Black 2020 GT500 Mustang with Colored Emblem Spotted Testing in Dearborn

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I agree with the poster who speculates that the GT500 may have a devise to lower or raise the front end of the GT500. The front spoiler looks way too close to the ground for most parking lots. I would like to see Ford have the perspective buyer sign a waiver for personal injury to permit the buying of a GT500 with the roll bar shown in the above pictures.
I don’t think that’s possible. The magneride shocks aren’t like airbags which can go higher or lower.
Sponsored

NicoB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicolas
Vehicle(s)
A few cool Hot Wheels and a shifter-cart
I know this isn't the first time we've seen it but the reoccurring roll cage is interesting.
They can't put a roll cage in the production car. It's against regulations to have any surface that hard inside the car because someone could supposedly hit their head on it in an accident. It's likely just in there for when they prototypes go to the track.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
They can't put a roll cage in the production car. It's against regulations to have any surface that hard inside the car because someone could supposedly hit their head on it in an accident.
What about the M4 GTS? Factory roll cage.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
What about the M4 GTS? Factory roll cage.
Good point, not sure how they get away with it because you can’t get the gt3rs with roll cage. And the ZR1 said they couldn’t do it due to us regulations. It may have something to do with how many units you build and sell in the US?

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
upload_2019-2-7_9-31-23.png

Just one little bit of info I found.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The rest of the shots I have of the mule(s) from when they were loaded up to leave Las Vegas.

___x20190201_150840-L.jpg

__x20190201_150821-X3.jpg

__x20190201_150824-X3.jpg

___x-L.jpg

__x20190201_150606-X3.jpg

What is so utterly ironic is that the Watson 4pt bars were installed for liability to cover and protect Ford and its employees in case of injury while driving or testing (in Arizona, VIR, etc) yet the very reason Ford won't install similar bars in the production version is due to liability in case of injury. Makes no sense yet it somehow makes perfect sense - from a legal perspective anyway.
That front shot is HOT!!!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
I suspect (s)he's taking the pictures.
Could be, based on the first line in the first post I thought that these were 'spy pics' from a Mustang6G photographer. Makes more sense that the driver was taking pics since it's parked so far from the curb and in front of a fire hydrant!

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
What's up with the separate parking brake on the rear axle? Just a design mule configuration?

Agreed with others that this car must be on some sort of Ford Performance spring setup as that thing is tucking tire into the fenderwell.

Also not a fan of how the new larger exhaust tips hang below the bumper in this shot. I prefer the GT350 style integrated tips to this.

2020-shelby-gt500-mustang-black-glow-bumper-12-jpg.jpg

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
What's up with the separate parking brake on the rear axle? Just a design mule configuration?

Agreed with others that this car must be on some sort of Ford Performance spring setup as that thing is tucking tire into the fenderwell.

Also not a fan of how the new larger exhaust tips hang below the bumper in this shot. I prefer the GT350 style integrated tips to this.

2020-shelby-gt500-mustang-black-glow-bumper-12-jpg.jpg
I wouldn't pick over the details since this car is a likely mule. Not sure if even a pre-production model exists yet.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Separate parking brake has been known and shown for well over a year now. Simplifies the rear caliper configuration and allows for much easier service as much as you now have two calipers to remove to access the rotors, axles, etc. All win.

The rear tip configuration as well as the surrounding rear fascia are all about managing heat. They do hang a hair low, if you are down on your hands and knees to even notice it from a level sight-line. What you see on this mule isn't unlike what Ford looks to be showing for production.

Shelby%20Mustang%20GT500%202019%20%2810%29.jpg

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Separate parking brake is not that uncommon on huge brakes in the rear, esp with E-parking brake. I think this is/will be the production setup. I love 5" tips from the rear, but a low side shot I also do NOT like seeing the abrupt cutoff and looks 'added' on. I know there just tacked onto the back but the transition should have been done better. The side shot looks like you added tips from autozone. I noticed this in another pick so i am afraid that may be what we get.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
C'mon, anyone who says that the 18 front end is meaner/more aggressive is off their rocker. Look at that thing.
Well, consider me off my rocker, but I'm still not sold on the look. The bumper bar, even when colored the same as the base color, just has too abrupt of a cutoff and makes the front look off... along with the "vents" beside the headlights that appear to have very little purpose other than to look out of place. and I also agree with the guys on here about the exhaust tips... not a huge deal, but still not something I'd want to see on my $80k+ mustang. I'm still on the side that this is a MUCH more aggressive looking front end
marc mustang.PNG

Anyone else notice the gauge cluster in this pic? I mean, I know its not the production version because it seems the production car will be digital dash only, but it appears that the speedometer reads "60, 80, 100, 130, 160". Those are some interesting increments... wonder what other variant those could be used in...

And finally, for all you complaining about the track pack wing... If you don't want it, I'll gladly buy a GT350 TP spoiler and trade you for it!
Sponsored