B&O center (dash) speaker replacement guide request

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I forgot to answer your question about running a speaker with a larger magnet OP. Yes, there’s plenty of room to do so.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think 4 from 8 would just make it louder.
Oh man; I don't think any of us want a louder center speaker. Ha ha. We better find an 8 ohm one then, for the system to remain stock; just with better sound. And yes, if I find something, I'd post a link. And please do the same, since I'm not very good at searching. Ha ha.

I forgot to answer your question about running a speaker with a larger magnet OP. Yes, there’s plenty of room to do so.
Excellent news; thank you very much for all your great help :). Now time to search. Ha ha. I'd only have to source the blade terminals, especially the little one, which is not common. With RadioShack now gone (at least here), I'll probably have to order them online, and pay a ton of shipping. Oh well.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Oh man; I don't think any of us want a louder center speaker. Ha ha. We better find an 8 ohm one then, for the system to remain stock; just with better sound. And yes, if I find something, I'd post a link. And please do the same, since I'm not very good at searching. Ha ha.

Excellent news; thank you very much for all your great help :). Now time to search. Ha ha. I'd only have to source the blade terminals, especially the little one, which is not common. With RadioShack now gone (at least here), I'll probably have to order them online, and pay a ton of shipping. Oh well.
Ok, I went ahead and sacrificed my B&O center speaker for the good of mankind. Here’s another option. Get yourself some red 18-22 gauge male and female bullet connectors (two of each to make up both speaker leads). Crimp the male bullet connectors onto the ends of the B&O speaker plug and crimp the female bullet connectors onto the ends of two short pieces of wire (can buy a foot of black 18 or 22 gauge wire at your local hardware store). Solder the black extension wire to the new speaker terminals and you won’t have to try and locate those hard to find mini spade connectors. See mock up pics below for visual reference. Note: I am using blue bullet connectors and white wire for the example, but you will need red ones for the job.

36C0E41E-0111-4D4F-8349-2C175B09B8D9.jpeg

1BB42260-1501-4480-BE12-CB16B43F51BB.jpeg

5B77A39E-6638-4844-8DC3-92EF25633F14.jpeg

B08099A6-E3E3-47AF-B5F2-CE004AB87F81.jpeg

B5598D19-4F9A-424D-B62B-E74AC88E9A52.jpeg

38509667-DCC7-404D-BAB8-6401A5BE40A9.jpeg

E758D3CE-9B36-4954-B3CB-9D4B5396912C.jpeg

A2755A98-222E-4120-8529-29E92AD487D2.jpeg

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks a lot for your help, brother. But you actually gave me a better idea: Just solder the black wires to the new speaker, and problem solved, no? :) That way the new speaker can be disconnected from the connector the same way as the stock one. Having said that, I'd have to get some flux, since I don't have any. And the solder I have, supposedly with it, it's absolute crap.

But my project is quickly souring :(. Just hung up with Crutchfield, and they don't carry anything 8 ohm in 3-1/2". Actually the guy told me I was wrong, that the B&O center speaker is 2 ohm 25W, and I told him my brother NGOT8R has an identical car to mine (2019 Bullitt), both with B&O standard from the factory, and I believed him more than Crutchfield. Ha ha. Need to try google one last time, but nothing came up. And yes, if we go 4 ohms, it'd make the speaker louder, and no way any of us want that :). Will keep you guys posted.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks a lot for your help, brother. But you actually gave me a better idea: Just solder the black wires to the new speaker, and problem solved, no? :) That way the new speaker can be disconnected from the connector the same way as the stock one. Having said that, I'd have to get some flux, since I don't have any. And the solder I have, supposedly with it, it's absolute crap.

But my project is quickly souring :(. Just hung up with Crutchfield, and they don't carry anything 8 ohm in 3-1/2". Actually the guy told me I was wrong, that the B&O center speaker is 2 ohm 25W, and I told him my brother NGOT8R has an identical car to mine (2019 Bullitt), both with B&O standard from the factory, and I believed him more than Crutchfield. Ha ha. Need to try google one last time, but nothing came up. And yes, if we go 4 ohms, it'd make the speaker louder, and no way any of us want that :). Will keep you guys posted.
Yep, you could certainly solder them to the new speaker. Thats the best way to do it anyways IMO. For those that don’t have soldering equipment though, the spade connectors (and/or bullet connectors, should need to extend the wiring), would be the best bet.

Yeah, Crutchfield gets it wrong sometimes. When I ordered my PAC Audio AmpPro from them, they told me that it didn’t fit my Bullitt. They were wrong, it sure does fit. A member on here just asked me about the AmpPro a few weeks ago and I directed him to Crutchfield. Shortly thereafter, the member told me that he checked and Crutchfield told him it wouldn’t fit his B&O Mustang. I reassured him that it would fit and told him that Crutchfield just wasn’t aware.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
While I don’t physically have one of these speakers in hand to measure, I did remove the factory speakers in my previously owned 2019 Chrysler 300 to replace them with aftermarket tweeters and they were 3 1/2 inch speakers. The mounting ring and speaker looked identical to the Bullitt center channel speaker. If I were looking to upgrade my speaker, I would feel comfortable ordering any of these 3 1/2 inch speakers from this page that show to fit a 2019 Chrysler 300. I actually believe they will fit with no modifications needed.

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_51100/3-1-2-Speakers.html?tp=96

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I actually believe they will fit with no modifications needed. https://www.crutchfield.com/g_51100/3-1-2-Speakers.html?tp=96
That was one of the 4 Crutchfield lists for B&Os, but they're wrong. Those are 3 ohms, so even worse than 4. Ha ha.

Okay, added 8 ohms, and excluded paper cones, and there are 11 left. However, some are 'drivers', 'full-range drivers', and 'full-range speakers'. What the hell do we need? Ha ha. Here's the link with those 11: https://www.parts-express.com/conem...ldiameter/3~1-SLASH-2?order=pricelevel12:desc

Finally, adding a resistor should work, but you could mess up the speaker, and I haven't done any soldering since I was en engineer at Rockwell International making Hellfire missile sensors, and B1 bomber navigation boards back in the 80s. Ha ha.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The center speaker is 8 ohm?