Sponsored

Best product for......

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What is the best product to clean and get rid of old tire dressing? I'm going to give p and s brake buster a try this weekend and see if that works.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Adams tire & rubber cleaner is great. Working my way through a gallon

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Dawn dish soap - believe it or not. Get the Dawn soap pump that sprays it's the newest design called "Powerwash".

Spray the tire or rim, let soak then using a tire brush or sponge of choice, just scrub any stubborn areas and rinse.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
For cleaning tires, you need an alkaline based chemical to be effective in stripping built up grime. Shine Supply Wise Guy and Brake Buster are both alkaline cleaners and do this job very well, as would strong APC dilution.

My go to tire cleaner is Brake Buster, un-diluted for full cleaning power.

oct275.jpg

IMG-9806.jpg

IMG-9799.jpg

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Honestly, I like both Adam's and Brake Buster but the stiff brush (or similar agitating device,) is the key component for removing tire shine. Honestly though, I try to preserve my tire shine and I avoid using a brush on the tires for a couple washes after tire shine to prolong its life. And I only use the wheel cleaning solution if I'm going to reapply the shine. Otherwise, I just go with DFB's recommendation to use nothing stronger than regular soap in the cannon for the wheels and tires.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Long-time Simple Green user but I learned the hard way to dilute it to at least fifty-fifty. Otherwise, it can pit metal fairly quickly. One of the best handgun cleaners out there, too especially if you use an ultrasonic cleaner. Good for small car parts only though.

Don't use SG on any parts of the vehicle however, I prefer wheel/tire cleaner in a foamer. But for nearly every other cleaning chore, SG is about as good as anything, I think. And cheap. I also like Zep Citrus Degreaser which is a very good non-petroleum based grease remover, too.

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I use "Super Clean" non diluted, with a MaxShine stiff bristle brush. Takes about three applications until the foam created by the brush becomes white.
Sponsored