The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
As far as the 15 year old formula goes I would have to kind of agree. But the results I have got from this product has been unmatched and just like you I’m sure, I’ve owned a lot of sports cars and I take care of them and this is my thing. I use as long as I can get it.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am not knocking it at all. I used it back in the day from time to time also. :)

As far as the 15 year old formula goes I would have to kind of agree. But the results I have got from this product has been unmatched and just like you I’m sure, I’ve owned a lot of sports cars and I take care of them and this is my thing. I use as long as I can get it.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Any experience with Collinite 845? I'd like to give it a try, because it has good reviews and seems to be economical and easy to apply.
I have no experience with waxes (except using post-wash spray types, but that doesn't count). I'm planning to use a clay bar first, then to follow up with 845. Does this sound like a good plan, or am I forgetting something?

Sponsored

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Any experience with Collinite 845? I'd like to give it a try, because it has good reviews and seems to be economical and easy to apply.
I have no experience with waxes (except using post-wash spray types, but that doesn't count). I'm planning to use a clay bar first, then to follow up with 845. Does this sound like a good plan, or am I forgetting something?
great shine, easy to apply-does not last long

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Now that I have experience with it, to my way of thinking, a ceramic coating is "the best wax ever." :-)
agreed but not a DIY for the faint of heart

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Look for and pick up a clay mitt, bar is old school now. Using one will tell all, if you've used a clay bar.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clay mitt is a huge time saver compared to a bar :like:

I still use small offcuts from my bar though for around the door handles and filler cap etc :like:

WD :like:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
If you want to use collinite give the 476S super double coat a run. It's not the easiest to apply but it last forever. It's a good wax to apply before winter.

NXT 2.0 used to be my goto pretty good longevity and super easy to apply and leaves an amazing finish....

Ceramic coated now and I wouldn't have it any other way.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Collinite 845 is one of the best waxes ever created. I have used it on and off for a number of years, returning to it after a trying a variety of spray coatings. Collinite 845 will give 6-8 months of protection, although from my experience, for a garage queen you can expect longer.

IMG-7544.jpg

I use a D/A polisher with a finishing pad to apply, although it can also be applied with a foam pad. The most important thing with this product is to apply it thinly, done so it will be a breeze to buff off. Also, in cold climates you may want to run the bottle under hot water to liquefy the wax, it will otherwise be gloopy. After about 12 hours, 845 can "sweat" as it cures, leaving a few streaks here and there. This is normal and will disappear after the first wash.

oct209.jpg

oct210.jpg

For me, I love the process of applying wax so longevity is not an issue. I also love how wax makes paint look, it just looks different to modern coatings. It's often described as a "warm glow", whatever it is, I love it. (The pics above are not edited or filtered so as to give you an idea of what it looks like.)

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think there is a BEST one size fits all. Today's products are very good, a 3M classic paste wax for instance still extremely good.
Wax has a warm tone, ceramic cooler both require reapplication . The Mustang is a small car, maintaining the finish takes little time.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..maintaining the finish takes little time.
I had to laugh at that one, Greg, no offense. I spent the better part of ten or eleven days masking, polishing, and ceramic coating my Mustang. :-) Maybe I'm just slow. <chuckling>

1623923343376.png
Sponsored