Best wax product

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Another option for longevity from a wax would be to choose one with a ceramic/Si02 element included in the formulation.
Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax - Long-Lasting Ceramic Protection in an Easy to Use Wax-G200416, 16 oz | Meguiar's (meguiars.com)
I use the spray on version. I've been using it for a few years now. It cuts my detailing time in half. I will use this once a week or every two weeks on the entire car to maintain the gloss and protection. It works great on the black plastics as well. Never any residue or light spots. After the initial application of two thick base coat applications, it can be maintained easily. After the car has been washed, mist the whole car sparingly (key point). Then blow dry or towel dry and buff with a good microfiber towel.
Sponsored

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I don’t have any experience with it but what about Gyeon Q2 wax? Definitely not as expensive and I have read good things about how hydrophobic it is.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I don’t have any experience with it but what about Gyeon Q2 wax? Definitely not as expensive and I have read good things about how hydrophobic it is.
Gyeon Q2 Wax is a brilliant product and super easy to use. This is probably the closest a wax can get to a ceramic coating in terms of hydrophobic water behavior, and a slicker feel than a coating.

I really love how Q2 Wax is dispensed................

IMG-1298.jpg

IMG-1293.jpg

IMG-1904.jpg

However, if your car is a daily, I would probably choose something else, mainly because of a lack of durability and a sharp declines in hydrophobic behavior.

Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Gyeon Q2 Wax is a brilliant product and super easy to use. This is probably the closest a wax can get to a ceramic coating in terms of hydrophobic water behavior, and a slicker feel than a coating.

I really love how Q2 Wax is dispensed................

IMG-1298.jpg

IMG-1293.jpg

IMG-1904.jpg

However, if your car is a daily, I would probably choose something else, mainly because of a lack of durability and a sharp declines in hydrophobic behavior.
Bro, is that your garage???

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Bro, is that your garage???
Yes, a long running "project" that is added to when time and money allows. There has been a lot of work to pay for and execute all this.

I laid the floor myself at the end of 2021, I wish I had done it sooner as it looks awesome and is very functional. So proud of the result, my knees hurt for week afterwards. No pain, no gain and all that.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

These cabinets came in two stages and will be joined by another tommorow.

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_3888.jpg

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Wow man that looks fantastic!! That's like a dream garage right there!! Congratulations man, I'm very happy for you! Keep up the hard work and enjoy what you've worked for. Nothing better than that!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Wow man that looks fantastic!! That's like a dream garage right there!! Congratulations man, I'm very happy for you! Keep up the hard work and enjoy what you've worked for. Nothing better than that!
Thank you.

It probably comes across as bragging, that is certainly not the intention. I love what I do, and this is my outlet for sharing it and talking about it. I don't know anyone who finds this stuff as interesting as I do.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.

It probably comes across as bragging, that is certainly not the intention. I love what I do, and this is my outlet for sharing it and talking about it. I don't know anyone who finds this stuff as interesting as I do.
It's not bragging at all, even though you have dam good reason to do so. Your mustang looks incredible too. I too have been a detailing nutcase for years and then went professional with it and started to hate doing it. Now i only do it on my cars and a couple friends.
do you wash inside on the flooring or do you do that outside then bring it in and do the rest of your work inside??

Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
IMG_0548.jpeg

here is some of my best work on my own car when i still had my little detailing shop. I have a lot of pictures of revival work too if you're interested

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
It's not bragging at all, even though you have dam good reason to do so. Your mustang looks incredible too. I too have been a detailing nutcase for years and then went professional with it and started to hate doing it. Now i only do it on my cars and a couple friends.
do you wash inside on the flooring or do you do that outside then bring it in and do the rest of your work inside??
I wash mostly in the driveway then finish off inside the garage.

Occasionally, I will wash inside the garage if it's too hot to be washing in the sun.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
I wash mostly in the driveway then finish off inside the garage.

Occasionally, I will wash inside the garage if it's too hot to be washing in the sun.
So where does all the water go when washing avoiding the sun? I used to use flood barriers and they worked pretty good but i don't know how that would work with the flooring tiles??

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
So where does all the water go when washing avoiding the sun? I used to use flood barriers and they worked pretty good but i don't know how that would work with the flooring tiles??
Swisstrax tiles have channels cast into the underside of the tile to allow water to flow and drain away. It took me a while to figure out that perforated tiles are actually a really good idea. It means you are not standing in puddles of water, making it safer and cleaner to work on, and any dust or dirt simply falls below the standing surface, which in turn keeps the working surface (and in theory, the car) clean. I then give the floor a quick blow or vacuum once a week. Happy days!
Sponsored