Sponsored

As many have predicted…

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I guess the rapid price decline compared to other cars naturally follows an overly rapid run up.

A lot of us, myself included, overpaid for our cars during this period of inflated prices. I personally don’t mind; I always knew the market would normalize at some point but I didn’t want to miss out on two years of fun in the meantime. We all come with an expiration date and never know when it is. And patience is not my long suit anyway.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/01/ford-mustang-among-top-used-cars-with-largest-price-drops/
Sponsored

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Yes you can wait and wait or have fun now. I got lucky and bought my 19 GT before the big price rises. I didn't fare as well on the Mach 1 and didn't care. I'm with you on the expiration thing. Waiting two years or more for the price to go down was not an option. I'm having fun now and I don't worry about it. Sounds like you are doing the same. Have fun!

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I know the SHO I traded on my '22 was at a crazy high value - that's just one reason why I got back into a Mustang. (And, the Interceptor Utility now acting as a "big car" for work gear, people, etc) It was only a matter of time before used car values dropped. It's gonna hurt places like Carmax, etc.

At almost 60, I have gotten to the point where time is very important to me. I'm just not waiting long on things anymore. Tomorrow isn't promised.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
We all knew it would happen at some point. I kept my 2019 PP2 (was tempted many times to sell it) and now slowly, getting ready for a change. Debating if I want to stay in a Mustang or go get that C8 :)

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm always wishing for a time machine.

Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I purchased three cars in the February/March 2021 time frame. The BULLITT was used but only had 6k miles on it for $41K. The other two are grocery getters and came with some nice incentives from the manufacturer and the finance people. I was offered $48K for the BULLITT just two months after I bought it. It was SO tempting but I knew I couldn't replace it for a few years due to the market. I do not regret keeping it in the least! I have had so much fun and met so many people because of it. They're all paid off now and I avoided the craziness.

If I'm still kicken' and the new DarkHorse grows on me (and gets a new dash design of some sort) I may take the plunge again in 2025.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
yea, I knew that the market was going south. We have been hearing this for months now. Buying a 50k Mustang on the verge of this decline was not a smart financial decision, but there’s a lot more life behind me than ahead. There comes a point when happiness and good health are the most important assets, not your 401k. Granted you still have to be able to afford the bad choices! One of my favorites….
A7DDB4D5-DBE8-400D-A4AD-ADC36047AB1C.jpeg

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
After i saw a '04 cobra on bring a trailer go for $82k, i was so tempted to sell mine. but things are starting to flatten out now and dealers are discounting new mustangs and actually getting some on the showroom floors. for those who were going to sell, may have missed the boat. but those looking to buy have your chance to get a decent deal

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
If one financed their Pony purchase 2 years ago, they probably locked in at next to nothing interest rates as well. As prices decline, interest rates go up and unless you're buying cash - you're probably paying the same amount for the car in the end. House prices are equally falling as well (just like cars) and it's driven by the interest rate increases.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with all of you. I had been kicking around the idea of a Mach 1 for a while. With a friend of my wife’s passed at 54, that’s when I decided being 54. I’m gonna have the fun now. I already had the 2019 so I just picked up the Mach 1 to have some fun. You can’t leave this life with your money and I have no kids to pass it too so let’s do it now.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
More imprtantly, the housing market has collapsed.

To a worse degree than in 2007-2008.

That's really heavy news, not that the main-stream media is covering the story, and one that will further effect the vehicle market.

Bad times ahead folks. The economy is going to take a gigantic dump.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
More imprtantly, the housing market has collapsed.

To a worse degree than in 2007-2008.

That's really heavy news, not that the main-stream media is covering the story, and one that will further effect the vehicle market.

Bad times ahead folks. The economy is going to take a gigantic dump.
It will get bad, some of us know that. 2007-08 will be nothing compared to what will happen IMO.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It will get bad, some of us know that. 2007-08 will be nothing compared to what will happen IMO.
In 2007-2008 it was the sub-prime mortgage lending crap going on. All those home owners with loans against properties that suddenly weren't worth the value of the loans they'd taken out against them, or to buy them. That then lead to big losses for the top 1-3%ers, who got hammered on their mortgage-backed securities investments. So then the money stopped moving.

Right now all we're seeing is a market price correction, so hopefully it won't effect the rest of the economy as badly.

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Prices are not going down in any meaningful way for long guys. Look at total cars produced in the last 3 year vs long term average.

Most people are economically illiterate. Inflation hurts. Deflation kills. Which one are they going to pick?

This inflation cycle is just beginning.
Can you clarify your observations here?

I'm confused on what you mean about the number of cars produced in the last 3 yeas vs long term average.

As far as inflation/deflation, that's just opinion......as are all economic theories, including any I have.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I couldn’t find a more up to date chart but 2022 should be mid 14.5 million.
3272AD41-4EBD-41DD-A591-5C9C310CC4F7.png

Inflation is the expansion of the supply of money. Deflation is a contraction is money supply. Prices are just the effect. soup index sums it up nicely. (Logarithmic)
9A1267D1-2213-4678-B954-691A8D66F496.jpeg

Interestingly a silver dime in 1964 would buy a can of soup. The same dime is worth about 1.60 today in silver value. That will buy you a can of soup. Notice In 1971 we changed to the current system.

I do think all this is a net positive. A McDonald’s near me was advertising 22 hr starting.
Son, I understand the mathematics, and graphs about vehicle production. I understood all that from your first post. What's not clear is what POINT it is you're trying to make.

Everything else I don't agree with, so I'll just ignore it.
Sponsored