BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
tended front studs and 25mm space
Using Apex wheels, see the attached photo. Michelin PS4S 305/30/19 going on Friday. The original Cup 2's have 'lasted' 4,500 miles, but they're in bad shape. I added toe-in to the front and rear about 2,000 miles ago, which helped with tramlining, but probably shortened the life of the tires. I plan to have the alignment 'tweaked' to reduce the toe-in a bit (depending on how much tramlining the car demonstrates with the PS4S). I'll also rotate them every 1-2K miles and see how that helps tread life.

Apex Wheel.jpg
Great! Do you have pictures with APEX wheels?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
I assume you mean squared= rotatable

For a great quality/cost wheel flow formed
Apex wheels is the way to go
2 choices.
Ec7
Sm10
19x11
Offset +52mm

For a fully customize wheel fully forged
Signature wheels are the way to go.

Requirements for rotatable setup
Longer front studs.
25mm hubcentric spacers
Open lug nuts
U can find them all at OPMUSTANG.COM

HIGHLY SUGGESTED a camber plate.
Great information, Thanks!

Hawkeye1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, Tesla Mdl X, 911 GT3, V90, 911S, Z4
Not yet. The tires don't go on the wheels until tomorrow and the wheels don't go on the car until next week.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hey Kevin. You and I actually talked about which rims I should grab last fall. I was torn between the 11's and the 11.5's....
Glad to see you went with the 11.5s. Bit surprised you're having rubbing issues, tho. Hmm

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
are you running the Ferrari Challenge tires?
I have run them. I had no rubbing issues with the 315s, though they were on 19x11s.

I try to run the 305/690/19s when I can. They have a better feel on turn in

GT350HE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reggie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
@honeybadger have you ran the 315/705/19 on a 19x11 rim? That was my plan but was questioning it after I read this thread. Been a slow start to get on the track this year for me but was going to order a set here in the next couple weeks and didn't want to end up with rubbing issues.

Goz To 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Just spent the weekend on the Hoosier 315/30/19 mounted to 11.5 inch Apex rims, and they were great. No issues at all.....

Hawkeye1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, Tesla Mdl X, 911 GT3, V90, 911S, Z4
Photos below. Square setup with Apex wheels and 305-30-19 Michelin PS4S on all four corners. 25mm spacers in front, and the tires can be rotated. No rubbing noted so far. I wanted the look to be as stock as possible, and I worried that the 'hollow' lugs would look weird, but the studs are recessed far enough that you don't really see them (they're from ARP and are gold anodized). The rear tires poke out a bit, which I wasn't expecting, but I don't have 'before' pictures to compare to. Overall, I like the look, including the stock Ford center caps. The two biggest changes:

1) The car rides about 0.5 inches lower, because the diameter of the 30 series tires is smaller. I've scraped the front splitter a couple of times in places that weren't a problem in the past. Nothing major, but I have to be more careful with speed bumps and when leaving my steep driveway. Those smaller diameter tires also mean that the gaps in the wheel wells are 0.5 inches larger. I don't like that, but can live with it. To fix it I'd have to put lowering springs on the car, which would make the scraping problem even worse.

2) Tramlining is almost non-existent!!! I've read several posts about the difference between the original Cup 2 and the PS4S, but I was skeptical. I figured that when someone spends that much money on wheels and tires, they want to believe it was worth it. So, I was shocked (really) at the difference. I regularly travel two stretches of road where years of truck traffic have left deep depressions in the asphalt. In the past, I had to be ready, with both hands firmly on the wheel, when I hit those sections. Yesterday I floated right through them, with only very light tugging from the wheel. I could 'one-hand' it with ease. It was awesome. The tradeoff is that the steering has a bit of a numb spot on center. I'm fine with that compromise, but someone looking for 'max attack' on initial turn-in might not like it.

The only other negative was the installation of the ARP studs. They're great products, but the fit was extremely tight. They were a bear to install (so I'm glad I didn't do the work myself...)

Overall, it's a lot of money, but I'm happy with the outcome. The OEM Cup 2s lasted less than 5,000 miles and I hated the tramlining. It took too much joy out of the drive, and I won't miss it. Until Michelin comes out with a 305-35-19 in the PS4S, I will put up with the increased scraping risk and the tire gaps. Your opinion may differ.

IMG_0352.jpg
IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0356.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
Those wheel looks amazing on your shelby and thanks for all the information and tips.
Tramlining can be really scary on uneven paved highway sometimes. I'm also hope Michelin will release 305-35-19 , since I'm already scapping R splitter sometimes.:cwl:

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Those wheel looks amazing on your shelby and thanks for all the information and tips.
Tramlining can be really scary on uneven paved highway sometimes. I'm also hope Michelin will release 305-35-19 , since I'm already scapping R splitter sometimes.:cwl:
I added the Steeda track bar which pretty much eliminated the tramelining
Sponsored