B&O 10" sub replacement guide

Corporal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
Rockford upgrade complete. The only modifications were drilling new holes for the speaker and grill, and a thin weather strip around the ring.
Nice tight punchy bass. Same results I had with this speaker in my Focus ST , and Shaker pro in my 16 mustang.

50442398402_9d1413bce7_o.jpg

Real world trials beats technical specs every time.
Know what I'm saying????
Whats the model number on the RF sub?
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The grille will fit back and you could re fix the trim ring with a few blobs of silicone sealant (you can get black silicone in a tube)
Nope. I actually broke the ring itself (rather than the stud) at several places, so it went to the trash. But it was just cosmetic. I don't remember seeing the thick deep plastic where the original screws are anywhere else around the 'circle', meaning screwing a heavier sub anywhere else would not be as sturdy, so not eager to change the sub. And no medical issue here other than a rare cancer I can't shake :).

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
@Gregs24, what sealing strip did you get? How did you connect the wires? Any chance you took a photo? And lastly, what did you use to fill up the box? How much of the stuff did you put there?

Going to try and get all the remaining things for the weekend and have a go at installing the Pioneer.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
@Gregs24, what sealing strip did you get? How did you connect the wires? Any chance you took a photo? And lastly, what did you use to fill up the box? How much of the stuff did you put there?

Going to try and get all the remaining things for the weekend and have a go at installing the Pioneer.
Poly fill is what goes in any sub enclosure

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For clarification to anyone contemplating the RF sub:

g575P3S410-B.jpg

If you look at the mounting tabs and the cage , there is about a 1/2" ridge.
If you put a strip of dense weatherstripping directly over the foam already on the ring, you will crate a positive seal.
The mounting tabs sit directly on to the raised grooves on the box.
I hope that makes sense.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Here you go, this is an extract from my thread :

I had picked up the fibre wading trick from reading on here, it seems to be a favourable option for the mustang sub box.

It’s cheap to do, £9 for a 12 oz bag from amazon and you need about 8 oz for the mustang box. I’m sure using the stuffing from an old pillow would also do.

It was only something that was an idea rather than part of my plan, but once the box was out to do the sequencers, the challenge of the B&O trim ring removal got the better of me … (I think the shaker trim ring is much easier to remove). Once the trim ring came off amazon prime came to the rescue for the fibre (I used brand ‘Poly-fil’).

WD :like:

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

The Pioneer speaker comes with the sealing strip. It is a perfect fit in the enclosure so really easy. As shown I fitted the strip to the enclosure rather than the speaker as it is much easier that way.

Wires just need stripping after cutting off the OEM connectors and then the speakers have push fit connectors - really simple. You can see the wires in one of the photos ready to connect. The two voice coil connections are at the top and bottom of the speaker and it is far easier to connect the bottom one first otherwise you can't see it if you connect the top one first. Make sure you get the wires the right way around as per original explanation otherwise the coils will be out of phase.

Polyfill for the interior although I actually used some hollow fibre from an old pillow. You need to loosely fill but leave a bit of space around the back of the speaker. It isn't an exact thing.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I saw this thread and just pulled my B&O sub apart to prepare for this mod!

However after removing everything the original sub seems to be glued or something to the sub box.
How did you guys loosen the speaker? I don't want to ruin anything

Thanks!

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so you British types need to explain:

So I Ruined My Ring...........

Please tell me why I should laugh.
Is this like the "fanny pack" thing that does not translate across the pond?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I saw this thread and just pulled my B&O sub apart to prepare for this mod!

However after removing everything the original sub seems to be glued or something to the sub box.
How did you guys loosen the speaker? I don't want to ruin anything

Thanks!
91b33001985a9e708c58884ddadfdfdc.jpg

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
:crackup: guess I'll bring out the jackhammer then! I kinda guessed I would have to get a little sweaty - however I don't want to break the original sub nor the box and maybe someone had a trick so it was easy to achieve this :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@RasJeremy - my sub popped out easily once all the screws were out ?

@Chef jpd - have you ever had ‘ring sting’ the morning after eating really hot food ... ?

Chocolate starfish ... ? :cwl:

Rusty bullet hole ... ? :cwl:

WD :like:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The sub needs minimal persuasion to pop out after removing all screws. Make sure you didn't miss any. Then just push the sub with your thumb to the side, and it'd let go. Or turn the box to the side, hit it from behind, while holding the lower part of the sub with your thumb (so it doesn't fall, possibly messing up the wiring). That's the easiest part of the entire project :).
Sponsored