Beware of Lund

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The way they treated @beefcake, who was making them a ton of money, says it all.
Sponsored

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
They won’t defend themselves here. They’ll send their mouthpiece to YouTube to bitch about how bad of customer you are and you don’t know 💩 about tuning.

đź–• Lund
I might not know about tuning but I've had my logs checked by those that do. When I mentioned this to
'Lund Calibrator' he told me to get them to tune it then.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I might not know about tuning but I've had my logs checked by those that do. When I mentioned this to
'Lund Calibrator' he told me to get them to tune it then.
Of course they did, they already have your money and can’t be bothered to help you.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
They won’t defend themselves here. They’ll send their mouthpiece to YouTube to bitch about how bad of customer you are and you don’t know 💩 about tuning.

đź–• Lund
Well I hope I get to comment because it's all true.
Of course they did, they already have your money and can’t be bothered to help you.
Well he did try but some of the revisions seemed like they were for a different car than mine.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Well I hope I get to comment because it's all true.
Well he did try but some of the revisions seemed like they were for a different car than mine.
I suppose that's better than when they say they send customer's the same exact revision with a different name to hush em up.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just wanted to update my issues with tuning Whipple Gen 3 2017 6R80 Car.
As said earlier I had an idle misfire, some pedal hesitation, odd bucking on shifting in Sport mode. Also some extended cold start issues. Also was getting revisions that seemed to be for a totally different car. One revision locked my Trans in first Sport mode. Which I had to prove by putting in an old tune. Of course no apology not a peep from 'Lund Calibrator' who wouldn't ever tell me their name.
'Lund Calibrator said "don't use Paddles for shifting" only 5 percent of our customers use the paddles. Huh? Also said it couldn't be the Lund Racing tune. Lunds tunes are tried and true. I spent thousands of dollars jumping thru Lunds hoops during the 8 months of endless emails, revisions and stress.
Well I went and got a new tune. A base Whipple tune modified for fuel system, injectors etc.
From a shop up here in Canada.
Was hard to find anyone on the west coast to tune it cause of the Whipple I guess.
Anyhow this shop Post Haste Performance tuned it.
I no longer have any idle misfires, pedal lag, hiccups under load or bucking when using the paddles in my 6R80.
Drivability is substantially better than Lunds tune. Also gained 16 RWHP 6 RWTQ.
So all those months where Lund blamed my car and at the end started personal shit aimed at me saying I shouldn't use the Paddles and that I didn't know how to drive a blown Coyote is all BULLSHIT!!
My car runs fantastic now without any issues AT ALL!!
So take from this what you will. It's just my personal experience with Lund Racing.I haven't done any logging on this new tune but considering what I've been living with for close to a year I haven't found a reason to yet.

20240407_165541.jpg

Last edited:

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
And the funny part is all the people that keep pushing out lund's name when someone asks for a tuning recommendation, have never used them or not used them for several years.

The lund calibrators are a complete and utter JOKE. This thread should be pinned. Enjoy paying for the world's most expensive canned tune.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
And the funny part is all the people that keep pushing out lund's name when someone asks for a tuning recommendation, have never used them or not used them for several years.

The lund calibrators are a complete and utter JOKE. This thread should be pinned. Enjoy paying for the world's most expensive canned tune.
Yup and heaven forbid if that tried and true cookie cutter tune isn't on point after a couple revisions. Them comes the blame game. It's YOUR CAR they say. I was glad to find this thread because at first I believed them unfortunately. After all that time and money I found this thread and went Oh Shit!!
You're absolutely right this should be pinned for future suckers that fall into the PR.

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Is the tuning scene so free of competition that tuning companies can be, from what people have been posting about these guys, outright rude and at times hostile to their own customers?

1712546793114-jq.png

I guess that's not too dissimilar from other car forums i've seen, it's usually one or two big names/players but what isn't usual is some of the stuff i've seen from these guys like the d-bag who posts youtube videos ridiculing people who ask questions. I'm not in the market but all the horror stories definitely damps whatever little enthusiasm i had for tuning my car.

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
I purchased a Lund nGauge back when my car was naturally aspirated, and then purchased custom tunes and support when we added the Whipple. They did a 91 octane tune, a race gas tune and fuel drain tune. First time at the track it was obvious something wasn't right as the car would fall on it's face on the 1-2 shift; after reviewing the datalog it was pretty apparent that's because it was flaring to 8,200rpms and taking a really long time to actually shift. This was at an event in Vegas so I immediately told them what was going on and they sent me revised tune the next morning - Great turnaround, but that was the last positive in all of this. That new tune did nothing different...

After the event I sent them more logs and told them it was still a problem. At that point they told me my 6R80 was bad and was slipping. The car had 26k miles on it and we were sure the transmission was good, but they wouldn't budge. I ended up buying a new 6R80 from PBH to the tune of $6k+ and guess what? It shifted EXACTLY the same. Lund's response? Yep, you guessed it - They told me the PBH transmission was bad as well.

After a lot of back and forth they finally started modifying the tune to change the shift points, referring to that as a 'hack tune'. I'm guessing they use that terminology anytime they can't just sell a 'canned tune', despite the fact they advertise custom tuning. Their first attempt had the 1-2 shift happening at 5,000rpms, and the 2-3 and 3-4 too low as well. Now we're on rev 11 (yeah, crazy right since these guys are supposed to be professional tuners) and it still isn't right. The 1-2 shift is actually dead on, but the 2-3 and 3-4 are about 500-800 rpms too low.

I sent them the datalog on Thursday and their response was that they wouldn't continue to help me unless I paid for more tuning support. I understand this has been a lengthy process, but I can't get the car out that often, and I've changed nothing on the car, so it's not like they're trying to hit a moving target. For a professional tuner, I find it absurd that even after 11 revisions they can't get it right and are trying to squeeze more money out of me; if they hadn't of insisted my 6R80 was bad and cost me all that money it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but their incompetence and unwillingness to admit their shortcomings cost me a bunch of money, and that's 100% on them.

At this point I'm done with them and told them as much, and not surprising me whatsoever they didn't even bother to reply to the email. So with all of that said, this is an honest review of a company that many people either purchase from, or are considering purchasing from. Be warned, they will screw you too given the opportunity!!!

So, I would love to hear any recommendations others have for tuning. I'm not going to bother changing out the 91 octane tune or fuel drain as they work well enough and I already paid for that and the nGauge. I just need a 108 octane tune that works properly, and don't care if it costs me a lot more than I'd have to pay Lund - They will never get another dollar from me, and I will continue to spread the work on their horrible Customer Service and lack of tuning ability.
I have been hearing this more and more about Lund, I personally will be staying away from them with all the negative reviews and horror stories lately. It seems like Wengard is the new sheriff in town.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I don’t have one of Lund’s tunes, but after I saw just a few minutes of a YouTube vid with Alex I only had one question. What kind of a company would allow an employee to make a video like that?

I would never consider doing business with a company that employs such rude and obnoxious a-holes as this Alex. In fact, I would not tolerate someone like him for even a few minutes. I had an appointment yesterday with a company to give me a quote on painting my house. No show, no call or text. The only explanation that I would even consider would be a dire family emergency. Barring that, guess who doesn’t even have a snowball’s chance in hell of getting the job? Should this man show up at a later date and act like this Alex I will put him off of my property.

Alex is detrimental to the success of the company and my bet is on Lund becoming a business statistic of zero importance.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Yeah dude i saw the stuff beefcake posted and was like I'm out! Went with Wengerd and my tune couldn't be any better for what i want it to do!
Sponsored