Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
yeah, i did this and yesterday just cruising at 67mph got around 30mpg's on the highway.
throttle response seems improved as well. my iat temps are closer to ambient as well, i guess because less stuff to heatsoak = less heatsoak.
Cruising ,Iat temps are 2f to ambient in open CAI ☺
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Cruising ,Iat temps are 2f to ambient in open CAI ☺
That's my experience with the Roush that's been on my car for years. It'll heat soak in traffic at a light, but after a few seconds in motion it's within less than 5* of ambient.

Probably doesn't hurt that the hood vent sits directly above the open box, so the grille duct is a pass-thru leading to the filter then out the hood vent.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My test with logs was with a 350 Ported mani and JLT CAI with and without a close lip.
My setup is GT350 intake manifold, not ported, GT350 CAI with a velossa tech big mouth on the drivers side.

Sponsored

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
I had a PMAS on mine and got rid of it. Did some dyno testing and found about 10-15rwhp gain. Closed the hood and lost it all. So, I removed the carbon filter from the stock intake and "ported" it by removing and smoothing all of the plastic casting flash and attachment bosses. Then I opened the left front intake area on the grill and attached a Velossa Tech Big Mouth to the air box intake to make a solid air-tight bridge between the grill opening and the air box inlet. No underhood heated air or heated air off the radiator. All outside fresh air. Got my 10-15rwhp back. Gives a slight air pressure boost at highway speeds and above. Lund knows how to tune for this kind of setup, since it can cause a little bit of slight surging at highway speeds when not WOT. I'm guessing that the only way that I could improve cool airflow would be to get a bigger throttle body with an equally bigger closed intake that still provides a sealed intake path all the way to the grill...

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had a PMAS on mine and got rid of it. Did some dyno testing and found about 10-15rwhp gain. Closed the hood and lost it all. So, I removed the carbon filter from the stock intake and "ported" it by removing and smoothing all of the plastic casting flash and attachment bosses. Then I opened the left front intake area on the grill and attached a Velossa Tech Big Mouth to the air box intake to make a solid air-tight bridge between the grill opening and the air box inlet. No underhood heated air or heated air off the radiator. All outside fresh air. Got my 10-15rwhp back. Gives a slight air pressure boost at highway speeds and above. Lund knows how to tune for this kind of setup, since it can cause a little bit of slight surging at highway speeds when not WOT. I'm guessing that the only way that I could improve cool airflow would be to get a bigger throttle body with an equally bigger closed intake that still provides a sealed intake path all the way to the grill...
So you re-dynoed the new intake setup with the close hood? Were the weather conditions the same?

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Yep, same dyno, same day. We ran a series of tests and averaged out 3 runs each...

OP
OP

BobKool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L automatic
So, in your opinion, do you think the MAF that PMAS included made any difference Mike, or is it just window dressing that no other aftermarket CAI offers? That's kind of the way I'm leaning, since if it was actually effective, all the other manufacturers would have followed the same route and included a MAF with their systems also.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
all the other manufacturers would have followed the same route and included a MAF with their systems also.
Not really,
PMAS is a flow meter and mass air flow calibration company first and a CAI second.
Not to many with air flow calibration equipment out there do what PMAS does.

https://pmas-maf.com/about/

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

BobKool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Not really,
PMAS is a flow meter and mass air flow calibration company first and a CAI second.
Not to many with air flow calibrated equipment out there do what PMAS does.

https://pmas-maf.com/about/
Interesting. I wasn't even aware of what PMAS stood for, and certainly didn't know they specialized in air flow science. Judging from your previous post, you seem intimately familiar with this company Greg. Might I assume you work for them, or is your knowledge about this just from personal experience?

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Interesting. I wasn't even aware of what PMAS stood for, and certainly didn't know they specialized in air flow science. Judging from your previous post, you seem intimately familiar with this company Greg. Might I assume you work for them, or is your knowledge about this just from personal experience?
I don’t work for them, I read the “About Us” whenever I can.
Hell, I’ll even check online import records to weed out the hucksters…..

Last edited:
OP
OP

BobKool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I don’t work for them, I read the “About Us” whenever I can.
Hell, I’ll even check online import records to weed out the hucksters…..
I can Identify. I tend to over-analyze everything. That's why I have yet to pull the trigger on this upgrade. Trying to cover all the bases before making a decision. My always wanting everything black and white and perfectly defined drives my wife nuts sometimes.

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a newbie here...just signed up a few days ago. I have a question that I'm sure has been discussed many times before, but I can't find it in any of the posts. I recently purchased a 2022 Mustang GT automatic. I'm looking to purchase a cold air intake for this car, and I've narrowed it down to the Injen EVO 9202, or the JLT (now S&B) CAI-75-5147D. Both systems are closed box dry filters. I've read good things about both of them. I figured this would be the place to ask to get a better opinion on these two systems. I don't plan on running this car at the track, just some spirited driving elsewhere. I also don't want to void my warranty, so I'm not considering anything that requires a tune. I'd be happy to just pick up the 10 HP and 10 ft/lbs of torque that the '22 model lost from previous years. Appreciate any insight anybody can provide.
I have a Holley no tune listed in the for sale section

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt