Best wax product

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
There was a thread in here somewhere that took me into a deep rabbit hole. The product (i thought) was called angel something and its about $150 and all the samples i saw were awesome (mostly vettes)

My car is a daily and for me its not worth having the car coated (even know eventually i will) but for now I am washing the car a couple times a week.

Anyone have any suggestion or know the product im talking about?
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
This is like sort of asking like what oil is the best ;-)

Find some of the DFB5.0 threads - don't think you will find anything more comprehensive on this forum than his posts.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
+1 for @DFB5.0 Check out his What’s in DFB’ Cabinet thread. Lots of good stuff there

Sponsored

KJZ28

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KevinJoyce.HoulihanLawrence.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT SP1
Ammo Reflex Pro Finishing Wax

EDIT* With this wax on, you can drive in the rain and the car is literally clean and ready for a car show. I have never seen anything like it. The water beading is insane.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I would say but the wax I saw was about $150 for the small tub..

I should rephrase and say "best hard wax opinions"

The carnuba i have just doesnt make it long
So, I used Turtle Wax on my 2016 V6 and it worked really well for being a liquid wax. Good hydrophobic properties, great shine and slickness and I got a good 12 months out of it before having to strip and reapply. And I daily my cars so it saw rain, snow, road salt, you name it.

My 2022 GT is ceramic coated and I’ll never do anything but ceramic coatings again. The prep takes a long time but the car is so much easier to clean and maintain now.

https://www.turtlewax.com/products/...MIgNOKhIqj_gIVoimzAB2U7A6UEAQYASABEgIvo_D_BwE

Cux211

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
22 f250 6.7 platinum tremor

If you’re washing it multiple times per week nothings going to last. A good combo I’ve used for a few years now is jescar power lock + sealer with collinite 845 over that

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

I can't quite remember which product it was, I think Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz was being mentioned a bit lately, although that is a spray sealant and not a wax.
POLISHANGEL Cosmic Spritz - ESOTERIC Car Care

Paste Wax's can be a bear to work with, but I know of people who swear by Collinite 476 Double Coat. I prefer 845, but this 476 will outlive two applications of 845.

"One application provides up to a year of protection through any and all weather conditions. It provides a clear barrier against rain, salt, pollution, bugs, the sun, and all the typical road grime."

A year from a wax on a daily driver is pretty rare, so provided you can deal with the tricky application, then it could be your product.

Collinite Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax No. 476 (autogeek.net)

Another option for longevity from a wax would be to choose one with a ceramic/Si02 element included in the formulation.
Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax - Long-Lasting Ceramic Protection in an Easy to Use Wax-G200416, 16 oz | Meguiar's (meguiars.com)

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Ok I finally found it again:

Holy crap is this expensive

@DFB5.0 are you familiar with this stuff?

pa_hg_2_8e9da83b2d5811ccceb2ac6dfc207a4d956bc868.jpg
I'm all for setting fire to money in the name of detailing, but I don't think that is money well spent. No doubt a great product, but you may as well invest in a ceramic coating at that point.

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I'm all for setting fire to money in the name of detailing, but I don't think that is money well spent. No doubt a great product, but you may as well invest in a ceramic coating at that point.
Thats what I was kind of thinking. The filter applied to that pic is quite helpful for sales lol that thing is razor sharp
Sponsored