 inch s-type system and I am looking for that Goldilocks zone between the x pipe and the Borla resonator. I was ready to go the vibrant route but I didn’t want to make any cuts, especially since if it was too loud still with the vibrants and the x pipe, it would be even quieter with the vibrants and the Borla resonator.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well crap, I guess I’m committed now. I have the 2.5 inch s-type system and I am looking for that Goldilocks zone between the x pipe and the Borla resonator. I was ready to go the vibrant route but I didn’t want to make any cuts, especially since if it was too loud still with the vibrants and the x pipe, it would be even quieter with the vibrants and the Borla resonator.
I'd totally try this if I wasn't already smitten with my setup.

Sponsored

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia

Quick video with the sound of the Borla resonator 60561

That is the one that has internal packing, it muffles the exhaust a lot.

If you want muffled sound use the Borla with packing inside, its like a center muffler basically.

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
So, I know they say that this is for Borla Exhausts only but in the real world, would this work on the stock exhaust on a 2019? Reason I'm asking is I want to maintain my Active Exhaust.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything is possible with a welder. What are you trying to gain by removing the stock resonator and replacing it with the Borla one?

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
Anything is possible with a welder. What are you trying to gain by removing the stock resonator and replacing it with the Borla one?
So, I installed an X Pipe. Now going to Catless Long Tubes and want to tone it down.
Sponsored