Sponsored

Best CAI for lund tune?

Tavinho5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 "white cherry" GT
So i herd great reviews on the Lund tune and i think id be getting one soon! Now i want to know which CAI will be the best idea to work with it! Thanks alot!
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
What are you mod plans for the new future? If it's coming off anyways then don't buy any. If you're staying with light bolt ons then I'm a JLT man myself.

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
save the money for headers and run the stock intake for now. If you do buy one steeda or JLT.

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Yep , headers first . The stock box flows more than enough to get you low 11s . I have the jlt because I like the way it sounds . I have a jlt GT350 intake tube because I like the way it looks .

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Pmas has my vote

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
All the stuff the guys above me said. We've all been through it already, so they aren't empty opinions. I have a Lund tune and Steeda CAI myself, but when the time comes, you can't go wrong with any of them. They're all good. And yeah, headers (if you want them), wouldn't be a bad item to put on your list for the fat guy in the sleigh next month.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I was going to place headers on my Santa list, but apparently Santa just found out that he is going to be taking another pay cut. Hopefully our new President gets this crap straightened out with all of these regulations so I can earn a living again.

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I don't have any basis for comparison, as I've only had one, but I went with PMAS and Lund tune from beefcake. I'm certain it was mostly the tune, but the car is a different animal, especially in sport mode (6 spd manual). It pulls hard to the end. I've never dyno'd the car and I've never taken this one to the track, so I cant comment on any actual gains, just seat of the pants, and it's not insignificant.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Lund and SCT here as my only power mods and its night and day. Cant go wrong either way!

Matt

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I was going to place headers on my Santa list, but apparently Santa just found out that he is going to be taking another pay cut. Hopefully our new President gets this crap straightened out with all of these regulations so I can earn a living again.
I feel your pain. On my list to Santa was the FRPP PP2 which includes a CAI, or maybe headers, but with the Obamacare premium increase Santa and his elves just experienced it is doubtful he can bring either. :rant:

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I don't really think CAI is worth the cost vs performance until you start adding a lot of parts. You might see a little gain in the upper RPM but not much over the stock airbox. You'd be surprised at how well stock intakes move air. Of course restriction becomes a thing when you have an engine trying to suck in massive amounts of air over stock but I don't think just a tune is really going to put that strain on the stock box.

I am picking up a tuner today and going with a Lund tune. Most of your gains come from a tune, parts slowly add to it unless you doing a big mod like headers. The main reason I like just doing a tune is, no parts to revert back if needed. You just reflash stock ECU and done. If you really want an intake decide if you ever plan on going forced induction and if it's compatible so you can use it the new set ups.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I looked at the intake sort of like an axle back when I decided to do it. Not much performance, but that induction sound...:eyebulge:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I looked at the intake sort of like an axle back when I decided to do it. Not much performance, but that induction sound...:eyebulge:
I hear people say this. I want to hear one. The sound of an intake on a turbo was awesome because you get the "hsssssSSSSSSSSS" sound as it pulls air, plus the bypass valve blowing air back into the intake piping. How much different is it with a N/A setup?

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
I hear people say this. I want to hear one. The sound of an intake on a turbo was awesome because you get the "hsssssSSSSSSSSS" sound as it pulls air, plus the bypass valve blowing air back into the intake piping. How much different is it with a N/A setup?
Just Un clip the top of your airbox and rev the engine a couple times . Night and day difference When you hit the imrc open around 3k

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I've run JLT, Airaid, Airaid/JLT hybrid, and Steeda with my Lund tune. I'm back on the stock intake w/an AEM dry filter and VelosaTech Big Mouth. Power is just as good and there are zero heat issues.

If you really want an intake and don't care about the heat issues, pick whichever appeals to you. Also consider which company is ripping off others if integrity means anything to you.
Sponsored