Anyone else get this? Weird hesitation.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
Oh man that's great! I'm glad that's all it took. I wish I had known this back when I thought it was my clutch causing hesitation. The dealership made $1600 off of me because of ignorance. Haha never again. Live and learn.
Well, thanks for saving me that money! I was thinking it was the clutch too. :like:
Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure it's all the torque management and traction control kicking in. I turn off advanced traction control and the car feels much peppier. Even with traction control off I'd still feel it bog down low.
Im glad I just read this, yesterday I had TC off and rolled off from a set of lights then planted it and it bogged down, had me scratching my head, I mean it pinged off the rev limiter, wheels where spinning for abit then bogged down.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I just noticed my car doing the hesitation thing today. I love this site. Nice to find out mine isn't the only one. But I also have an aftermarket tune so I'll have to find out if they take this issue into consideration when calibrating these cars. First I will definitely do the Crank relearn.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Mine does this but I am completely stock. No cels no stored codes from my OBDII reader. It's usually on normal take offs either in 2nd or third. No hesitation when I am getting on it. It is annoying. But can't do a crank relearn. Advanced trac always turned off when getting in car as well.

15GaurdGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i did a crank relearn and it did nothing. I'm not sure whats going on.

Sponsored

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone figure this out?

I have the same issue. I don't remember this happening until after i installed my Procharger. It does it in every gear but i feel it mostly in 6th while just cruising until i let off then get back on there's a very noticeable hesitation. Frequently feel a bang/thump after it finally comes alive. Very annoying.
Did you ever figure out this issue? I hope so, been almost two years. If I had read this sooner, I would have tried using a vacuum on the brake master cylinder to see if maybe you have air in the clutch system. Sometimes a scary issue can be a simple fix. Might have been a clutch hydraulic issue.

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did you ever figure out this issue? I hope so, been almost two years. If I had read this sooner, I would have tried using a vacuum on the brake master cylinder to see if maybe you have air in the clutch system. Sometimes a scary issue can be a simple fix. Might have been a clutch hydraulic issue.
Can’t speak for him, but for my issue, it still remains. I feel like it has to be engine-management related, like maybe the intake manifold runners causing the little stumble. My car runs great, but if you take off at fairly low RPM this is pretty much always present.

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can’t speak for him, but for my issue, it still remains. I feel like it has to be engine-management related, like maybe the intake manifold runners causing the little stumble. My car runs great, but if you take off at fairly low RPM this is pretty much always present.
These cars have sensors on everything, so an engine problem can possibly have nothing to do with the engine. Try holding down your traction button until "Advance Trac off" appears. That is different from advance Trac sport mode, and is different from just pressing the button once for a split second. Holding the button down turns off your traction control completely. If your car senses a loss in traction, it will kill your throttle. This will just be a test to see if the issue is traction-sensing related.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Here ya go:
That document just explains what a 'crank relearn' is, and how a dealer tech can do it with IDS. But how the heck can you do it yourself? If somebody knows, please post the procedure in detail. I don't think my car has that, but would like to know :). Thank you.

Finally, the better question is why can a stock engine 'forget' those parameters, if the engine wasn't replaced, ECU disconnected, etc? That's weird, no? I'd understand that on a tuned engine, since the ECU needs to be disconnected, but not on a stock one. I was thinking it could be regular fuel causing a timing retard, but it shouldn't be doing that every time, even if that was the case, right?

Sponsored

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That document just explains what a 'crank relearn' is, and how a dealer tech can do it with IDS. But how the heck can you do it yourself? If somebody knows, please post the procedure in detail. I don't think my car has that, but would like to know :). Thank you.

Finally, the better question is why can a stock engine 'forget' those parameters, if the engine wasn't replaced, ECU disconnected, etc? That's weird, no? I'd understand that on a tuned engine, since the ECU needs to be disconnected, but not on a stock one. I was thinking it could be regular fuel causing a timing retard, but it shouldn't be doing that every time, even if that was the case, right?
I can only speak for certain on the NGauge, but I would think most tuning devices can perform a crank relearn. The NGauge is handy because it can be mounted in the car and can do crank relearns, access data, and scan for codes. It's almost worth having even if you don't have a tune to load.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I’ve got this problem too.
I believe it’s the TB out of calibration. Doesn’t happen all the time but imagine going 50mph in 5th and taking foot of the throttle and re applying it’s like a small jolt or hesitation. Doesn’t do it all the time which is weird.
something tells me the throttle body is off because I did a kam reset and went away until 100 miles driving and came back again.

anyone else fix this issue ???
Sponsored