Sponsored

Best wax for silver

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Have a I got silver just wondering what others use or recommend to really make the metallic pop
Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
All pop comes from the prep work done to the paint. Carnuba will give you a good deep shine, but lacks longevity.

For the best of both worlds Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0 gives you great longevity and awesome shine. I use it on my silver Saturn Ion. Lasts about 6 months on my DD that sits outside 24/7.

willyms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Menzerna Power Lock is a good sealant. Like collonite 845, it gives a nice shine and protection.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I use Chemical guys WAC 111 extreme depth liquid carnauba creme wax + Xseal. Best stuff on the planet from professional auto detailing dudes.

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yep all in the prep. Nothings going to make that metallic pop like a good compound/polish. Wax just seals the deal. I did full detail, clay, compound, polish, and wax and the metallic popped like you wouldn't believe. It was very time consuming as I am not a professional with professional tools but the results are worth it.

Sponsored

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
No clear answer for sure. Too many great options, just gotta go with what works for you.

For me I'm using:
sealant - Chemical Guys WAC_118_16 - JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protectant

wax - Chemical Guys WAC_300 - Pete's '53 Black Pearl Crystal Polymer White Carnuba Paste Wax

detail spray - Chemical Guys WAC808 Hybrid V7

Yearly - After prepping the paint (wash, claybar, buff with Meguiar's M2 Mirror Glaze Fine-Cut Cleaner) apply 2 coats of sealant 20 min apart; wax; detail spray.

Every 6 months - wax; detail spray

Every wash - After drying with electric leaf blower detail spray.

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
The easiest solution that I would recommend is a cleaner wax such as Meguiar's white wax followed by Meguiar's tech wax 2.0. The cleaner wax would clean the paint and the tech wax would give you the long lasting protection.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
No clear answer for sure. Too many great options, just gotta go with what works for you.

For me I'm using:
sealant - Chemical Guys WAC_118_16 - JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protectant

wax - Chemical Guys WAC_300 - Pete's '53 Black Pearl Crystal Polymer White Carnuba Paste Wax

detail spray - Chemical Guys WAC808 Hybrid V7

Yearly - After prepping the paint (wash, claybar, buff with Meguiar's M2 Mirror Glaze Fine-Cut Cleaner) apply 2 coats of sealant 20 min apart; wax; detail spray.

Every 6 months - wax; detail spray

Every wash - After drying with electric leaf blower detail spray.
I second this process... I do the exact same steps, however, I use their white wax rather than Petes. All other products and processes I replicate.

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
My routine consists of the following:

detail spray - Chemical Guys Eco-Smart Waterless Wash

Glaze - Chemical Guys Blacklight or Glossworks

wax - Chemical Guys Lava

sealant - CarPro Reload

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
your shine comes from your polishing stage. waxes and sealants will give you some depth, but if you take a car that was fully corrected (then put wax on) and and car that was just washed and then put wax on, you will see the difference

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
i've used the full chemical guys stuff (blacklight, jetseal, butter wet wax) as well as klasse's all in one and and sealant as well as good ol' P21s.

After a couple of cars what I usually use and find to give the best look is:

if you have lots of swirls (mine did right off the dealer lot), use meguiars D300 on microfiber pads on a medium/medium high speed followed by m205 polish on a foam finishing pad.

that'll give you a great base to build on. I then wash again, glaze with CG blacklight (dark colored car, but i doubt it has a negative using it on light colors) , followed by 3 layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze (I think this has a better shine and durability than jetseal). I let that cure over night and then wax with P21S, but I actually use S100. S100 is the same exact thing, but marketed to motorcycles and half the price haha. It looks/smells/works the same and gives the paint a nice warm look. It doesn't last very long, so that's why i use it over the sealant.

That's just me though, everyone likes different stuff for different reasons!

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Mr Monte you apply the sealant coats prior to the wax? Im not at your guys level so school me.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Mr Monte you apply the sealant coats prior to the wax? Im not at your guys level so school me.
1. Wash
2. Claybar
3. Paint correction - Use a buffing compound, be careful here as you can wreck your paint if too aggressive
4. Sealer
5. Polish/wax
6. Detail spray
7. Enjoy the beauty of your efforts

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Here's what 25 hours of compounding, polishing, glazing, sealing and waxing will get you.

(click for full size iPotato pic)

The paint was total sh*t when I got it. Managed to remove 90% of the scratches. A world of difference when completed! Having the right tools and chemicals makes ALL the difference.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
While on vacation I did some paint correction on my 80 year old mother-in-law's car without the use of any power tools. Talk about a good workout!

Before

After

Sponsored

Last edited: