Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Tried teaching my wife many times over the 6 years with my 15gt. But then she didn’t daily drive the car so it never stuck.
I'm going to give it another try when I get the GT/CS....I have heard its a very easy clutch
my 06 GT was an auto because I wanted to make it easy on my wife to drive. She never did!
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I'm going to give it another try when I get the GT/CS....I have heard its a very easy clutch
my 06 GT was an auto because I wanted to make it easy on my wife to drive. She never did!
Test drive both and then decide.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Test drive both and then decide.
too late for that...I'm committed to the stick. I already made changes to my order and don't want to take a chance of losing my place. I drove an auto and just felt it didn't do it for me. Whether my wife drives it or not is the question.:crackup:

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
too late for that...I'm committed to the stick.
The 6 speed is super easy to drive in these things. Many of the reviews I read commented on how consistent and repeatable times are at the drag strip because they're easy to drive.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The 6 speed is super easy to drive in these things. Many of the reviews I read commented on how consistent and repeatable times are at the drag strip because they're easy to drive.
good to know...i haven't test driven one...figured it can't be that bad from when i last owned a stick and just ordered it.
if i can convince my wife its easy she may be ok with it and ultimately get past the sticker price :cwl:

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Yep! If I can drive it anyone can drive it and I've only been driving manual cars for 17 years :giggle::crazy: Well on and off. Shits super easy.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Is part throttle even racing? Reminds me of a childhood "friend" with a BMX bike when I have a 21 gear mountain bike. He would try to tell me I can only use 1 gear when riding around and of course I never did such a dumb thing. I would also be waiting for him to catch up till finally I just never rode bikes with him anymore. Oh the days where you were "friends" because you lived on the same block...
So are you going to tell us we can only use 6 of our 10 gears because it isn't fair? :)

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
I think I can provide the mental reason for this. Comes down to the car and the car's style. An automatic R34 Skyline would not be worth as much money as a manual R34. That car is impressive when someone bangs through the gears and is controlling the way it sounds shifting. But how stupid would an R35 be with a manual? Seems pointless opposed to DCT. The new GT500 is trying to be classed as a supercar and thus it being 760hp and DCT, we're sort of starting to believe it is. But it's a Mustang, so a manual would have been totally fine and awesome. I prefer PDK GT3RS over manual GT3. It's just cooler and better. A manual economic Corolla? I'll drive it but it's not like it's any fun, I just have to. My car is a manual and has the one of the best sounding exhausts to me. People can hear when I am rev matching or heel toeing. I like that my shifts can be recognized as skill. But that means I'm biased towards what I'm driving. I'd get walked in a straight line to an A10 2018+ GT.

Morale of the story? Preference? I guess? Lol

Sponsored

AfricanSnowOwl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just bought my 2020 GT a few weeks ago. It was the first time I ever actively sought out an automatic mustang. I really wanted an A10. Traffic sucks, A10 is faster, and the memories of the crappy Getrag 6M from my last mustang still haunt me.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Geez, you could have picked a less controversial topic, like politics or religion :)

It's all preference, and I don't understand why anyone cares what someone else drives.

For those that say the auto makes the car faster and it's not the driver who can take credit, that's true of just about every part of the car.

If you go faster with a V8 than a 4-cyclinder, it's because of the engine, not the driver. Or if you go faster with a Tremec than an MT-82, it's because of the transmission, not the driver Why buy anything that provides greater performance?

Unless you're running barefoot and naked, you've decided to assist the "driver" with performance enhancements and take some part of the "driver's" element out of it.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I just want to get everyones views on Automatic vs Manual Mustangs and your views on 6speed vs 10speed
It's all a matter of what you're going to be doing with the car. If your purpose is for maximum acceleration to 60 mph or 1/4 mile, the A10 is not going to disappoint as that will be the fastest ET you'll get over any manual. But if you like the fun of full control (and solid connection of engine to rear end) the manual is the one to get. I personally went for the auto because clutches don't last forever and rarely will see 100K before needing replacement.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Geez, you could have picked a less controversial topic, like politics or religion :)

It's all preference, and I don't understand why anyone cares what someone else drives.

For those that say the auto makes the car faster and it's not the driver who can take credit, that's true of just about every part of the car.

If you go faster with a V8 than a 4-cyclinder, it's because of the engine, not the driver. Or if you go faster with a Tremec than an MT-82, it's because of the transmission, not the driver Why buy anything that provides greater performance?

Unless you're running barefoot and naked, you've decided to assist the "driver" with performance enhancements and take some part of the "driver's" element out of it.
Kind of like NHRA Pro racing where computers control the application of the clutches on Nitro cars and of course other stuff like mag timing, fuel delivery, etc. The driver skill is mostly in trying to get the lowest reaction time w/o red-lighting, keeping the car going straight and maybe pedaling if the setup wasn't right and it begins to smoke the tires. Pro Stock is the only one where the driver pretty much has control in leaving the line, shifting, steering, etc. (other than diff gear selection, etc. which is done by the crew).

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
figured it can't be that bad from when i last owned a stick and just ordered it.
90'-'08+ clutches were unbelievably bad. An Allison 6 speed on an OTR had better feel and consistency.
Sponsored