schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Exploded Muffin,

Sorry for the late response. A and C clutches had heat scoring (burned spots about the size of a dime or a nickel).

Rest of the clutches looked very good to excellent.
Sponsored

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
schmeky, I'd be very curious if you have seen and have an opinion about the new Suncoast Pro lok valve body. I'm contemplating a 700-750rwhp Procharger build and was thinking that maybe it would live with stock clutches with all the line pressure and other improvements by just switching out to this valve body upgrade.

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
any additional thoughts gents? I’m on 60k for my 10R80.
I’ll be doing the sonnax clips, new filter and fluid and a new pressure regulator from Sun coast. I already have a tune from
juggernaut performance, which has been working quit well. Just trying to be proactive at this point. Tranny has been great. It takes it about a second delay to downshift though…

Where can I get a thermostat bypass?

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
any additional thoughts gents? I’m on 60k for my 10R80.
I’ll be doing the sonnax clips, new filter and fluid and a new pressure regulator from Sun coast. I already have a tune from
juggernaut performance, which has been working quit well. Just trying to be proactive at this point. Tranny has been great. It takes it about a second delay to downshift though…

Where can I get a thermostat bypass?
I can send u the thermostat. Pm me if you want . I dont make money on it. Just charging cost of shipment and fabrication .

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
18 S550 5.0, 22 F150 Tremor, 22 Expedition Stealth
HP Tuners does not offer tuning tech support (and are also not very responsive). I suspect you purchased The Tuning School's course, In which case they do include 1 year of support with the purchase. I'm not sure which employee provides the actual support at this time, but they have at least one who really knows his stuff on the 10r80. You also may find more information, or another member willing to help in the Ford trans tuning section of the HPTuners support forum.
I know I'm late to the thread, but I'm researching upgrading my 10R80 and found this thread. Great info in here by the way.

I'm the guy at The Tuning School who wrote the 6R80/10R80 Ford guide. I do all of the Ford stuff, and now some of the Dodge as well.

Sponsored

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
I know I'm late to the thread, but I'm researching upgrading my 10R80 and found this thread. Great info in here by the way.

I'm the guy at The Tuning School who wrote the 6R80/10R80 Ford guide. I do all of the Ford stuff, and now some of the Dodge as well.
Are you going to build it yourself or have someone build it?

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
muffin,

I should have been more descriptive. Once my original 10R died, I bought a new Ford 10R VIN matched to my Mustang.

Tore it down and did the Sun Coast thing. My 5 - 6 flare, after the new trans was in, occurred at low speed, lite throttle only. Anything past about 3K and it shifted great in 1 thru 6.

When my original 10R was dying, it flared sporadically at 5 - 6, at any throttle position, but was consistent on the flare.

I never had a harsh 5 - 6 on the original. It just totally failed one day when it went into (or I should say tried to go into) 6th.
About how much is a 10r from ford ?

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I guess it’s a rebuild one

Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
That’s good to know !!

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Great thread and info @schmeky. How is your car running with the trans you rebuilt?