Just ordered Antigravity Lithium Battery

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I could very well be wrong, but I think the voltage gauge is displaying the voltage being supplied to the battery. So if it shows a low value, the battery is getting minimal charging front the alternator. When it shows a higher value, the alternator is charging more. That seems to fit what you’re seeing for a battery that’s maintained carefully on a battery tender.

Again, I could be mistaken.
You would be correct. It's pretty normal to see 12.4 - 14.2 just depending on what the car is doing. That is about what my car does on the LiON battery, as it did on the factory battery.
Sponsored

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
The li-ion battery might make the car report lower voltage values and that is a good thing, meaning the battery is charging rapidly, when you see higher voltage values will mean the battery is discharged or failing.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Will the stock charging system work for the lithium batteries?

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Mine has gone 16 days sitting and is still @ 13.25V (92%). That’s on a premium car with security enabled.

Sponsored

motivology

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DK
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Shelby GT350 Hennessey HPE850
There are too many threads/comments to go through so I apologize if this has been mentioned already.

How does it work with trickle chargers? Would it work normally as if it was a lead acid battery?

-DK

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
From Antigravity's FAQ:

No. We do not recommend using any battery tender or other lead-acid standalone charger with a lithium battery. The reason is that lead-acid chargers will tend to overcharge a lithium battery. Additionally lead-acid chargers often have special modes like Desulfation Modes that can spike the voltage to the battery. This can damage a lithium battery.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There are too many threads/comments to go through so I apologize if this has been mentioned already.

How does it work with trickle chargers? Would it work normally as if it was a lead acid battery?

-DK

Yes, it does work the same...you just have to have a charger specifically for a lithium battery.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I keep mine on a tiny Battery Tender made for Lithium. Going strong 4 years now

Sponsored

SCalla0490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
United States
Apologize if I missed this. But I’m going to be ordering the antigravity ATX-20 soon. Am I suppose to buy a charger to get it to a full charge before install?