B&O 10" sub replacement guide

davidkrocks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible
If you guys would like it - I can make a video in the weekend going though the steps?
I won't be doing it since it has been done but I'll explain it all throughout the video đź‘Ť
That'd be awesome RasJeremy. I'd be likely to buy a replacement sub for my B/O if I can see it done on a video.
Sponsored

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
If you guys would like it - I can make a video in the weekend going though the steps?
I won't be doing it since it has been done but I'll explain it all throughout the video đź‘Ť
If you wouldn't mind my dude, that would be absolutely amazing!

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

EDIT: I just read my own text and I even confused myself haha!
What I meant was that I can't do it again since I already have done it to my own sub. Though I will show on my own sub step by step what I have done and show how it looks on mine after the job has been done ✌
You're the best, seriously

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

What I meant was that I can't do it again since I already have done it to my own sub. Though I will show on my own sub step by step what I have done and show how it looks on mine after the job has been done ✌
Don't forget to include the bit with the lump hammer :wink:

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's

I have already done mine as well....hardest part was pulling off the trim ring without breaking.

I would be interested in seeing how to "de-pin" a connector. I know how to do on others, but could figure out on this particular connector with the tool I had.

Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
@cheeser @Kachøw @Wantedx9 @davidkrocks and for everone else interested! Video is up!

I know youtube would've been easy but due to a video on my youtube channel which went viral across the world years ago I don't want this video to show up on a lot of peoples feeds :crackup:

I ordered the Pioneer TS-A250D4. I'm sure this DIY is compatible with other brands/models but some of the things I say in the video is based on this Pioneer unit and the included parts.

Also I am not an editing master or a good streamer so I did it in 3rd take and thought that would do :crazy:

I've found some good points to time mark in the video but watch it and see if that is useful:
00:25 - OEM connector disassembly
02:10 - Taking of the bezel of the mesh without breaking the bezel
03:22 - Me talking Danish for a moment since my 2 year old daughter was curious of what I was doing!
03:42 - The needed modifications to the new subwoofer unit to make it fit with the OEM subwoofer box and mesh
04:52 - Modification to the subwoofer box itself.

As stated - feel free to ask any further questions and if needed and we can arrange it, I'd be happy to help though video call on messenger
Also last but not least... This is a really easy job to do - Sit down with a episode of FRIENDS or whatever you like and just go through it.

Happy modifying! :like:

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
@cheeser @Kachøw @Wantedx9 @davidkrocks and for everone else interested! Video is up!

I know youtube would've been easy but due to a video on my youtube channel which went viral across the world years ago I don't want this video to show up on a lot of peoples feeds :crackup:

I ordered the Pioneer TS-A250D4. I'm sure this DIY is compatible with other brands/models but some of the things I say in the video is based on this Pioneer unit and the included parts.

Also I am not an editing master or a good streamer so I did it in 3rd take and thought that would do :crazy:

I've found some good points to time mark in the video but watch it and see if that is useful:
03:22 - Me talking Danish for a moment since my 2 year old daughter was curious of what I was doing!
03:42 - The needed modifications to the new subwoofer unit to make it fit with the OEM subwoofer box and mesh

As stated - feel free to ask any further questions and if needed and we can arrange it, I'd be happy to help though video call on messenger
Also last but not least... This is a really easy job to do - Sit down with a episode of FRIENDS or whatever you like and just go through it.

This is amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's

Wow...that was easy with the connector. I opened the "latch" on the back as you did, but didn't even try to gently pull on the connector.....I was trying to use a "de-pinning" tool.

Last edited:

davidkrocks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible

This is really good! you made it super clear to understand!

SLR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT in Grabber Blue Metallic
Installed the Pioneer TS-A250D4 over the weekend in our new '22 GT. Thanks to the details from the post originator and others in this thread, I was well prepared and it was a quick job. No damage to the trim ring as I used plastic trim tools to push in the outer pins before prying. Worthwhile upgrade and the wife is very happy too.

The wire terminal ends can be removed from the connectors without damage by pushing against the locking tab and pulling the wire by hand. I put the terminal ends into the Pioneer connectors without cutting or stripping wire and they were secure when tugged on.

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I used some cheap Amazon de-pinning tools and pushed them out. No idea what I was doing but it worked after some effort. Once they are out they make a good clean connection to the sub.

Magnetic904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Did post number 1 today in this thread, took about an hour. Was able to order the pioneer sub from amazon and had next day delivery. Decided to drill all new screws rather than try and drill next to the factory ones, this way none of the factory holes get messed up for if i remount the factory sub for a trade in or whatnot. Tip, drill a pilot hole for each screw, the plastic is soft and that way your mounting screws will have something to grab onto when mounting. Not sure i wired it correctly but its working and has a noticably deeper bass and punch than the factory.

20220511_161108.jpg

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
Did this swap today and I really thought it would sound way better based off what everyone has said in posts. 2021 Gt B&O. Broke all but one tab off on the grill but I didn't break the ring at least.

Sound wise I would say it is tighter but not exactly clean. The posts with others wondering about the phase has me thinking maybe I need to pull it out and swap the wires around to see if it would sound better. Right now I have it wired black and purple wires to negative, the green and yellow wires to positive.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Did this swap today and I really thought it would sound way better based off what everyone has said in posts. 2021 Gt B&O. Broke all but one tab off on the grill but I didn't break the ring at least.

Sound wise I would say it is tighter but not exactly clean. The posts with others wondering about the phase has me thinking maybe I need to pull it out and swap the wires around to see if it would sound better. Right now I have it wired black and purple wires to negative, the green and yellow wires to positive.

Disable factory eq at some point for a larger increase

Bass roll off is real

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
Disable factory eq at some point for a larger increase

Bass roll off is real
I thought someone proved that the bass roll off is already disabled on the 2021's with B&O? Said the Forscan setting was already in the disabled setting.
Sponsored