Best wax product

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Swisstrax tiles have channels cast into the underside of the tile to allow water to flow and drain away. It took me a while to figure out that perforated tiles are actually a really good idea. It means you are not standing in puddles of water, making it safer and cleaner to work on, and any dust or dirt simply falls below the standing surface, which in turn keeps the working surface (and in theory, the car) clean. I then give the floor a quick blow or vacuum once a week. Happy days!
Just ordered a sample pack with black and orange. Probably will do a checkered floor like that to match my toolbox lol but this will have to wait a long time before i can actually do it cuz i just ordered a supercharger last month šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
IMG_0881.jpeg
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
OP, forget about wax and make the move to ceramic coatings. Once you make the switch, you'll never go back to wax. Even the cheap DIY spray-on kits are better than wax in every way.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t have any experience with it but what about Gyeon Q2 wax? Definitely not as expensive and I have read good things about how hydrophobic it is.
I switched to the Gyeon Q2 wax on Dā€™s advice Dale. Iā€™m loving it. Easy on, easy off and the shine is brilliant.
IMG_1548.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg

IMG_1547.jpeg

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
How does the Gyeon Q2 wax compare to Collinite 845?

Sponsored

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I switched to the Gyeon Q2 wax on Dā€™s advice Dale. Iā€™m loving it. Easy on, easy off and the shine is brilliant.
IMG_1548.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg

IMG_1547.jpeg
Iā€™m thinking about trying it when I do my complete decon and polish out some scratches. Iā€™m currently using the TW Max wax and have had great results. I donā€™t daily my car but do drive it 3-4 days a week. Thanks for the feedback.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Iā€™m thinking about trying it when I do my complete decon and polish out some scratches. Iā€™m currently using the TW Max wax and have had great results. I donā€™t daily my car but do drive it 3-4 days a week. Thanks for the feedback.
In that case, give it a try. If the car is not a daily or parked outdoors, you should get 9 - 12 months from Q2 Wax.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
How does the Gyeon Q2 wax compare to Collinite 845?
Collinite 845 is more durable, with a stated longevity of 5 - 6 months, expect double that for a garage queen. The final result is a warm glow with excellent slickness. 845 is also up to a third of the price of Q2 Wax. However, It's a bit finicky to use, you need to liquify it by warming prior to use, and can be a bear to remove if applied too thickly.

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, liquid wax, heat-resistant wax, car wax (autogeek.net)

Gyeon Q2 Wax offers an easier application and wipe off, with superior hydrophobic properties and exceptional gloss. It does lack durability, in fact Gyeon don't quote a figure, so I would say 2 - 3 months at best, 9 - 12 months on a garage queen. You also need to allow a 30-minute cure before the wipe off.

GYEON Q2 Wax (autogeek.net)

Between the two, I would choose the product that suits the usage pattern of the vehicle.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
@DFB5.0 how does the water go a specific direction with this stuff? I don't see a channel underneath it that points all the water out to the garage opening??
IMG_0894.jpeg
IMG_0895.jpeg

do the edges that are available on the website stop it from going more internal to the garage?
I opted for the smooth top panels for ease of sliding the jack around, as i do more mechanical than detailing

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 how does the water go a specific direction with this stuff? I don't see a channel underneath it that points all the water out to the garage opening??
IMG_0894.jpeg
IMG_0895.jpeg

do the edges that are available on the website stop it from going more internal to the garage?
I opted for the smooth top panels for ease of sliding the jack around, as i do more mechanical than detailing
The smooth tiles will make moving wheeled devices much easier and quieter.

For the drainage channels, I have highlighted them in your photo. You will need a garage drain or a sloped fall for them to function correctly. Otherwise, the water will evaporate up and through the tile.

stwc.jpg

Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Back to topic! šŸ˜

Maybe I am kind of old school but I still like the Finish Kare Hi-Temp Paste Wax (formally called 1000p, now BWM 101).
Maybe not the most fancy product, but I will stick with it.

There is a recent review, but I use it for more than 10 years, it must have been around for longer.

https://www.prepmycar.com/finishkare-hi-temp-wax-review/

Money quote:
...itā€™s a no-nonsense protective wax that performs its job consistently and without fuss...

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
The smooth tiles will make moving wheeled devices much easier and quieter.

For the drainage channels, I have highlighted them in your photo. You will need a garage drain or a sloped fall for them to function correctly. Otherwise, the water will evaporate up and through the tile.

stwc.jpg
Ok cool thanks. I suspected those were it but wasn't entirely sure. I was kinda expecting a straight channel parallel to the sides, but i can my that work.
Thanks again for the information!

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Liquid wax and paste wax

Is one better than the other?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Liquid wax and paste wax

Is one better than the other?
Liquid will last a little longer than paste. Paste wax is really for those that enjoy waxing every few months. But theyā€™re just not as good as products that are ceramic infused or ceramic coatings. Some of the liquid waxes that are ceramic infused will last 9-12 months.
Sponsored