AntiGravity Battery Failure

Ben James

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 Mustang GT
OK...I hooked up my AntiGravity (ironically) XP-10 and turned it on and the car immediately came back to life. Hooked up the C-Teck and it looks like all is well. It's at 11.6v when it came back. So it looks like Cory stated...it isolated itself to save...itself (LOL). No more keys in the car; noted!

But that's why I came here to you guys; I knew there was no way that battery was dead.
Yesssss šŸ¤˜šŸ¼ excellent news
Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
A think AG has UVP. This is from CTEK manual on how to handle it:

BATTERIES WITH "UNDER VOLTAGE PROTECTION"
Some Lithium-ion batteries have an on-board UVP (under voltage protection) that disconnects the battery to avoid it becoming too deeply discharged. This prohibits the CTEK charger from detecting that thereā€™s a battery connected. To bypass this, the battery charger needs to open the UVP. By pressing the RESET-button for 10 seconds, the charger opens the UVP. During this process, the charging STEP 7 is lit. Once the UVP has been opened and the battery is ready to be charged, the charger automatically starts the charging cycle.

Next time you can try this.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Aaahhhh yeah, I remember reading that. Jsut didnā€™t think of it today for this situation. Now it makes more sense.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Check out how to jump start a lithium battery on YouTube. Only takes less than a minute of applying current to it from another battery or old style non automatic charger. Once thereā€™s enough voltage to trigger the lithium charger to read, you can then charge it again with it.
This. Back when I tested some batteries for them the owner himself had said once the internal protection cuts in to isolate the cells, many lithium chargers can't 'wake' the protection circuit. I ran into the issue with one of the batteries and they instructed me to connect a regular lead acid charger for about 15 minutes and then immediately switch over to the lithium charger. I do also agree about avoiding leaving the key in the car if possible.

LightGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
So Iā€™m having an issue too. Wondering if doing the charge with non lithium charger will work too. Situation.. put AG battery in and no lights come on in the car.. nothing. I put the stock battery back in and no issues. AG is showing full charge and no issues.. any help is appreciated. Pictures attached

61CFE13B-E486-45C5-981A-971877C3BF52.jpeg

5B8F9BB5-ECBF-495B-B0DB-26132E900521.jpeg

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Aaahhhh yeah, I remember reading that. Jsut didnā€™t think of it today for this situation. Now it makes more sense.
Too late but I've had exact same thing happen to me - I think car's BMS isn't capable of fully charging it either so if not put on the charger, it will eventually go dead. I connect mine to the charger (I only use it during autox season) regularly.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@LightGT Don't put a non lithium charger on a lithium battery. I did not do that. I hooked up a 12v jump start battery; not the same thing. That alone was enough to wake everything up.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
@LightGT Don't put a non lithium charger on a lithium battery. I did not do that. I hooked up a 12v jump start battery; not the same thing. That alone was enough to wake everything up.
You can for a few minutes to wake the battery if it's gone into protection. The owner of Antigravity instructed me personally to do it when the lithium charger wasn't waking it out of protection mode.

Ben James

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 Mustang GT
Too late but I've had exact same thing happen to me - I think car's BMS isn't capable of fully charging it either so if not put on the charger, it will eventually go dead. I connect mine to the charger (I only use it during autox season) regularly.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...agic-step-to-make-sound-perfect.185530/page-2

Post 16 gives a run down of the BMS, post 18 gives the settings used in Forscan for a trouble free charging system of lithiums in the 2015-2023 Mustangs