Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I keep reading posts that claim there is a difference in connecting a tender to the fusebox versus directly to the battery, because of the BMS.

I will say this. IF there is a direct connection between the positive battery post and fusebox by a big fat wire, then there is no difference. Now, if there is some BMS-related black box between the battery and fusebox, then I could see that there could be a difference.

I would check the cable in my own car, but it is hibernating on its tender and under a car cover. BTW, I wired my tender pigtail to the fusebox and tower ground terminal, mainly out of convenience.
Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
There is a thread on installing the tender pigtail. Positive at the fuse box and negative on the strut tower. I just use this one. CTEK I have is not getting used any more as the battery goes into saver mode and I cannot update Ford Pass.
20240105_100436.jpg
I have the same issue using Noco Genius5 5A. Even though I left my battery tender hooked, Ford Pass was giving me notifications about battery saver mode and I could no longer use the app

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I have the same issue using Noco Genius5 5A. Even though I left my battery tender hooked, Ford Pass was giving me notifications about battery saver mode and I could no longer use the app
I've said it before, even though lots of people argue and disagree, I'll say it again.
Connect both leads directly to the battery.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
This one started to do it as well. Nature of the beast I guess.
I cannot wait to drive it again.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
There is a thread on installing the tender pigtail. Positive at the fuse box and negative on the strut tower. I just use this one. CTEK I have is not getting used any more as the battery goes into saver mode and I cannot update Ford Pass.
Maybe the car tracks the time between starts and goes into sleep mode even if the battery voltage is okay. ?

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Maybe the car tracks the time between starts and goes into sleep mode even if the battery voltage is okay. ?
^ That's been my experience. If I connect my car and leave it, about two weeks later the car enter Deep Sleep Mode. I can tell on the Ford Performance tender: the device registers it has entered Stage 8, the final stage.

You can temporarily wake the car by using the remote to lock and/or unlock it. You can later open the car door, making it think you're going for a drive. If then left alone, the car will again enter Deep Sleep after close to two weeks.

Some additional factors to consider:

- That the selected tender is the correct type or size for the supported vehicle. Ninety-nine percent of the time it is. But occasionally someone has the wrong type for the supported battery

- The the tender has been installed per the manufacturer's instructions

- My comments assume any aftermarket devices (cameras, stereos, etc.) are off

Last edited:

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
This has been my experience as well. I believe it's a time thing, my tender can be attached, it goes into floating charge (battery full), but still goes into sleep in approximately 2 weeks every time. I can open the door, and power on the ignition (no start) and shut it off and it comes out of sleep for another 2 weeks. My 2018 F150 did this as well, I kept it on the same tender for the last few months I had it when it was parked for a long time.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
No clue but the tender reads 90% so I don't worry about it.
Sponsored