Yes, Disconnecting the Center Dash Speaker is 100% Better

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I just disconnected the center Dash Speaker in my 9 speaker sound system and I will agree 100%, The improvement to overall sound quality has increased a Whole lot. Next I will install my Custom made Dual 10" Speaker Box, (Non-Ported} that should finish my stereo Deficiency in the bass. IMHO. Cant wait.
Thanks who ever recpo0mendd this.
Sponsored

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I agree 100%. I have the 9 speaker shaker, doing that and setting the mode to driver made a ton of difference. There's actually some bass in some songs. Not enough that I won't add a subwoofer... Music isn't recorded in surround, what is that center channel doing? Mucking things up, that's what.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I agree 100%. I have the 9 speaker shaker, doing that and setting the mode to driver made a ton of difference. There's actually some bass in some songs. Not enough that I won't add a subwoofer... Music isn't recorded in surround, what is that center channel doing? Mucking things up, that's what.
I know right, I actually heard more bass or just Bass period after disconnecting the center speaker. Crazy. It must free up speaker wattage for the other speakers by not being used.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I know right, I actually heard more bass or just Bass period after disconnecting the center speaker. Crazy. It must free up speaker wattage for the other speakers by not being used.
I actually have a few songs that vibrate the rear view mirrors now!

Sponsored

Wookie107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I disconnected the center dash speaker and used forscan to remove the EQ. Sounds much better, especially at higher volumes.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I disconnected the center dash speaker and used forscan to remove the EQ. Sounds much better, especially at higher volumes.
I wish I knew someone with forscan here in Indianapolis area I might get to do the same. I tried registering for the Forscan program two months ago and it wouldn't let me register and become a member so I would have it.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I've done the center speaker disconnect but not the Forscan change to fix the EQ. Did making the forscan changes make a big difference on their own even after disconnecting the center speaker?

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I think its just that the center speaker kills the stereo soundstage and it has a higher pitched almost shrill sound to the POS. :)

Wookie107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I've done the center speaker disconnect but not the Forscan change to fix the EQ. Did making the forscan changes make a big difference on their own even after disconnecting the center speaker?
Yes, but only at higher volumes where the factory EQ would clip bass. It makes the factory system sound decent. I plan on upgrading the 3.5” mids next.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I had the 9 speaker premium in my 2018 GT Premium, and agree the center speaker was too loud with all stock speakers. I replaced the rear deck speakers w/ Focal two-way speakers that were a little louder than the factory ones (and a whole lot better sounding) and it greatly improved the sound even with the center speaker still on. I bet if you replaced the rear deck speakers you'd notice another big improvement overall -- definitely worth it. Those rear deck speakers were awful.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
is this only an issue if you are adding woofers and stuff? i'm not an audiophile but my car is coming with the 9 speaker setup i think.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is there a visual walk through or a "how to" in doing that for those who have NEVER used Forscan - or the link to show what needs to be turned off?
Sponsored