Sponsored

Beware of Lund

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Thanks for sharing @Daryl333 I just think the info might help others from chasing problems if they run into the same thing and the car gets blamed.
Sponsored

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had an excellent N/A VMP Tune a while back and a FI tune update is $99.99. And after spending so much money jumping thru Lunds hoops a hundred bucks is nothing. So for that price I don't have much to lose by giving them a try.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks for sharing @Daryl333 I just think the info might help others from chasing problems if they run into the same thing and the car gets blamed.
Yes hopefully. I spent a lot of money chasing ghosts and after those emails today I'm done. I wish I would have done more research into their tuning.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The more times I hear this same story about Lund I just shake my head at why anyone would trust those jokers. And their biggest spokesperson is all over YouTube showing his ass on a regular basis bashing customers.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Anyway I wouldn't let Lund tune my lawnmower.
If I’m tuning my lawnmower, I’m calling Tim the Tool Man Taylor 😂

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
In fairness, I think they're very competent tuners. They're great, until they're not. Most of their customers are happy. But if you're one of the unlucky few, just know what you're getting into.

The biggest issue for me is that they're not very "custom." Imagine trying to get a consultation from a physician but they refuse to speak with you in person or even on the phone. All your exchanges have to be through email. No thanks. Imagine trying to diagnose and describe and discuss complex mechanical issues but limited to emails. No thank you.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
In fairness, I think they're very competent tuners. They're great, until they're not. Most of their customers are happy. But if you're one of the unlucky few, just know what you're getting into.
I make custom tunes and I see why basically all big tuners don’t. It’s extremely time consuming to make a true custom tune. Most customers aren’t willing to spend $5k+ and work through hundreds of revisions and logs. Basically all the tuners have cookie-cutter/canned files that work for most combos. They sell them cheap because they don’t have to spend much time on them. The moment someone needs something actually custom or a problem diagnosed, they’re losing money. This is why big shops typically refuse to tune anything low volume or unique like low compression combos or aftermarket cams. The shame is that most consumers think they’re getting a custom tune and frown upon those with canned tunes, when almost all are canned.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I make custom tunes and I see why basically all big tuners don’t. It’s extremely time consuming to make a true custom tune. Most customers aren’t willing to spend $5k+ and work through hundreds of revisions and logs. Basically all the tuners have cookie-cutter/canned files that work for most combos. They sell them cheap because they don’t have to spend much time on them. The moment someone needs something actually custom or a problem diagnosed, they’re losing money. This is why big shops typically refuse to tune anything low volume or unique like low compression combos or aftermarket cams. The shame is that most consumers think they’re getting a custom tune and frown upon those with canned tunes, when almost all are canned.
This. There’s nothing custom about them unless you’re paying “custom” time.

Sponsored

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The problem we currently have is Lund has tremendous word of mouth success. Problem is those idiots continually spreading that word have never used their services. They unknowingly keep baiting the trap and unsuspecting people not familiar with Lund keep falling for it.

And to his credit, at one point say a decade ago he was the only real game in town. It was a canned tune from diablosport or SCT or it was a custom tune from Lund. Now a days it’s the other way around. You’ll get a generic “we use this on every car” tune with Lund and you’ll pay a premium for the name to get it. Meanwhile the WENGERD’s of the world are doing it cheaper, better and with way more class.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The problem we currently have is Lund has tremendous word of mouth success. Problem is those idiots continually spreading that word have never used their services. They unknowingly keep baiting the trap and unsuspecting people not familiar with Lund keep falling for it.

And to his credit, at one point say a decade ago he was the only real game in town. It was a canned tune from diablosport or SCT or it was a custom tune from Lund. Now a days it’s the other way around. You’ll get a generic “we use this on every car” tune with Lund and you’ll pay a premium for the name to get it. Meanwhile the WENGERD’s of the world are doing it cheaper, better and with way more class.
And then they send their lapdog out on YouTube to bash the competition saying they stole their tuning files from Lund
.but never mentioned they stole their tunes from Ford đŸ€Ł

Last edited:

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I just had a couple probably final emails from the 'Lund Calibrator'.
He declined tell his name the couple of times I've asked.
He said saw my comments on this thread so whoever he is, is monitoring it.
He's again telling now 99%.9 of their customers are happy and don't use Paddles.
Yesterday 95% to
I told him it's only this last revision that has the bucking after paddle shifting in Sport mode. So he said to install and old revision. WTH?
What the one that locked my Transmission in first gear in Sport mode? Or the one that Tq management and fueling was off? Those revisions?
I've never heard of such a thing. Kind of defeating the whole revision process isn't it?
Anyhow 'Lund Calibrator' since you're monitoring this thread how about putting a waiver on your site that says No Paddle shifting with our tunes.
Or at least from your specific tunes.
And 'Lund Calibrator' you can delete me from your customer email list. I can't handle anymore of your lies, standoffishness and just plain petty ignoring of getting to the real issues of tuning my car. Feel free to comment about our experience maybe some of these guys can make sense of this.
Sorry for the rant this hasn't been a pleasant experience.

Screenshot_20231013-151249_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20231013-151218_Gmail.jpg

Last edited: