Sponsored

Black 2020 GT500 Mustang with Colored Emblem Spotted Testing in Dearborn

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
I like the GT350 track pack spoiler.. the gaudy wing on the full track pack is too over the top for me... belongs on a honda civic...
How DARE they produce a component that's purely for performance on this halo Mustang that doesn't conform to my strictly aesthetic desires! Aerodynamics be damned!
Sponsored

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I know this isn't the first time we've seen it but the reoccurring roll cage is interesting.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
How DARE they produce a component that's purely for performance on this halo Mustang that doesn't conform to my strictly aesthetic desires! Aerodynamics be damned!
lol yeah that big wing is actually effective on a real race track, and it's on a car with enough power to take advantage of it.

Sponsored

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It looks fantastic in black. Or, is it a dark dark green? Maybe a test mule cobbled together?

It's by far the best looking one IMO.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I like the GT350 track pack spoiler.. the gaudy wing on the full track pack is too over the top for me... belongs on a honda civic...
I am still having issues with the front end though and the elongated air intakes.. reminds me of either a snow plow or one of those cartoon characters where their jaw drops to the floor...
The blacked out bumper made the front end wonky as well.. but looks great with the black color and the GT500 badge.... I still think the designs are being influenced by the "younger generation" at Ford...look at the 2018 GT refresh... "darth vader"... give me a break.....:facepalm:
it's growing on me... :fingerscrossed:
The big wing is for track work unlike most poser Civics, but yeah not my cup of tea for just tooling around the streets. I'm sure it's wind tunnel tested. Thing is, knowing it's functional does give it cred, to me. Just isn't balanced looking. I love the GT350 style wing on this body style, so much so that I installed one.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Best pictures yet. True to look. None of that shadow, lights or filters like the THOTs on social media. I waiting for these real pictures and I'm pretty sold on the looks. Looks closer to GT350 in these pictures. Now, the decision to buy first year with all issues/bugs there might be. Of course paint/gaps won't magically go away in new model. May consider 2nd year run. Ready for some #'s.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The rest of the shots I have of the mule(s) from when they were loaded up to leave Las Vegas.

___x20190201_150840-L.jpg

__x20190201_150821-X3.jpg

__x20190201_150824-X3.jpg

___x-L.jpg

__x20190201_150606-X3.jpg

I know this isn't the first time we've seen it but the reoccurring roll cage is interesting.
What is so utterly ironic is that the Watson 4pt bars were installed for liability to cover and protect Ford and its employees in case of injury while driving or testing (in Arizona, VIR, etc) yet the very reason Ford won't install similar bars in the production version is due to liability in case of injury. Makes no sense yet it somehow makes perfect sense - from a legal perspective anyway.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The rest of the shots I have of the mule(s) from when they were loaded up to leave Las Vegas.

___x20190201_150840-L.jpg
C'mon, anyone who says that the 18 front end is meaner/more aggressive is off their rocker. Look at that thing.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Derp, real aero is "rice", derp. I don't want things to perform well and will probably order a track pack car, take the wing off of it so it looks cooler at car shows, but smart people will realize the idiotic thing I did, ruining the balance and performance of the car. Derp.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I agree with the poster who speculates that the GT500 may have a devise to lower or raise the front end of the GT500. The front spoiler looks way too close to the ground for most parking lots. I would like to see Ford have the perspective buyer sign a waiver for personal injury to permit the buying of a GT500 with the roll bar shown in the above pictures.
Sponsored