Sponsored

Anyone else get this? Weird hesitation.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Does it do it at night when it is cooler outside?

Have you checked your exhaust for rattles?
Just hit the exhaust a few times with a rubber mallet and listen for a vibration.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does it do it at night when it is cooler outside?

Have you checked your exhaust for rattles?
Just hit the exhaust a few times with a rubber mallet and listen for a vibration.
Yes, day or night same thing. Even at night it’s still in the 80’s and my IAT’s will be mid to high 90’s. Exhaust is ok, it’s about 7mo old and only has resonators. May be worth tapping on the converters though but I haven’t had any rattles.

15GaurdGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone figure this out?

I have the same issue. I don't remember this happening until after i installed my Procharger. It does it in every gear but i feel it mostly in 6th while just cruising until i let off then get back on there's a very noticeable hesitation. Frequently feel a bang/thump after it finally comes alive. Very annoying.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
I also have this happen occasionally. I usually notice it when shifting into 3rd gear at part throttle, it seems like the gear doesn't engage for a second and it just revs until it does. It isn't consistent, so it's hard to replicate.

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone figure this out?

I have the same issue. I don't remember this happening until after i installed my Procharger. It does it in every gear but i feel it mostly in 6th while just cruising until i let off then get back on there's a very noticeable hesitation. Frequently feel a bang/thump after it finally comes alive. Very annoying.
I had this problem at one point. It was when I was running the Stage 2 Power pack from Ford with the GT350 throttle body. It ended up being just a crank relearn that needed to be done. Anytime I switch fuels (pump gas or E85) I do a crank relearn. Any changes to my car; I do a crank relearn.
All that to say ; try doing a crank relearn to see if that fixes the issue if you haven't already.

Sponsored

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I also have this happen occasionally. I usually notice it when shifting into 3rd gear at part throttle, it seems like the gear doesn't engage for a second and it just revs until it does. It isn't consistent, so it's hard to replicate.
Try a crank relearn if you haven't already.

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's been awhile since I did, I'll try it again. Thanks!
Anytime you load a new tune or even use different fuel, a crank relearn should be done. Please let me know if it fixes the problem. I'm curious to know how it turns out. Good luck. Can really be a pain in the ass when the pony won't run the way you want.

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I had this problem at one point. It was when I was running the Stage 2 Power pack from Ford with the GT350 throttle body. It ended up being just a crank relearn that needed to be done. Anytime I switch fuels (pump gas or E85) I do a crank relearn. Any changes to my car; I do a crank relearn.
All that to say ; try doing a crank relearn to see if that fixes the issue if you haven't already.
I'm confused - I've never heard that the Ford PP2 supported E85. Did you get a separate tune to support this?

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm confused - I've never heard that the Ford PP2 supported E85. Did you get a separate tune to support this?
Oh no. Yeah the Power Packs don't support E85. My car has gone through stages of different mods over the years. But I did have that problem after installing the Power Pack and a crank relearn fixed it. Later on, I went full bolt on and now have a flex tune and a race tune from Lund. Anytime I flash a different tune or fuel up with a different fuel, the car is just a little off but doing a crank relearn seems to clear it up.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I feel dumb for asking, but what's a crank relearn?

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
A crank relearn is just a way of recalibrating your crank position sensor. If your crank sensor needs calibrated, it can effect spark and fuel delivery. The process involves getting the car up to temp, then revving the engine and letting it idle. NGauge has a crank relearn, but I'm not familiar enough with other tuner devices to say they all have one.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
Anytime you load a new tune or even use different fuel, a crank relearn should be done. Please let me know if it fixes the problem. I'm curious to know how it turns out. Good luck. Can really be a pain in the ass when the pony won't run the way you want.
It's a week after I did the crank relearn, and throttle has been more consistent overall. I haven't had the hesitation happen at all, I think that did the trick. Thanks Kerry!

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's a week after I did the crank relearn, and throttle has been more consistent overall. I haven't had the hesitation happen at all, I think that did the trick. Thanks Kerry!
Oh man that's great! I'm glad that's all it took. I wish I had known this back when I thought it was my clutch causing hesitation. The dealership made $1600 off of me because of ignorance. Haha never again. Live and learn.
Sponsored