2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Yea if you have a tune you’re SOL
Sponsored

Oscifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Once I was able to get the car off the ground and listen to it from underneath there was no more denying that it was coming from the crank/inside the oil pan. At least in my case. That was the deciding factor in taking it in for me.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
My noise was the stock resonator. It sounded like the bearings in the bottom end. But luckily was not!

baja695

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just started getting this tick. 2017 GT with 11k miles.

I've identified that it is somehow related to my belt idler pulley. When the A/C is on, I can see that pulley switches on and off intermittently. Every time it switches on, the tick happens.

I noticed the tick when in 1st or reverse, typically when pulling into my garage with the window down. After reading this thread, I tried listening for it with the A/C on and sure enough it happened.

Does anybody know what that belt idler pulley does or have any experience with it ticking? Any recommended course of action? I'm glad I can recreate the sound and show where it's coming from so when I go to the dealer, they don't just shrug me off immediately.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Mine was never related to that. Must be a different sound. Mine has gone away and hasn’t come back. We will see what it does after my next oil change though.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Guess they still haven’t fixed that issue after all these revisions of the coyote. Good thing it only happens to a small percentage of owners.

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
[MENTION=26362]Rash[/MENTION] is happend before my first oil change so I checked my oil it was fine but looked dark so I changed it at the dealer it thought mabie it’ll fix it but it didn’t it actually make the tick louder and the noise use to be there only when cold and go away when warm but after the oil change it was louder and Knocks on start up and now ticks when it’s warm and Ive taken it to two dealer one dealer called me and said it’s normal and that they compared it to another car on the lot so I showed up and asked them to show me we checked 4 cars and none made the noise so they said ohh mabie the car making the noise left so said bs my cars making a bad noise and I don’t feel safe driving it I don’t feel like getting stranded anyways so they sent a email to ford hotline and ford hotline messaged them back two days later with a list of things on how to find what’s wrong and fix the car and then the service manager said he doesn’t think we should fix it and that I should wait till it got worse or throws a check engine light code so that way they won’t have to do a teardown on the motor to find what’s wrong I fought that and he kept saying ohh Wull if we don’t find anything Your Gona have to pay the tear down of like 1600.00 and I just felt like they were Gona try and screw me over so I just took it to another dealer then that dealer said the same thing that they can hear the noise coming from another car so I said show me and they only had 1 to show me and said hear that noise I said no I don’t hear no noise and that service manager said Wull idc because if I hear a noise that sounds kinda similar to Yours but isn’t as loud as Yours then I can same it’s the same and they did a full diagnostics test and when they gave me the paper all it said was they checked the oil level and the oil levels fine and I said that’s not a full diagnostic check I said where compression tests and other tests and then said don’t worry you have warranty if it breaks any ford dealership can fix it I kept saying I don’t wanna drive it and it breaks I opened up a case against them and then I told him the case number and showed him the email and he said he didn’t care that ford customer care can’t make them do anything so I just picked up the car and now finally taking it back to the original dealer so I’m pritty much in a fight for it I might have to higher a lawyer because of it I just don’t know what to do anymore I feel it’s getting way worse to where I give the car gas is has a gap like if it has a turbo then all the sudden a burst of power I just don’t want it to break when I’m driving somewhere

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
sentence and paragraph structure, wow

Sponsored

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
I thought I was getting less and today I realized it is actually getting worse.
it is moving from ticking to rattling

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Gonna need a new block soon

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I thought I was getting less and today I realized it is actually getting worse.
it is moving from ticking to rattling
Yea mine was a slightly less clunky version of that. It definitely made the sound under similar circumstances though. When tapping the throttle. Yours sounds like metal to metal contact. I'd get that looked at ASAP... You're stock right?

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Yea mine was a slightly less clunky version of that. It definitely made the sound under similar circumstances though. When tapping the throttle. Yours sounds like metal to metal contact. I'd get that looked at ASAP... You're stock right?
I already have been in dealer a week ago when it was less noisy. they didnt really care about it. they act like it is not important.. they told me to leave the car if I really want to and they will probably check it in 3-4 days. They said they are too busy.
I am stock. Just x-pipe and pp wheels. I dont think they will cause me trouble for that.

I will go again this week :mad:

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
[MENTION=24226]ponyv6[/MENTION]

Dam that’s the same noise mines making just dropped it off today at the third and original dealer I’m hopeing and praying it gets fixed
Sponsored