Sponsored

As many have predicted…

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm just holding onto my car long enough to see how reviews for the Integra Type-S pan out in about 6 months then test drive one. With how much traffic is on the road anymore, and how horrible many seem to drive with 0 cops around to pull them over, I'm done driving a powerful sports car. Not worth it. Give me something smaller, more nimble and better on gas. If I fit in a Miata RF I'd be sitting in one of those.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm just holding onto my car long enough to see how reviews for the Integra Type-S pan out in about 6 months then test drive one. With how much traffic is on the road anymore, and how horrible many seem to drive with 0 cops around to pull them over, I'm done driving a powerful sports car. Not worth it. Give me something smaller, more nimble and better on gas. If I fit in a Miata RF I'd be sitting in one of those.
It's not worth it to have a powerful sports car when there's 0 cops around to pull you over?

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
My daily is an Integra A-SPEC... super fun... my wife's car (SUV) is an MDX TypeS... tons of fun...

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It's not worth it to have a powerful sports car when there's 0 cops around to pull you over?
Did you miss where i mention how much traffic there is? Man so much fun flooring it from 37-45....woohoo...

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Good for you man, and I’m sure glad you made it through! I’ve personally been trying to dodge it for almost 3 years now, and it hasn’t been easy or fun. But given my age and having 4 out of the 5 mitigating factors that multiply the morbidity, I had no choice.

But buying new cars during that time has been a great diversion and a lot of fun. I’ve bought 4 new cars since the fall of ‘20, 3 Mustangs and an SUV for my wife. 3 out of the 4 deals involved a trade but in each case I was able to structure the deal with zero human contact. All paperwork, titles, checks etc. were passed through a 1” crack in the passenger side window. Sounds weird but it worked and I’m having a ball tearing up the backroads of N. GA as a result.

Yes, all dealers were trying hard for ADM, at least on GTs and Mach 1s but if you work ‘em a little they’ll cave. But as you point out, even if you pay a little what does it matter in the long run? Get the car you want and can afford and hit the road. As I said I’m older and as a lifelong car guy I’ve had tons of great cars. But I’ve never had one any more fun than one of these Mustangs!
Oh, these car handles on rails. Well once you get the tires warm. I was going to pro tour type build my older car. but not now. It cost 20k in parts to equal what I have in this. I will now just make the older car a nice fast cruiser. and leave the idea of a auto-x toy out of it.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Just be patient, we are in the opening salvo of softening prices. I have been saying this for a while now. Prices by summer are going to be much softer both new and used. One issue is that buyers the last 2 years over paid on their cars, they are going to be so underwater that they won't be able to buy new. Forget about used pricing...its going to be a blood bath.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
It was a matter of time. It’s a mix of the newer S650 coming out (people are sheep), inflation, gas prices and the propaganda of EVs (again, sheep). At least Ford didn’t drop the prices like Tesla screwing us all. 🤣 (not yet at least)

I’m planning to keep my Mustangs for a long time, so it’s all good.
EV propaganda!

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
EV propaganda!
lol well this sheep here (me) has the new Silverado EV on reservation. I'm not 100% sold on it yet but the numbers listed so far are way more impressive than my gas Silverado. At least we know they already made an electric "Mustang" (if you can even stomach calling it one, i can't) so they can't ruin the real one, can they??!!

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
lol well this sheep here (me) has the new Silverado EV on reservation. I'm not 100% sold on it yet but the numbers listed so far are way more impressive than my gas Silverado. At least we know they already made an electric "Mustang" (if you can even stomach calling it one, i can't) so they can't ruin the real one, can they??!!
Don‘t know about ruin, but it certainly waters down the image and legacy. On the other hand this was likely Ford’s intent. There’s a whole generation of young folks who’ll never have to know that Ford once built such a rip snortin’ and fire breathing yet shamefully wasteful vehicle. Just give it a little time.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Don‘t know about ruin, but it certainly waters down the image and legacy. On the other hand this was likely Ford’s intent. There’s a whole generation of young folks who’ll never have to know that Ford once built such a rip snortin’ and fire breathing yet shamefully wasteful vehicle. Just give it a little time.
Yeah i saw a commercial ford released about "Revolutionizing the Mustang by making it fully electric" so i get their intent is to change the outlook. As a guy with an EV on reserve and a millennial myself, I'm not afraid of the future. But IMO removing everything that makes a Mustang a Mustang definitely makes it less "alive"

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Just be patient, we are in the opening salvo of softening prices. I have been saying this for a while now. Prices by summer are going to be much softer both new and used. One issue is that buyers the last 2 years over paid on their cars, they are going to be so underwater that they won't be able to buy new. Forget about used pricing...its going to be a blood bath.
And oddly, when supplies were very low, the sheep went nuts with their demand.

So lots of drivers are in newer vehicles. Now we're years off from new heavy demand due to vehicles wearing out.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I see lots of local used car lots near me that have the same cars that have been there for months when prices were really high. I think they will take a bath on their inventory selling them before this settles out.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
My local dealer has a '22 Mach 1 for $2500 UNDER sticker.
I wanted to buy this car from them when they first got it in - the sales guy said they wanted $15K ADM...I said "I don't play that game, but I'll give you MSRP." They scoffed. Well, now they have it collecting dust, listed -$2500, so phooey on them.

Screenshot_20230117_102528_Chrome.jpg
There is no way that is MSRP on that thing. I know prices have gone up some, but not nearly that much. MSRP on my HP 21 FJG Mach 1 with Elite package was 61,900 and I think last I checked it was like 63k and some change.

@2022 Mach 1 I didn't even think to ask if this was canada which would make sense on the price then. I was worried and didn't want someone thinking this was the correct MSRP on these things, however, that makes sense if it is. I didn't see any mention of it prior to my post

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There is no way that is MSRP on that thing. I know prices have gone up some, but not nearly that much. MSRP on my HP 21 FJG Mach 1 with Elite package was 61,900 and I think last I checked it was like 63k and some change.
That’s in CAD, not USD

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum

@2022 Mach 1 I didn't even think to ask if this was canada which would make sense on the price then. I was worried and didn't want someone thinking this was the correct MSRP on these things, however, that makes sense if it is. I didn't see any mention of it prior to my post
Dude, if you look at the website address it ends in ".ca" for Canada.
Also, my profile says "Location - Canada 🇨🇦"...Canadian MSRP.

If you do a currency conversion CAD$ to USD$, it's what you guys pay in the States.
Sponsored