As many have predicted…

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
After i saw a '04 cobra on bring a trailer go for $82k, i was so tempted to sell mine. but things are starting to flatten out now and dealers are discounting new mustangs and actually getting some on the showroom floors. for those who were going to sell, may have missed the boat. but those looking to buy have your chance to get a decent deal
My local dealer has a '22 Mach 1 for $2500 UNDER sticker.
I wanted to buy this car from them when they first got it in - the sales guy said they wanted $15K ADM...I said "I don't play that game, but I'll give you MSRP." They scoffed. Well, now they have it collecting dust, listed -$2500, so phooey on them.

Screenshot_20230117_102528_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The offers I'm getting for my 2018 GT convertible are averaging about $7k less than what I was offered 6 months ago. The car model I want to trade for (BMW Z4 M40i) has also gone down, but unfortunately only about $3k, on average. I guess I should have sold it back then, since I've only put 400 more miles on it. But, it's hard to part with what will be my last V8.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The point is value can decline and prices keep climbing. They made 10 million or so fewer cars in the last 3 years with zero plans to ramp production yet everybody expects prices to decline back to long term averages. Prices have dipped a bit from a massive peak and already started to climb again.

And you don’t have to agree with me on an economic front. You are living it. You can deny what you are seeing is real but it doesn’t change the facts.
They didn't make 10 million or so fewer car in the last 3 years due to lowered demand, and that's where all your economic observations fail.

These last few years have absolutely nothing to do with any recent (last 300 years) economic slow-downs. It didn't happen for normal reasons, so you can't try and apply your standard economic theories to what's happened.

And yes, they have plans to....not to "ramp production", but rather just to get back to normal production. They're (Ford and other manufacturers) trying their little hearts out to produce as much as possible.

You can't look at Mustang production and believe it represents all vehicle production.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I bought my GT350 at the height. Still got a great price. Just had to shop around and make a move as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

Further, I bought a 2020 Charger Hellcat WB in April 2020, when car prices were at their lowest. I sold it in May 2021 to get my GT350. I made 10k on that car, even factoring in the coat of fuel, insurance, and consumables.

And I never expected thearkwt to stay crazy. Folks paying over MSRP now on anything that isn't special are nuts. Give it 6 more months.

Don't want to jump into the economics debate, but it's clear one person doesn't understand them...lol

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
My local dealer has a '22 Mach 1 for $2500 UNDER sticker.
I wanted to buy this car from them when they first got it in - the sales guy said they wanted $15K ADM...I said "I don't play that game, but I'll give you MSRP." They scoffed. Well, now they have it collecting dust, listed -$2500, so phooey on them.

Screenshot_20230117_102528_Chrome.jpg
Canada?

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I paid 3k over on my Mach 1 (22 with ford price protection for my 21 being cancelled). Which is now MSRP on a 2023.

Also it seems hard to find some of the colors now that we're once available.
Plus 1.99% for 60 months vs 4.75% for 60 on the finance terms.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I paid sticker for my M1 which for me means I overpaid. However tge dealer overpaid me on my trade so I suppose it’s a wash. I’m happier driving my Mustang than I was in my JT so that sort of my gauge as to if I did the right thing. I still feel good about it 7 months later so that’s all that matters.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
This is a pointless debate. The guy I take flying lessons from calls these type debates mainstream screams. He also has a PHD in economics and the real world experience to match.

Will leave you with the most powerful man in the worlds though less than 2 years ago. Take about clueless.

We want to see inflation move up to 2%. And we mean that on a
sustainable basis. We don’t mean just tap the brakes once. But then we’d also like to see it on track to move moderately above 2% for some time.

~ Jerome Powell, April 2021
There's no real debate. There's no point to debate, you're not making any.

But out of curiosity........what does the Chair of the Fed think now that inflation has been at 7-8% for the last few years?

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I paid sticker for my M1 which for me means I overpaid. However tge dealer overpaid me on my trade so I suppose it’s a wash. I’m happier driving my Mustang than I was in my JT so that sort of my gauge as to if I did the right thing. I still feel good about it 7 months later so that’s all that matters.
As long as what you did then doesn’t have you in any kind of a bind now (and I assume that is true) then yes, still feeling good about it is indeed all that matter. It is for me too!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I do think all this is a net positive. A McDonald’s near me was advertising 22 hr starting. My personal belief is we are entering a wage spiral. That’s a good thing for the working class.
Wages will never keep pace with 8% inflation. Prices went up so much in the last couple years - of course wages will follow. I don't think you will see most people getting raises that fully compensate for the change - not for a long time. Right now you're more likely to see layoffs and other cuts like Microsoft and Google recently went through. McDonalds pays more than expected because it's tough to find people who really want to work there.

We were getting into good wage increases without the high inflation right before COVID was released. But that's all gone now.

I was fortunate to buy my 2017 before the increases. I wanted a Mach, but I didn't want to pay double for it compared to my used vehicle. I could have gotten it a little cheaper, but not a lot. Now new Mustangs are so expensive that they don't seem like a good value any more when I compare to what I paid for my GT.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Wages will never keep pace with 8% inflation. Prices went up so much in the last couple years - of course wages will follow. I don't think you will see most people getting raises that fully compensate for the change - not for a long time. Right now you're more likely to see layoffs and other cuts like Microsoft and Google recently went through. McDonalds pays more than expected because it's tough to find people who really want to work there.

We were getting into good wage increases without the high inflation right before COVID was released. But that's all gone now.
Yeah, his local McDonalds isn't offering $22Hr. due to inflation. It's being offered because there's an extreme labor shortage.

But after 16-24% of inflation, that $22Hr doesn't mean shit.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
MacDonalds soon will not have humans. Automation will take those jobs. Checkout clerks will soon be history as well. Why would any employer deal with employees when they can have machines that MIGHT just be better than a human when you factor in that they are never late, sick, goofing off, stealing, etc. There is a large buy in initially, but the reliability soon pays back. We here all love machines, but the move to robotics and more precisely to AI is going to change the world in ways that most cannot imagine. And most, I predict, are not going to like it. But that will not be a problem because what one "likes" will not be tolerated in our future world.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
We all knew it would happen at some point. I kept my 2019 PP2 (was tempted many times to sell it) and now slowly, getting ready for a change. Debating if I want to stay in a Mustang or go get that C8 :)
I made the mistake of driving a GR86.

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
MacDonalds soon will not have humans. Automation will take those jobs. Checkout clerks will soon be history as well. Why would any employer deal with employees when they can have machines that MIGHT just be better than a human when you factor in that they are never late, sick, goofing off, stealing, etc. There is a large buy in initially, but the reliability soon pays back. We here all love machines, but the move to robotics and more precisely to AI is going to change the world in ways that most cannot imagine. And most, I predict, are not going to like it. But that will not be a problem because what one "likes" will not be tolerated in our future world.
The only constant in life is change. I think that one of the reasons I was able to stay professionally employed over a fairly long career was that I took it upon myself to constantly update my skill set - not necessarily for my current work, but for the work I could be doing in 3-5 years or more.